leather pants for everyday riding

Thread: leather pants for everyday riding

Unregistered Abuser Array Jimbo31's Avatar
    2012 Street Triple R

leather pants for everyday riding

I have been riding the last 3 years with motorcycle textile pants but they dont offer too much protection. I was wondering what you guys think of leather pants for riding in the summer (i only ride summer) do they get too hot?

I'm worried they will get uncomfortable (heat wise) for riding even on longer rides. what do you guys think?

2003 R6
    2007 D675
    2012 STR
    4 cylinders is one too many

2. Remove Advertisements

Steveston Village
    Triumph Thruxton
    Rs taichi perforated leather pants

Wore mine may till sept, they fit like jeans, and like most leather pants have a mesh liner. They don't have sliders, so not to race looking. Not cheap, but good armour in hips, knees. They can fit in the boot or outside the booting depending on how race ur boots are.

Perforated leather is a very good idea if your riding only summer months.

My 1pc leather did fine in 30c
    Buying something on Amazon, use my affiliate links to support my motorcycle racing. Every little bit counts. WMRC 250 Class FTW - #702, MUCHO GRACIAS!

WTB: PW50 Bike for my kids

2009 Triumph Street Triple 675
    well, any gear is better than no gear. if you find them too hot and don't wear them, then they're pointless. but you already have textile pants so you could always go back to them. and it all depends on what kind of riding you do. if you're on the highway, leathers would be fine (and preferable). if you're doing mostly city riding in traffic and are in leathers, you're going to get a massive case of schweaty balls.

but you might like that.
    Last edited by seakrait; 09-28-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    New West
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Just make sure to buy perforated leathers pants.
    If all you do is ride in the city, you will find them hot on a hot day. Out on the highway, no heat issues, even on a hot day.
    Wear a thin pair of long johns as a wicking layer and that will help avoid teh need to peel your leathers off at the end of the day.