Dual Sporting around the Olympic Ntl Park WA

Thread: Dual Sporting around the Olympic Ntl Park WA

Ride the winds of change Array scooter's Avatar
    Adventure and Sport

Dual Sporting around the Olympic Ntl Park WA

I just purchased a pickup truck and wish to get back into Dual Sporting.

Nothing to crazy with the trails.

I found this excellent self guide GPS reference.

With this tour, you will be making a loop that essentially follows the closest continuous route around Olympic National Park in Washington state, with the exception of a leg west of Port Angeles that takes the route around the north side of Crescent lake (which itself is in the National Park). This beautiful route makes the tightest loop around the park possible without back-tracking. Where one leg ends, the next leg starts. All roads are forest service or other public roads--we don't utilize private roads, and approximately 85% of the route is unpaved... It's backroads almost all the way, baby! Included are short side-routes that guide the rider to some of the most spectacular vistas and points of interest.

Last year I street rode around the Olymipc Penninsula area and camped. Amazing around La Push near Forks. Beach 1/2 hour walk away from main road and you can even camp on the beach. I have fallen in love with this area and will go back this year on some sort of ride.

2. Remove Advertisements

Eschew obfuscation Array Mollygrubber's Avatar
    Shorter of breath, one day closer to death.
    2010 BMW F800GS
    That looks really cool. Amazing area, that would make a really cool 4 day weekend trip. Thanks for posting.

"Missing a few pieces!' Array Nine-and-a-half's Avatar
    FZR750r, Triumph Scrambler
    Check butlermaps.com

Thanks for the link to some great looking WA riding.