Who Imports Bikes from US - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Imports Bikes from US

Registered User ssblade is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    btw it's threads like this one that have kept this site from realizing a massive movement with how shops interact with their customer base. almost all shops can't stand this site for all the dealer bashing/cross border/how to save a nickel threads. if there were more of a concerted effort on both sides to work with local shops and customers through this site it would be an amazing venture with large rewards. i'm just playing devil's advocate here on the part of the big, nasty, dealerships that make millions and are only around to screw the riders out of their house and home. my wife and i have been in this biz for over a decade each and have played most roles in various shops/corporations. i'll always be a rider over a guy that works at a shop, it may hinder me a bit when i refuse to rip off someone just to make the boss money but at least i go to sleep knowing i do business fair and just. yesterday we took 2 hours off a work order because it simply didn't take that long to do the work, i could have said nothing but seeing the guy come back is more important than the one time ripoff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

BCSB Public Relations kerunt is on a distinguished road kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    eats autobahns
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade View Post
    almost all shops can't stand this site for all the dealer bashing/cross border/how to save a nickel threads.
    No surprise there. Customer awareness is a scary thing. Next thing you know, customers will actually have the nerve to ask for lube when getting their regular 'service' done.
    Starbucks poses by me.

"Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Some guys just have that certain je ne c'est CHIA....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    No surprise there. Customer awareness is a scary thing. Next thing you know, customers will actually have the nerve to ask for lube when getting their regular 'service' done.

if you give a shop business, and continue to do so, the rewards usually outnumber the dollars lost to scrimping and saving a buck any which way while building no relationship. we have great customers that support us, ride with us, drink and share laughs with us and in the end, turn out to be great friends. then there's the cheap cunts that don't do any of that but expect a higher level of service than those that have. i find dealing with most riders that come in to be a pleasure, but that one guy from langley, who was price checking us and trying to get us to sell him a unit 3 grand below our dead cost to match some walmart type dealer in the states yesterday really got to me, and thus my posts today. good luck buying in the states, all the best.

BannedSpammer malamikigo is on a distinguished road malamikigo's Avatar
    Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Yesterday we took 2 hours off a work order because it simply didn't take that long to do the work.
    Funny that you (and anyone else in the industry) think this is something special. Shouldn't that be the norm?

I'm not saying you don't typically do business fair and just, as you said....but patting yourself on the back for not over-charging a customer is pretty lame.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by malamikigo View Post
    Funny that you (and anyone else in the industry) think this is something special. Shouldn't that be the norm?

I'm not saying you don't typically do business fair and just, as you said....but patting yourself on the back for not over-charging a customer is pretty lame.

when you get quoted for work to be done, be it any type of work, how many times has your invoice been smaller than the quote? me personally, never. not once. i'm happy if the job stays on quote now, most come back to me at 10% over without a call beforehand because legally that sticks.

BannedSpammer malamikigo is on a distinguished road malamikigo's Avatar
    Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Nice deflection. Though, perhaps I'm highlighting a problem with the general dishonesty in every aspect of sales/service in many shops, and not in your own practices. Afterall, I did say that what you did SHOULD be the norm (in effect commending you). It was more just disappointment that that isn't how everyone operates.

Bike
    eats autobahns
    when you get quoted for work to be done, be it any type of work, how many times has your invoice been smaller than the quote?
    I've had that numerous times, the latest being at Rainbow powdercoating, where I was quoted $220 for a job, but paid $210. Hardly a huge difference, but it's still a nice sign.
    Starbucks poses by me.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by malamikigo View Post
    Nice deflection. Though, perhaps I'm highlighting a problem with the general dishonesty in every aspect of sales/service in many shops, and not in your own practices. Afterall, I did say that what you did SHOULD be the norm (in effect commending you). It was more just disappointment that that isn't how everyone operates.

expand that to any business and their practices and we would have a much better functioning economy without fear of being raped at the till.

Bike
    I've had that numerous times, the latest being at Rainbow powdercoating, where I was quoted $220 for a job, but paid $210. Hardly a huge difference, but it's still a nice sign.
    10 bucks off 220 is nice, 210 off 525 is much nicer.

Bike
    eats autobahns
    10 bucks off 220 is nice, 210 off 525 is much nicer.
    That's great, but the specific number makes no difference. Not over-charging is not-overcharging, and isn't a practice that deserves a pat on the back.
    Starbucks poses by me.

Bike
    anyways, need to throw some more pills down, recovering from a fracture and hoping to ride next week. all i was doing was illustrating the other side of the coin to the cross border shopping. the season is upon us, hopefully bernie raised a large amount today, the weather is on the rise, and more bikes on the road. here's to hoping that i see some of you ripping the backroads of the interior as cops are few and far between and the roads decent. hell even stop in to a shop along the way and bullshit with an employee about your ride, we do enjoy that.

Bike
    That's great, but the specific number makes no difference. Not over-charging is not-overcharging, and isn't a practice that deserves a pat on the back.
    in this day and age, i think it does. over charge, you bitch, do it on quote, you bitch, do it under quote, still bitch. no winners here i guess.

Hey ssblade, go kill yourself. That is all.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    Hey ssblade, go kill yourself. That is all.
    i'll let you know when i come down next and we can def sort out some of your issues.

i'll let you know when i come down next and we can def sort out some of your issues.
    You're a therapist too?

+ Reply to Thread