Re-done with a poll as was suggested in the original thread.
Should the province of BC re-new it's contract with the RCMP or re-form the old BC Provincial Police?
If you think it should go with a provincial police force, address the following issues as best you can:
1) Where will the province get the 5900 police officers required to replace the RCMP. Yes, some may switch over but you can't count on 100% compliance.
2) Who pays for the new buildings, vehicles, infrastructure, computer programs and training? Salaries alone are approximately 15-20% higher in municipal police forces than the RCMP.
3) Will the newly formed BCPP police the entire province or just the lower
4) Who will be in charge as an over seeing body?
5) Where will the training be done?