Some big news for Android yesterday.
1.) Android 4.0
2.) Galaxy nexus
3.) Moto Razr
So I watched the live feed from HK last night. What a fucking terrible presentation. Anyways, there are some new features, a lot of the specs were confirmed and some nice surprises with the new operating system.
- 720p curved 4.62" screen
- dual core 1.2 GHz TI proc (it's got a shit ton of processing power, but I want graphics!)
- 1GB of ram.
- much more sophisticated NFC
- 5mp main cam, 1.3mp secondary
- Penta HSPA+ on one model, LTE on another
- It'll be 8.3mm thick
- 16GB or 32GB storage options (sadly, no microsd)
- Zero shutter lag, also friggen nice
Android 4.0 (all features stated here work with the Galaxy Nexus)
- NFC instant transfer ('Beam') between 4.0 devices. This is seriously slick
- Facial recognition unlock
- Data Usage monitor, alarm and restrictor on a per app basis
- Integrated voicemail, links to contacts in your list, ability to slow down a voice mail recording
- Instant and continuous voice typing, allows long pauses while you're sill in voice to text mode.
Motorola Razr, nothing too special
- currently the thinnest smartphone
- 1.2 GHz TI proc
- hQD ~960x540