Dirt section 2012
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dirt section 2012

Bike
    yz250f

Dirt section 2012

I will be planning the dirt section over the next week or so, I want a plan to show the parking lot management before my meeting. I have an idea of the flow but if you want to be involved and have some elements in mind please let me know. Don't be shy, it's your track, ask and you shall receive.

Heather

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    yz250f
    What we're looking at this year is 2 long passes. What would be more attractive for each pass?...a tabletop and small tripple?, one larger tripple? table top and whoops? I can plan this thing all day but you guys ride it, I'm really looking forward to some help lol!

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    I'll design you something that people will love and you will get more riders out .

Bike
    yz250f
    I want the riders to have some say in what they ride also though, they all have an idea of what they like and what they don't by now I'm sure. As for layout that's already planned, seems every year it always ends up being a mushroom shape. Such a waste of space and makes the dirt so slow, we're going to try something different this year if we get the go ahead.

Bike
    yz250f
    Art project

Name:  dirt track lay out.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  74.7 KB

this is the lot and lay out (hopefully)

print this out, draw me your ideas and either bring them to the next meeting (jan 10th 7:30 at the Baron) or take a pic and txt it or email it to me.

Bike
    Your mama...(late model)
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXGURL View Post
    Art project

Name:  dirt track lay out.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  74.7 KB

this is the lot and lay out (hopefully)

that looks pretty cool
    “……If a chick sits on your face and you can't hear the stereo anymore...she's too fat! --The Machinist.

Bike
    crf250r
    add a right out of the corner step up to a small table that can be cleared if the step ups done right and quick enough,makes timing all so important.

Bike
    Zx6 07, Crf 450r, Yz250f
    who will be buiding the track, Tiger, and is it possible to get a little more land to use? I know we always have problems with alot of guys who really dont like doubles so i am pretty sure triples will be a problem. last time we had a step up people were freaked, and really you could have cleared it on a dirt jumper. Me, i would like a WAY more technical dirt section, a flat sweeper would ge great and a rythm section, but i am the minority. I will try to make the meeting.

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    You make it technical you will lose riders. The whoops from 3 years ago had people quitting . Just make it easy with jumps that stay steady at 2nd gear half throttle with as little braking as possible. The beginners will love it . You build it for the pros good luck getting any new riders out.

Bike
    yz250f
    Tiger...he has offered but we'll see, more land use...no not happenin.

I want to make it as exciting as I can without making it too difficult for new riders and the wee ones. I think that with the 2 long straights we may be able to have some good stuff in there with a line for people to choose a less technical route (based on their class)....but until we get some machinery going and see how much room there is I'm opting for a less technical dirt track. We need to build a member base this year and there is always Agassiz if you guys want to go crazy and MX it up

I found a hook up in city hall too so I've asked to be kept in the loop of when some good dirt becomes available, getting good dirt is half the battle won haha.

I am reading this so keep the ideas coming, please and thank you

Bike
    Zx6 07, Crf 450r, Yz250f
    a long straight is ok but it will be one line at the corner unless there is a good inside burm. Bill is right, too many technical jumps and we will have people not wanting to ride. Fast sections are good as long as we have the room.

Bike
    yz250f
    Yeah Bill is always right, he is like the "tree of knowledge" of motorcycles...so he says

The 2 lines would be for different classes, the slow one being for the kids and novice so it shouldn't be a problem. The novice guys don't get tangled up in the dirt together like you fast guys. If it works out the way I am imagining it, it should be good for everyone.... and practice is going to be a bit more strict for fast/slow this year so that won't be a problem either

I still want to hear more ideas though....keep em coming.

I ride bikes w/o lights Array BrianSM's Avatar
    Bike
    Whats a sportbike ?
    Bill is my hero fo sho.... but yea an easy section is good....its better to design it with the novice in mind rather than the other way around...at least the fast guys can bump the first jump and fly through the rest..the two line Idea I think is really good...don't forget to give lots of lead time so we all know to help...

what about water ?
    Brian # 30

Bike
    yz250f
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianSM View Post

what about water ?
    there are water tanks on site already, we just have to fill them up and get a pump and hose.....I think one of the guys is working on that but it will all get figured out before our first round

Bike
    Your mama...(late model)
    I say we make the dirt section hard as hell and really make those guys from the USA show us what they got...so we can spy their lines and learn how to go fast....lol ....Just kiddin
    “……If a chick sits on your face and you can't hear the stereo anymore...she's too fat! --The Machinist.