BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Attn GSXR owners.

3K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  vancitymike 
#1 ·
I need to buy, or borrow an overlength 2.5mm allen key to slide
through the frame and undo the boots holding the airbox on.

Anyone who has done their own plugs knows what I am talking about.

Been to Crappy Tire, Lordco... nothing long enough.

Help a Bandito out please.

#3 · (Edited)
About 6 inches would suffice.

I have a second option which is to thread on two nuts to the opposite end of the small bolt, and then back it out
from the inside... but then I'm dicking around trying to find the right nuts and thread type.

I bought the longest t handle ones I could find, they are about 5 inches but the collar gets
in they way of the 3/4 inch more I need.

I could mod them, but I'd rather return.

#11 ·
go to crappy tire,, get a 2.5 allen key....buy a piece of 1/4 rod....make it into a "T" handle...special tool...No welder??? drill end of rod cut off about 1" of allen key..smash it into hole then if it slips smash the end and crimp the allen key...bend rod 90 degrees...

#19 ·
See post #3.

Do you have one? I have enough tools to build a house, and build a bike. Apparently, of the 300 allen keys I own, none are
long enough. And I've been to KMS, been to Lordco, been to Cambodian Tire... I've even asked a stack of bikers... nobody has
one.

#24 ·
i'll check tomorrow at work.

text me before 3pm if you find something at princess so i dont have to bring stuff home if i find something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.