Longshot, but...looking for a couple days a week of work.
I've seen others post on here looking for work, so I figured I'd throw it out there what I'm looking for. Basically, as y'all may or may not know, I do photography. For the last year or so I've been working towards establishing my business and supporting myself primarily with that. I'm not *quite* there yet though...there are months I do well, but still months where I struggle as well.
As such, I'm trying to find some additional work to supplement my income. I'm looking for something 2 days a week, full-time....aka 8 or so hours on each of those days. Not looking to do 4 hours a day, 4 days a week, or any sort of configuration like that. I need those other full days for working on my business. I really just want a couple full days each week, in the hours of 9-5 or therebouts.
So you might be wondering, what does he want to do, and what CAN he do?
- Well, I really don't care what I do, to be honest. As long as it's consistent and reliable, which I will also be, then I will be happy.
- I'm not a young kid or anything...I'm 30 years old, I know how to work hard and honest.
- I'm a smart guy....graduated highschool with honours, I've done BCIT's marketing management program, which is mostly a business course, specializing in sales...I've completed Langara's photography program, and I've done a couple years of schooling towards a general BA as well, focusing on english lit. Want me to manage some spreadsheets or analyze business plans? Cool, let's do it. Want me to write you a sweet poem that you can tell your girlfriend you wrote for her? Sure, I'm down.
- I'm attractive and my customer service is awesome sauce. Want me to man your front desk and sweet-talk all the customers that come through the front door? No prob. Want me to man a phone and talk the talk? I'll do that too. I've done b2b sales jobs, both indoor and outdoor.
- I'm fit. Want me to lift and carry some stuff? Sure, no prob. Check out these muscles.
*Disclaimer* - a can't do....I would be pretty useless in a shop. I can change my own oil and flounder my way through a brake-job, but that's about the extent of my actual mechanical ability.
So, yea...that's the dizzy.
I'm not looking to advance, or become a rising star in your company or anything. My focus is and will remain, my photography. However, I WILL be there reliably, and do a good job. I just want to put a little extra cash in my pocket on a reliable and consistent basis, through a couple days a week of work.
Target hourly rate: I'm targetting $15 an hour for this ambiguous, undefined, unknown job.
Just figured I'd throw it out there!
how's your BJ skills? have you checked craigslist postings yet?
Originally Posted by CanaganD
I've had a scroll through craigslist...haven't seen anything that fits the bill yet. Lots of "3 hours a day, 5 days a week" type stuff for part-time.
BJ, eh....by that you mean.....baking jam, right? I'm probably AWESOME at baking jam, but I've never tried it.
Not wearing pants.
Look for casual Government positions. They're usually flexible, offer benefits and start around $20-$25/hour.
If your passion is behind the lens, why don't you find something that fits? If you wanna make big bucks and you're as skilled as you think you are, try wedding photography. Be social, make those connections and get referred...I know someone that makes between $2000-6000 for a days work doing wedding gigs.
I signed on with casual labor when I first got to Vacouver. The pay wasn't great but they always had labor jobs. Most of the companies had trouble finding steady workers for a reason but I rarely had a day without a call. It also helps for networking and could get you through till something better comes up.