BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Pitt Meadows Track and Practice Days 2012

61K views 535 replies 83 participants last post by  silverD 
#1 · (Edited)
The Pitt Meadows Track Days for 2012 have been confirmed. We have secured all Saturdays this year.

If you joined us last year you will be happy to hear that we have a space that is another 1-1/2 times bigger. This increase in area will allow us to add more turns, more straights for more fun, and better braking zones.

However, for May 5th we will be using the north tarmac only. Our rates will remain the same as last year for this date. Rates will be $60 for a 1/2 day and $100 for a full day. $20 extra if you don't pre-register.

I have confirmed the following days for 2012:

May 5 - (pre-registration cutoff date is April 27th midnight)
May 26 - (pre-registration cutoff date is May 19th midnight) - we will be using the expanded site!!
July 7 - (pre-registration cutoff date is July 1st midnight)
Aug 18 - (pre-registration cutoff date is August 11th midnight)

Our costs this year will be changed slightly (but still affordable) as we are paying a bit more for the facility.

This year our registration fees will be:

- $80 for a 1/2 day, and
- $140 for a full day.

If you pay on the day of the event it will cost an extra $20 so make sure you book your spot early. I will post up the cutoff date for each. You can pre-register by sending your payment, including details (name, group request, a.m. or p.m. if a half day, etc.) to nej at telus dot net.

Note, we run rain or shine so be prepared for the weather.

We have an on-site BBQ at lunch so you don't have to go anywhere and it's a great deal at $5. I also bring a fairly good stash of water if you don't have room to bring your own.

Randy and I look forward to seeing you out to our larger facility this year.

Nancy

See less See more
#19 ·
Tally Ho!

I'll bring along my Leaf Blower for track cleaning and water moving duties.
I'll try and get some Castrol R for the premix just to get in the mood :rockon

#32 ·
Cool!

FWIW: I'm signed up for the first WCSS Racer Training Course, and Troy told me the Mission date is moving from May 5th to May 19th to tie in with WMRC. I assume WCSS Track Days is moving to the 19th as well.

#33 ·
Probably not an accurate assumption.....

Because of our condensed schedule (4 race days) we will be running morning practice on May 19th then racing in the afternoon instead of doing a full practice day followed by a full race day like we would have in a normal year with more dates.

I believe the racer training class will get to run during that morning session but it will not be a regular track day for street participants. The WMRC exec is still trying to figure out all the details as to our schedule that weekend and one of the other things they need to consider is if the new racers will be allowed to run the novice race that weekend after completing their school portion. SnoDragon and/or Stykman will be the ones to deliver that news I imagine.

I believe the first open track day is going to be June 11 and as it stands there doesn't appear to be any conflicts between Pitt Meadows or Mission dates

#36 ·
Thanks for the interest everyone. I guess I should show up here more often. :)

Here are some sign-up details for those of you who are new to these events.

With pre-registration:

Full day is $140 - 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Half day is $80 - 9:30 am to 1:00 pm or 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm

After the cut-off date (I will announce this for each track day) the price goes up $20 (no exceptions).

Details:

These track days are well suited to street riders who want to get better at cornering and braking as well as racers who want to get a bit of extra practice in between races. All motorcycles are welcome as long as you're running pipes that are 88 db or less.

In order to save me some time answering a lot of the questions with answers that are already posted, I am going to provide links below. Please review these links first and if you don't find your answer then post up your question - I'm sure the regular attendees will be able to answer your question.

How to pay for the track day:

If you would like to register please PayPal your registration fee to nej (at) telus.net and include your name, your skill level (slow, intermediate, fast, or racer - please consider your track experience when answering this question), and what bike you will be riding for the day (this will also help me put you in the correct group).

I really hope to see you out at the BC Driving Centre site at the Pitt Meadows Airport in 2012!!

Nancy

Information links:

How to get to the site: MAP

We will be have our mandatory rider's meeting at 9:00 a.m. to be ready to ride by 9:30 a.m. We will have the gates open at 8:00 a.m. Please be on site on time as we do try and run these events as close to on time as possible.

Facebook Group: Pitt Meadows "Take it to the Track" Days. "Like" it!!

Nancy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.