Valencia 1000 GP tests:

Thread: Valencia 1000 GP tests:

at a critical lean angle
    2006 K1200S

Valencia 1000 GP tests:

Stoner: "Ya well, with the new thousand cc bikes on the back straight when going into that kink even well out in fifth gear, these new bikes want to spin up the rear tire and go sideways at those speeds, so they're gonna be a whole lotta fun"

Judging by the Valencia testing footage on the Motogp site, me thinks its gonna be a really exciting year for the gp in 2012!
    Last edited by K-rod; 11-09-2011 at 01:16 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

2006 ZX14, 1981 Brat Bike, 1981 Goldwing.
    I don't think Stoner is any stranger to a little spin of the rear at speed.
    "Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for fifteen minutes" - Cousin Eddie

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    two feet off the ground..
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    i'm looking forward to this... its about time they got back to what GP racing is supposed to be about..
    they've got the cash, the expertise... why not... go crazy! we dare yah!

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    huh?, cash is the problem.

Bautista will be riding his new bike for next year today

2nd day times.

Pos. Rider Team Bike Time
    1 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Honda RC212V 1:31.807
    2 Casey Stoner Repsol Honda Honda RC212V 1:31.968
    3 Ben Spies Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha M1 1:32.338
    4 Cal Crutchlow Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha M1 1:32.550
    5 Andrea Dovizioso Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha M1 1:33.256
    6 Valentino Rossi Ducati Marlboro Ducati GP11 1:33.332
    7 Karel Abraham Cardion AB MotoRacing Ducati GP11 1:33.433
    8 Hector Barbera Pramac Racing Ducati GP11 1:33.648
    9 Alvaro Bautista San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda RC212V 1:33.814
    10 Stefan Bradl LCR Honda Honda RC212V 1:34.142
    11 Kousuke Akiyoshi Repsol Honda Honda RC212V 1:34.546
    12 Franco Battaini Ducati Marlboro Ducati GP11 1:34.840
    13 Carmelo Morales TeamLaglisse CRT 1:35.911
    14 Ivan Silva BRQ CRT 1:36.695
    15 Yonny Hernandez BRQ CRT 1:37.279
    16 Federico Sandi Grilini CRT 1:38.680
    Last edited by Jaybo; 11-09-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Yesterday, Melissa Paris took the Tech3 M1 for a few laps.
    I guess being married to Josh Hayes has its perks
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Here's Dovi's feedback after Day 2

Dovi on the M1: a tale of two bikes
    Tuesday, 08 November 2011 21:29 by Matteo Aglio

The only top rider making a big change for next season is Andrea Dovizioso, the long time Honda man moving over to Yamaha. "There are so many new things happening at once, and it threw me off a little bit - the Italian rider admitted - I need time to adjust to all the changes."

Two Bikes in One – The first part of his day was spent on the 800cc M1, before switching to the 1000cc version later on. "It was a great day - Dovi continued - My priority was to find a good riding position on the bike. If you don't have that, you will struggle with everything else. I immediately felt good on the brakes and in corner entry, which is what I expected from observing the Yamahas on track with me. It's almost similar to a two-stroke the way you ride it: the rear end doesn't slide much at all, and it has excellent engine braking. The power delivery is also really smooth, and it allows you to open the throttle with the bike leaned over very far. It's easy to control."

There are some issues, however, under acceleration: "The big weakness is exiting the corners. The M1 wheelies very easily, and not just the 1000, but also the 800. It also suffers from pumping on acceleration. We still need to understand why this issue isn't as bad for the other riders as it is for me. This is the main thing we will concentrate on. I don't know if we will resolve it tomorrow, but it will be important to get some clear ideas before the winter testing ban."

Honda VS Yamaha - So far, Dovi has no regrets about his decision. "I'm happy with my choice. I expected these characteristics from the Yamaha, and they suit my riding style well. I still have a lot in reserve on corner entry; this bike doesn't have the limitations there that the Honda does. We did a lot of work on that issue at Honda, but we never resolved it. I'm losing a lot on corner exit, however, down the straights and under acceleration. I'm not able to make the most of the power. The gearbox shifts almost as quickly as the Honda's, but it's a little more harsh. This could be causing our wheelies."

But there is still plenty of time left before next season: "Today we worked a lot, but I must also remain calm and relaxed. There are still many things to understand. If I can solve the problems, this will be a very fast bike, and it's very well adapted to the Bridgestone tires."
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

2010 Versys
    Said it before - good bye 800cc error. The litre bikes will provide more entertainment for the fans and fun (hopefully safe) for the riders. I recall Lorenzo saying his new M1 might now be hitting 350 km/hr on the long straight at Losail. YAA BABY!! Looking forward to 2012 already.
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

Steveston Village
    Triumph Thruxton
    Digging Dovi's black leathers and carbon bike.

Buying something on Amazon, use my affiliate links to support my motorcycle racing. Every little bit counts. WMRC 250 Class FTW - #702, MUCHO GRACIAS!

WTB: PW50 Bike for my kids