Riding Illigaly with Learners...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riding Illigaly with Learners...

Registered User Array CyBeR_Pinky's Avatar
    red and black

Riding Illigaly with Learners...

OK... My wife is leaving for five days WITH our car...

I have my bike, I have ridden before, riding isn't tough and I am pretty confident of my abilities... I have my proride course coming up in three weeks...

I know LOTS of people ride without their full license... but I don't want to SCREW myself over...

What happens IF i get smoked while riding the 15 km to work? Its a short, relatively easy commute. Will ICBC give me the ole shaftarino?

Has anyone here been in this situation??? Whaddya think?

2. Remove Advertisements

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    השטן שב
    don't get smoked.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Registered User Array
    West Vancouver
    '79 Honda 500SE<- Joke, I have a nice bike
    You would not be riding without a licence as you do have one. You would be driving contrary to the restrictions on your licence. I think that it will cost you like 200$ plus towing.

The really issue is that if you have an accedent you DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE! It is just not worth it. Park the bike and take a cab if you have to.

Ride illegally on your L, and your insurance is void. Don't expect a penny out of ICBC.

DNA knows what he's talkin about. Listen to him.

Show up for a stand by test really ealry to get the parking lot test. It is raining, so manny no show, plus they are easier on you when it rains

Lower Mainland
    2000 R6
    Risk vs. reward, buddy.

I've read a lot of posts about people riding w/o their license.

If I have an accident, will my insurance cover me?
    What if the accident is my fault and someone (other than myself) gets injured or even killed?
    If I'm caught, will my license be suspended/revoked?

These are just a few of the questions which I would rather not find out the answers to first hand. Getting around this city is hard enough as it is WITH a license. I couldn't imagine being without.

My $.02

Canon 1ds3 1d4
    being without, it sucks.

insurance void if riding against restrictions. which is why some people ride withotu insurance too.

I hate riding with no license though, even though i do it a lot.

Good news is i take my tests soon

i need a new bike.
    just remember there are random license checks for bikes and the police know that a lot of riders do not have full licenses

Entertainment Poster Guy Array rearwheelrider's Avatar
    Da Village
    05 750 gixxer (no,seriously)
    Don't do it man.

You will get yanked, trust me.

as stated above- police are bustin ass on lisence checks right now.
    it's a memo on their list to pull over anyone they wish on two wheels.
    i have to say there's a good, nooooo , a great chance you'll get pulled.

I'm not sure what you can do for other transport, but what ever it is will be cheaper and more hassle free then gettin yanked.....that is if you don't get schmoked by some old lady in a cage. (teh ghey to say the least)

People who never do any more than they get paid for never get paid for any more than they do.
    – Albert Hubbard

r6 track slut
    I was riding at night, against one of my restrictions. Got smoked, then fucked by ICBC. I can tell you first hand they wont cover shit. All up to the lawyer now.

ps those physio bills are a bitch!

'07 GSX-R 750
    Ya i was riding with my L for about 5 months b4 i finally decided to get off my lazy ass and go get my skillz test doe. Now all that "i hope i dont get caught or pulled over" bullshit..and that bein scared around ridin near cops...or what no....out the door. felt so good to ride legally. Plus..if i get into an accident (god forbid) my insurance will cover me as im riding legally. So get the license. borrow a friend car. rent a car...like a viper..that way u can get into a cage without compensating for loss of speed
    25,000 feet is my own little piece of heaven

Dont do it dude.... just wait it out..... half the time bikes get pulled over all they look for is the legal license....and it hurts when you kick your own ass if you did get caught...

It's just not worth the trouble

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    Don't do it.
    Everyone here's absolutely correct. Ride contrary to restrictions and you aren't covered for shit.
    All injuries to you or another, damage to vehicles, etc. will directly attack YOUR pocketbook.
    If it's only 15 clicks, I would get a peddle bike. It's not that far.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

It's red
    People say don't do it but I've done it. I'm not saying you should do it but if you really want to ride and you should ride NORMALLY and NOT like a total retard (weaving in and out of traffic, speeding, wheelies off the line and stoppies at red lights) then cops won't even look twice at you. Look confident in your daily commute and no one will hassle you.

Of course if you do this and get caught don't say you weren't warned. You have no one to blame but yourself. But sometimes you just gotta ride....
    Groovy baby