I last rode my ZX-10R about 3 weeks ago on a long trip around the Cascade Loop. Once I got home I parked it and there it sat for 3 weeks until today. I gathered all my tools to winterize it and it won't start! Here's the flow of events:
- I added fuel stabilizer so that gas in the system would be stable over the winter. I was going to ride a bit to warm it up for the oil change.
- I put the key in the ignition and turned it on. The first clue was the initial fuel pump noise sounded a little off.
- I hit the starter button and it sounded like it wanted to turn over.
- After I let off the switch there was a strange rattle coming from the engine, but it wasn't the starter motor.
- I repeated this 3 more times with the exact same results.
So I pulled the battery and have that charging as it's the easiest thing to check first. Does anyone have any ideas why it won't start or how to try and fix it?