Muammar Gaddafi dead

Thread: Muammar Gaddafi dead

That new bike smell Array mondocycle's Avatar

Muammar Gaddafi dead

* Libyan Prime Minister Jibril confirms dictator’s demise
    * Harper: Canada’s military mission in Libya to wind down
    * Fighters brandish golden pistol ‘taken’ from Gaddafi

Muammar Gaddafi called the rebels who rose up against his 42-years of one-man rule “rats”, but in the end it was he who was captured cowering in a drainage pipe full of rubbish and filth.

In bizarre scenes, reports said the Former Libyan dictator was found hiding in a drainage culvert waving a golden gun as he tried to flee National Transitional Council fighters who had overrun his hometown and final bastion on Thursday.

Moments later, his bloodied body was stripped and displayed around the world from cellphone video.

Gaddafi, wanted by the International Criminal Court on charges of ordering the killing of civilians, was toppled by rebel forces on Aug. 23, a week short of the 42nd anniversary of the military coup which brought him to power in 1969.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper officially recognized reports of Muammar Gaddafi’s death Thursday, saying the former dictator’s demise spells the beginning of a new era for the Libyan people.

He added that Canada’s military mission in Libya will wind down now that Gadhafi has been killed.

After Libyan Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril confirmed his demise, the new national flag, resurrected by rebels who forced Gaddafi from his capital Tripoli in August, filled streets and squares as jubilant crowds whooped for joy and fired in the air.
    Log off and ride.
    Acta Virum Probant

Formerly kanelupis Array CanaganD's Avatar
    42 years...

for the crumpet I suppose Array
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.

must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    sunny surrey
    a few pretties
    long live rock
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

hanging out at timmies Array
    posing with one of my zukes at 7/11
    a suzisomething
    from the news broadcast it looked like he died a very violent death at the hands of his own people. poetic justice i suppose. burning at a stake would have been more appropriate though

2005 DR650
    My bikes: A random assortment of junk I found in a barn and fixed up.