Painkiller use trend alarms BC expert:

Thread: Painkiller use trend alarms BC expert:

at a critical lean angle
    2006 K1200S

Painkiller use trend alarms BC expert:

Increasing painkiller use alarms B.C. expert
    CBC News Posted: Aug 25, 2011 5:38 PM PT

Prescription drug addiction

B.C. has one of the highest rates of prescription painkiller use in the country, according to new a new study led by Simon Fraser University.

The study looked at retail pharmacies across Canada, and found there's been a 50-per-cent hike over the past decade in the number of prescriptions filled for powerful painkillers called opioids.

What he heck do they expect - we've just had how many years under the Campbell government?
    Last edited by K-rod; 08-26-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Registered User Array Son of Lars's Avatar
    01 Honda RC51
    Another Krod cut n paste. Yawn.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    השטן שב
    It's true tho. There is an alarming amount of use & abuse going on.... I know more than a few people who have (legitimately in most cases) prettymuch become completely dependant on Percs & Oxys
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

You'd be surprised Array G Hats's Avatar
    North Vancouver
    2007 KTM Superduke 990
    I'm a big fan of ibuprofen. Take it probably 3 days a week. But the narcotic strength stuff can put you on a downward spiral

Don't be stupid. Array Sikorsky's Avatar
    2008 just called. It needs it's headline back.

But Oxy is a serious issue amongst a lot of people. Causing a lot of misery and problems to the ones that get hooked.
    The difference between you and me .........

Richmond, BC
    2015 FZ07
    I took Oxycodone and Alprazolam in 2009 every 4 hours for 6 months prior to my lower back surgery and continued taking them for about a month after the surgery.
    I kept a journal of the effects (good and bad) for the entire time I took them. I stopped cold turkey and I can tell you it was hell for about a week.
    The most dangerous side-effect of these narcotic pain killers is that you have no idea how "high" you are. My Subaru had wings

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    3rd rock from the sun. po co.
    bunch "o" bikes
    Its bad! My kid just lost her good friend to Oxy. Got in a car crash, got prescribed them then couldnt stop. After my surgery I was given them like Tic Tacs...200 at a time....I know why people get is a great high!!! I wanted to go ride days after a major operation ,,,and thought I could..?? Still get pain meds but no more oxy. or Perks...

Sometimes see posts I made during being on them and I dont remember writing them or why I said what I did???
    And Ya, You dont think your as high as you actually are.
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

Registered User Array
    Lower Mainland
    I feel I am missing out here. It seems I was born without the receptors to take in narcotics or booze or even marijuana. My internist tried everything he could think of before I had cancer surgery. Turns out I cannot get high, or drunk and nothing will kill pain. Fun times. Am the perfect designated driver, though.

K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    mostly due to one dude who used to work for me I think....