impressive service from Electrowear and Canada Post

Thread: impressive service from Electrowear and Canada Post

2012 CB1000RA

impressive service from Electrowear and Canada Post

I've owned and used a "Black Jack" electric vest (made by Electrowear in Errington, near Parksville BC) for 3 years, but when the temps fell and I started using it this autumn, the heat output was most unimpressive, not at all what I remembered. broken wires? loosened connections? who knows??? so I phoned and was told they can do repairs, and that there was a flat rate $20 fee, including postage back. sounded reasonable, so I dropped the package off at my local post office at 1pm Weds. mid-day the following Monday, the vest arrived back, restored to toasty perfection. the billing slip shows 15 mins of inspection, 15 mins of sewing, 2 lead wires replaced, and 4 connectors replaced. plus bench testing. plus mailing back. mighty impressive for 20 bucks, and mighty fast too, I reckon! kudos to all concerned!

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Port Coquitlam
    04 gsxr 600 race
    Ive sold those vests for 10 years or more now. I have only had one or two that have had any kind of problem and that is usually after a couple of years of use. They have repaired and returned them in record time. They are great people with a little shop in their garage. Good to see the little guy still has an advantage some times.

Registered User Array Mechannibalism's Avatar
    east van
    '87 GPZ 400 '87 GSXR 400
    ** Electrowear Manufacturing Ltd 1380 Terr Rd, Parksville BC
    Phone: (250) 248-3575 **
    You're just a crackpot till you hit the jackpot - Wernher von Braun

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    '08 Varadero
    Agreed, I have experianced very quick and reasonable (cost of mailing) service from them as well. great folks!!
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Down here
    After purchasing 4 of this particular make of vest over the last 10 yrs, I've discovered that the least expensive definitely is not the way to go. A vest really should last longer than 3 years, the longest timespan I've gotten out of one of these.

I've purchased a vest from "Gears", at 20% more cost, it has heated collar, inline on-off switch, and is still doing well at the end of it's 3rd yr.