Summer prices vs. off-season prices on used bikes

Thread: Summer prices vs. off-season prices on used bikes

Registered User Array SuaveDave's Avatar
    '02 Ducati 998

Summer prices vs. off-season prices on used bikes

I've always heard that the off-season is the time to buy used bikes as far as pricing goes but I see a lot of people listing their rides right now citing "must sell, going back to school" as a reason. Any direct experience out there?

2. Remove Advertisements

CBR600RR / RVT1000 RC51
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    A good deal can be found anytime of the year. What you have heard is nothing more than urban myth.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

2003 fz-1
    If your happy to give up a riding season to save 600-1000 bux some good deals can be found Dec-Feb but you better know your pricing because there are lot's of bikes overpriced then to, don't assume or you will get burned and good luck with your test rides in the rain and snow.
    What you are We once were---What we are You will be, Voices of the dead.

White Rock
    Ninja 1000
    Just an urban myth. Any good deals are scooped up quickly so keep an eye out there. When you find the bike you want go for it.

Down here
    While it's not set in stone, the facts are, that the number of good deals out there from a dealer/shop happen at the tail end of the season as they anticipate new stock coming in. Shops holding onto last years models is a big no-no.
    In the private selling world, deals can be found any time, but more good deals are found at the end of the season, and just after tax time.

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    3rd rock from the sun. po co.
    bunch "o" bikes
    Sometimes it is genuine that someone needs to sell due to school, job, moving. Those are few and if priced accordingly will be bought in a flash. Some of the better deals can be found if you put the word out and someone you know has a bike they would sell to you at a fair price. I mostly buy new or from dealers but have bought a few through Craigslist and Buy and sell. If you do not know a lot about bikes it may be best to buy from a good source.

Bike show is a good time. Some good pricing, as is off season.
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!