Future shop rocks !!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Future shop rocks !!

'Busa girls, God love 'em Array Argyle's Avatar
    Bike
    06 'Busa

Future shop rocks !!

Well the wife suggested looking at appliances at Future shop. This would have been the last place I would have gone. I buy TV's and computers there not appliances.

Well we upgraded everything New fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, and dryer. We got really good deals on all appliances at the time, I thought.

We bought the washing machine/ dryer oct 23 rd and the rest end of November. The guy told us when we bought the final items end of November to keep an eye on boxing day sales and we will price protect.

I didn't think much of it but boxing day rolled around and my fridge went down almost 400 bucks and the stove another 60.00 I walked in with receipt and sure enough they returned the discount.

I thought hmmm wonder if I should take a chance and bring the oct receipt in for the dryer/ washer discounted 224 total.

They honoured it amazingly... Saved 680 bucks For everything.

Interestingly the policy on website said 30 day price protection. Just goes to show you have to try and this says a lot for futureshop. I will shop there for everything.
    Last edited by Argyle; 01-05-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Bike
    2009 ZX6R---2008 KLX 450 SM---2005 SV650
    Good stuff. It amazes me how often the old adage..."ask and you shall receive" applies.

Ex. Yesterday went to town shoes and bought a $160 pair of shoes...I had a coupon for 20% of your next purchase in the next 30 days, it expired months ago so didn't even bring it...Mentioned it at the counter they gave it to me no questions asked. I have often found London Drugs and AB Sound (when they existed) will always price protect/give boxing day price WELL in advance.

You are throwing away money if you don't ask...worst they can say is no.

Bike
    06 'Busa
    The only catch is they would only refund on the original card you used which happened to be Visa. My problem is the cards paid off and now have an almost 700 dollar credit.

Damn now I have to buy more stuff

Is it possible to transfer funds from Visa without incurring cash advance fees?

Bike
    2008 BMW HP2S, Beta 525RR. 2012 Multi S Touring
    Wrong thread - move to First World Problem.
    "I tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different!"
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Loud Pipes save Deer

Registered User Array SizzleChest's Avatar
    Bike
    http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/...omer%20Support

Our lowest price guarantee does not apply to Boxing Day prices, advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, financing or other special offers. The Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to products or services sold by our Liquidation centre.

I'd say you lucked out...

I don't like future shop because they are sneaky like that. i bought a TV at the end of november and the salesman said it was price protected until january 8th (which i figured meant boxing day too). i brought in a competitor's flyer with a lower boxing day price and was denied and directed to the above statement.

last year i attempted to buy a TV online as part of their cyber monday sale. it started at exactly 7:30pm and i was sitting at the computer hitting refresh on my browser every 5 seconds before the sale price went into effect. 7:30 rolls around, the sale price comes up and i go to make my purchase only to be given a "due to technical problems, we are unable to process your order. please try again later" message over and over and over. i called in, spoke to a CSR and they tried to order it for me but had the same problem. they ensured me that i would get the TV at the sale price and put a note on my file. the next day i phoned in to make sure everything was hunky dory, waited on hold for no less than 30 minutes only to be told that there was no note on my file and that the model that i was after was sold out.

i try to take my business elsewhere unless their pricing is too good not to.
    Last edited by SizzleChest; 01-05-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    *** Do not buy from MarcLapierre. see why ***

Bike
    06 'Busa
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPeter View Post
    Wrong thread - move to First World Problem.
    Ha ha totally agree but when you don't often get breaks ... It's nice to let peeps know that you got treated well by a business in these tough times

Eyes set on the rubbarb Array kelaog's Avatar
    Bike
    Bike hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyle View Post
    The only catch is they would only refund on the original card you used which happened to be Visa. My problem is the cards paid off and now have an almost 700 dollar credit.

Damn now I have to buy more stuff

Is it possible to transfer funds from Visa without incurring cash advance fees?
    If you have a credit balance you can't be charged interest. You will be looking at a $2.00-$2.50 fee for the advance if you withdraw from an ATM/Teller for the cash balance. You would only occur interest on a negative balance. If you're really concerned you can call and bitch until they reverse the $2.50 lol.

Source: I worked in credit card industry for 5 years. =[
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Police to impounds is like gay men to bum sex. It's going to happen... and the participants love it.

Bike
    06 'Busa
    That's awesome thanks

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    Use the credit to buy your groceries for the next month or two
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Eyes set on the rubbarb Array kelaog's Avatar
    Bike
    Bike hiatus
    That's awesome thanks
    Just make sure you only take out what's currently a credit, call them to make sure you have an up to date balance including any pending authorizations etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Police to impounds is like gay men to bum sex. It's going to happen... and the participants love it.

just having fun Array
    Bike
    not red
    I didn't think much of it but boxing day rolled around and my fridge went down almost 400 bucks and the stove another 60.00 I walked in with receipt and sure enough they returned the discount.

I thought hmmm wonder if I should take a chance and bring the oct receipt in for the dryer/ washer discounted 224 total.

They honoured it amazingly... Saved 680 bucks For everything.
    the only thing it shows is how much they ripped you off in the first place. i would not be shopping there, actually i haven't for years.
    don't click here

Bike
    06 'Busa
    Well if you can find something cheaper than what I paid point me in the direction. Nothing compared for Samsung appliances that I found.

It was cheaper than anywhere to begin with now this is a bonus

You'd be surprised Array G Hats's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 KTM Superduke 990
    a $680 credit on my visa would not even last a week! just let it stay there until you charge $680 and then it will dissappear and reduce your next statement. Easy enough no?

Bike
    DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by sushigrl View Post
    the only thing it shows is how much they ripped you off in the first place. i would not be shopping there, actually i haven't for years.
    Went in and bought a ethernet cord, got my friend to give me staff prices. Original price, $29.99. Staff discount, $1.98. I wonder what future shop's cost was???

But cool on you Argyle for getting what you did!
    Click to View

Law of Logical Argument - "Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about"

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticSouth on ADVRider.com
    If i was put here on earth to be a practical functional, purposeful member of society... im a happy FAIL

Insert User Title Here. Array TripleTime's Avatar
    Bike
    Yes.
    Argyle, you copycat.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...ce-Protections

I'm up to nearly $300 now.