Wheel Lacing/Truing/Balancing

Thread: Wheel Lacing/Truing/Balancing

Triumph Junkie Array
    Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger, 2007 Triumph Speed Triple

Wheel Lacing/Truing/Balancing

Hey all,

This isn't strictly a sportbike related thing, but I recently picked up a 1975 Honda CB750 (which is sort of a sportbike!) and I'm wondering if any of you out there know of a person or shop who has a lot of experience with lacing and truing spoked wheels. I'm hoping to ditch all the old rusty spokes rather then spending hours polishing only to find I need to cut some anyway.

Cheers,
    Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Regular Array
    Bike
    raleigh 73 lowrider
    For my money, you got a couple choices. SuperSport in langely or Cypress Motorsports in Delta. They both have experience with what you are trying to do. Good luck.

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    Bring it in to 5thgear $90 rim and it will be perfect. I have a retired mechanic who has been doing my stuff for years he's a wizard at it. I can't believe some stuff he has done like 120 spoke odd ball pattern car stuff to 12"wide double row Harley customs. Truing is something your good at or not or just enjoy doing.

Triumph Junkie Array
    Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger, 2007 Triumph Speed Triple
    Hey, that's great to know! For a while there I was really sweating trying to figure this out myself. Cheers mate! You'll definitely see me soon.

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    If you ever watched that one Biker build off show where the customer had to build his own bike . The spokes either took all day or an hour. It was pretty funny to watch.