BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Desert Loop - Saturday, July 30th

3K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Chyort 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hmmmm... why not take the 5 down instead of 3, it'll cut off some time and the 5 is nice... 3 always has so many police.

BTW, I am thinking of coming, just need a bit more info on what type of ride this will be? I like to ride fast, but safe.

#22 ·
The 5a is one of the nicest roads to ride! Almost got an impound last time I rode it. Flew past a cop but someone was watching out for me and he didn't turn around. Lucky that day!

#8 ·
How is the pavement on that really nice section heading up toward Manning, the few kms of linked sweepers shortly before the works yard around where the road widens into four lanes. It was getting a bit worked and I believe they were snake-sealing it last fall ...

#7 · (Edited)
I could be in if we are staying off of the Coq.... I hate that road, and it has just as many cops as anywhere else.... I have no problem up to 39 over :) sounds like a great time, the road from Lilloet to cache Creek is one of my favorite roads in the Province...

Does anyone know if Coalmount road is paved the whole length?.... it looks like an awesome side trip off of the Princton Kamloops portion

#17 ·
Does anyone know if Coalmount road is paved the whole length?.... it looks like an awesome side trip off of the Princton Kamloops portion
It's paved from the Princeton end through Coalmont and Tulameen to the end of Otter Lake just past the Provincial Campground - then gravel until it meets up at the 5A. Highly recommend it. You can even get lunch at the Trading Post in Tulameen. (restaurant is in the back)

#15 ·
I'm probably in and I have no problem with just crusing but if anyone get out of line and wants to race, I'm also in. ;)

I have plans tonight so if I"m not ther it just means... well you know what it means. lol Hope to see you guys there tomorrow.

#20 ·
Meet 7am at the Church on Taylor Way, just off HWY 1 at the exit, northwest corner.

Departure will be 7:15 - 7:30am or so.
Heeeyyllllooooo... I don't want to meet at 7am to leave for the ride at 7:30 am (half hour of sitting around), so can we just say meet whenever and leave at 7:30 am sharp, so if I roll in at 7:25 am, we're good? :)

No need to get up a second earlier than necessary nor can my bladder handle standing around for a half hour when I could be on the bike (I need to stop to pee every hour, yes downside of being a chick).

If we get this worked out ahead of time, I am in! (Although I did try and rally troops to head to Winthrop WA instead in another thread, no bites yet though... so although I prefer riding in the US, in case of ticket, I do want to ride SOMEWHERE!!)

#21 ·
Eeeeek... OK I just read the thread on the police enforcement last night and I am not feeling comfortable with riding in Canada over the long weekend with a group of unknown riders. I am going to head down to Wintrop instead (see other thread if you're interested in going that way). I would rather pay a ticket than have my bike taken away (yes 200km/hr over the bridge is crazy fast but I can't say I've never done it in past as I've been riding a long time when it was just different).. I can say that I won't be doing it this weekend for sure though so if you're into a fun but spirited ride (not insane fast), please join me for Winthrop.

#26 ·
blah blah blah... you lost out. ;)[

QUOTE=R1 GIRL;1547147]Eeeeek... OK I just read the thread on the police enforcement last night and I am not feeling comfortable with riding in Canada over the long weekend with a group of unknown riders. I am going to head down to Wintrop instead (see other thread if you're interested in going that way). I would rather pay a ticket than have my bike taken away (yes 200km/hr over the bridge is crazy fast but I can't say I've never done it in past as I've been riding a long time when it was just different).. I can say that I won't be doing it this weekend for sure though so if you're into a fun but spirited ride (not insane fast), please join me for Winthrop.[/QUOTE]

#28 · (Edited)
So we saw no police on the S2S or on Duffy Rd. But we called it short in Merritt due to us being exhausted already from near-40 degree heat so we came home Coquihalla. We got pulled over at a speed trap at the old toll booth for doing 105 in the 80 zone where it drops down for the truck brake check, but the officer was very nice and let us go with a warning. There was also another one just outside Hope as well but no troubles there.

Duffy Rd was awesome, smooth asphalt until the the 2nd wooden bridge, then it gets kinda crummy for a bit but if you stay in lane position 1 its not that bad. It gets better again once you get to the new concrete bridges further north. Easily was the best road of the day. There is some gravel in the corners, but for the most part its very minimal and wasn't an issue. However, there is one corner and I'm sure those that are familiar with the road know it well, the road crests up and over into a downhill hard right. As soon as we crested the corner had a frightening amount of gravel in it. One of our guys ended up swinging wide in the corner and crossing the yellow to avoid it/not bail. Thankfully traffic was minimal. Other than that the road was great fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.