Laguna Seca - July 27-29th 2012. Tickets on sale today.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Laguna Seca - July 27-29th 2012. Tickets on sale today.

Bike
    2009 ZX10R

Laguna Seca - July 27-29th 2012. Tickets on sale today.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/get-tickets
    Heads up the tickets go on sale today.
    I'll be there again next year.
    ---------------------------
    Now... bring me that horizon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Eschew obfuscation Array Mollygrubber's Avatar
    Shorter of breath, one day closer to death.
    Bike
    2010 BMW F800GS
    Ah, thanks. I thought it was the 14th for some reason. Riding down with the wife this time, gonna be fun!

Book your hotels early if you haven't been down there before - they fill up QUICK!

Bike
    2009 ZX10R
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollygrubber View Post
    Book your hotels early if you haven't been down there before - they fill up QUICK!
    I normally camp at the track, tenting it on Fox Hill.
    However, I did book a room in Monterey for next year.
    I love waking up to the sound of motorcycle engines warming up at the track, buy I also like a warm shower and a cool pillow.

Bike
    2010 BMW F800GS
    I've been down a few times, but I've never camped. It always seems like a lot of fun, but a nice quiet cool clean room at the end of a long hot dusty day is SO nice.

We got a room in Pacific Grove this time, looks really nice. Compared to some of those dives on Fremont, anyway

Bike
    I camp at Archery, we have FREE Hot portable showers 24/7, a band and great community.

FYI: Paddock passes sell out fast, limited amount available
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 11-02-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2005 Yamaha R6
    This will be my first time going down to Laguna so what do you guys recommend for passes?

I will be going with the wife and my father to this.

Thanks

Bike
    2010 BMW F800GS
    You don't need the fancy $500 packages to have a great time. standard 3 day pass is fine (if you can get there Friday - or even Thursday - the crowds are minimal and the racers are much more accessible). Paddock pass is a must IMO, no point going without one as far as I'm concerned. You can pay for a grandstand seat if you want, but you can see the action for free from many vantage points. If you want to photograph the race, a long lens is important, and a monopod is really nice too. As far as parking goes, ( if you're driving - there are also shuttles from Monterey - still free I think) the purple parking is cheapest, but it's a bit of a hike and it's a pretty steep climb. I don't know what kind of shape your dad's in, but keep it in mind.

Have fun, you'll love it.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2004 GS500f
    My buddy and I are planning on riding down for this, first time, and camping along the way. Anyone else riding down? Best/most fun routes to take?

Ride the winds of change Array scooter's Avatar
    Bike
    Adventure and Sport
    If you have limited time transport the bikes down to Cali. Riding down the I-5 blows. Make a great back road trip out of it if time is available. I highly recommend the Seirra Nevada's and head west to Laguna. One of my best trips.

Yes, don't spend $'s on tickets. Yes, get the Paddock Pass.

When I camped at Fox Hill thursday was my favorite, no crowds, Walked the whole track and watched the bikes practices. Note: Make sure you get there early for a camping spot or you will be sleeping on the hill. Watch for the poison ivy at the very top in the shrubs.

Such a good time. The 2012 season for the Gp should be a lot more interesting.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2004 GS500f
    I think we will have lot's of available time to make a decent backroad trip out of it (12 days ish) so yeah, will be spending a lot of time on Google Maps planning this out

Bike
    '89 CB-1, '64 CT200, '08 CBR125R, '82 XR100, +5 project bikes...
    I'd love to ride down, tent at the track and get the maximum experience for minimum outlay.

So after pouring over all the material at mazdaraceway.com, I have some newbie questions...

[1] 3-day general admission is $75 and paddock pass is $50. Assuming I'll want a program as well, should I opt for the "Cruising Special" ($140) which includes a reserved seat in Grandstand 11 (or 4)?

[2] "Rev Limiter Zone" ($50) - an upgrade to the paddock pass which lets you watch practice and qualifying on the front straight. Sounds cool! Worth it?

[3] "Parade Lap" ($75) - includes 3-day moto parking in Green 4. Sounds cool! Worth it?

[4] tent camping at Fox Hill ($50/night) - assuming arrival on Thursday, that is 3 nights ($150). You can park your bike right at your site? (And if general camping permits 4 people and 2 bikes per site, can I "sublet" my extra space?)
    WMRC #858 Formula Classic + PCMRC #58 F. SuperSport; Intermediate
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011
    R.I.P. Joey Dunlop February 25, 1952 - July 2, 2000

Bike
    I would camp at archery, nicer, free hot showers, nightly entertainment.
    If u want to sub-let camping, find friends Before u get there
    Rev limiter pass is a waste of money IMO
    Parade lap combo for $75 is a good deal, parade laps sell out and u can sell it for about $100 onsite.
    General admission is all you need, there are plenty of free spots to watch the race i.e. Turn 2
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Bike
    2009 ZX10R
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    [1] 3-day general admission is $75 and paddock pass is $50. Assuming I'll want a program as well, should I opt for the "Cruising Special" ($140) which includes a reserved seat in Grandstand 11 (or 4)?
    Yup that's the packed up way to go, if you want grandstand seats for the race which can be nice. If you don't want grandstand seats then buy separate.

[2] "Rev Limiter Zone" ($50) - an upgrade to the paddock pass which lets you watch practice and qualifying on the front straight. Sounds cool! Worth it?
    Nah just need the paddock pass.

[3] "Parade Lap" ($75) - includes 3-day moto parking in Green 4. Sounds cool! Worth it?
    If it was $25 only then yeah, it's $75 which includes 3 day parking so if you didn't have parking then maybe. To do the one lap with hundreds of bikes is fun but not worth $75.

[4] tent camping at Fox Hill ($50/night) - assuming arrival on Thursday, that is 3 nights ($150). You can park your bike right at your site? (And if general camping permits 4 people and 2 bikes per site, can I "sublet" my extra space?)
    Two bikes per tent, you don't need parking for Fox Hill, park right next to your tent.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2005 Yamaha R6
    The wife and I are driving down.

I think the tickets we were going to get were:

1 cruise special with parking
    1 cruise special without parking
    1 parade lap (gf REALLY REALLY wants to do it lol)

Does this sound reasonable for newbs?

Bike
    '89 CB-1, '64 CT200, '08 CBR125R, '82 XR100, +5 project bikes...
    You're aware the parade lap is bikes only, right?

If the two of you are driving, are you trailering one or two bikes as well, or renting down there, or...?
    WMRC #858 Formula Classic + PCMRC #58 F. SuperSport; Intermediate
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011
    R.I.P. Joey Dunlop February 25, 1952 - July 2, 2000