Motofit weekend at the Ridge - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Motofit weekend at the Ridge

Vanillla Gorilla Zug is on a distinguished road Zug's Avatar
    Bike
    CRF150R - Road Racer.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie335 View Post
    damn you guys are making this so tempting. still kinda on the fence about it since buying/installing a hitch for the suv and then renting a trailer is more expensive than i thought it'd be.
    There may be some guys on here that will be able to give you a ride down, maybe you should PM them and see if you can tag along......
    PROUDLY sponsored by EMS - Thank you so much for your continued support!
    Pacific Coast Mini Racing Club - http://www.miniracingbc.com
    Come race with us, FREE demo's yes FREE!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    CRF150R - Road Racer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    I know it's still several weeks out, but I need to plan ahead as it looks like my normal trackday partner won't be doing this gig.

I'm self sufficient transport wise, but would like to travel with someone else (in convoy so to speak) for security when leaving my open pickup and trailer while foraging for food and provisions.
    I'd like to set off no later than Friday mid morning to allow a leisurely trip and setup at the track.

Does this work for anyone else?
    I am going and will be leaving about the same time (or maybe earlier). A good idea to travel together, let me know when and where would be a good place to meet.
    PROUDLY sponsored by EMS - Thank you so much for your continued support!
    Pacific Coast Mini Racing Club - http://www.miniracingbc.com
    Come race with us, FREE demo's yes FREE!

Let the good times roll Good Karma is on a distinguished road Good Karma's Avatar
    Bike
    GSXR 1000
    With a little over 3 weeks to go it is probably time to start planning transport and ride share so that we all get down there.

From my understanding there is a bus taking several island riders down so there are probably only a handful of island riders that will be going separately. I am hoping that Lionel can try to co-ordinate what needs to happen over there if he is willing :-)

I will co-ordinate the mainland people and would ask that everyone who has signed up either post here or PM me directly what your transport plans are.

(1) Let me know if you have space and would like passengers to share costs with......tell me how much space you have (people and bikes) and when you are planning to leave
    (2) Let me know if you need a ride and what you are planning to take and when you are hoping to leave
    (3) Let me know if you have your own transport but no space for a extra bikes but could possibly take a passenger and gear
    (4) Where you are planning to stay (motel or camp at the track)
    Last edited by Good Karma; 04-10-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Registered User dammyneckhurts is on a distinguished road dammyneckhurts's Avatar
    Bike
    GSXR 750
    Some additional info:

The track is still in the early phase of construction. It still needs to have the final layer of 'Race track quality pavement" put down, but by all reports the current base layer is plenty good enough to ride on.

One slight issue is the current lack of paved pit area. There is a small paved area.. but it's not big enough for everyone to park/pit on. Unless they get more pit area paved in the next few weeks, we really need to bring some plywood to set the bike on if you are using stands/warmers etc.

Everyone also needs to make every effort to use a little paved pit area as possible. Park trucks and trailers in the gravel and bikes only on the paved pit area. Even then, a lot of bikes are not going to fit on the pavement and will be in the dirt.

Hopefully they get the good weather they need to get more paving done very soon, but just wanted you all to know the current condition of things. (Well... actually this was current as of 2 weeks ago)

Registered User KillahK is on a distinguished road KillahK's Avatar
    Bike
    T4 - GSXR750 #23
    Getting stoked for this! I get a ride down on the ISland shortbus AND I get to ride Good Karma's bike!! Sweet!!!
    WMRRA Novice - #807
    Sponsored by:
    thesignpad
    Savage Cycles
    KFG Racing

BCSB Public Relations kerunt is on a distinguished road kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    eats autobahns
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie335 View Post
    damn you guys are making this so tempting. still kinda on the fence about it since buying/installing a hitch for the suv and then renting a trailer is more expensive than i thought it'd be.
    Buy quality and you'll only cry once.

A hitch & trailer is the way to go. Super convenient.
    Starbucks poses by me.

"Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Some guys just have that certain je ne c'est CHIA....

On a soapbox Mechanic is on a distinguished road Mechanic's Avatar
    Above the 49th Parallel and completely beyond Hope
    Bike
    Shuttleworth Snap
    According to a mention on PNWridres forum, the Ridge should have another two acres of paved pit by the end of April.
    This (rather large) photo was taken recently I believe. Let's hope that both more paving and sunshine are on the menu for may 5th. Just in case don't forget your waterproofs and suitable rain tyres

STFU = Acronym used by an internet forum poster without the ability to formulate an intelligent argument or response. [See “dullard”]

Sedate hooligan T-rex is on a distinguished road T-rex's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaboom and the General Lee
    I don't want to sound premature, but ... I think I might have a bike. Then again, I thought I did yesterday, too, before that deal fell through.
    If I get the all-clear, I'll probably just throw my bike on my hitch carrier. Might have some room for spare gear, maybe another body, but that's about it ...

Beer League Racer/Asshole SnoDragon is on a distinguished road SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    I'm gonna bring the RC51 instead of the SV650. No sense bringing a knife to a gunfight! I'll bring the cannon. I cannot wait!
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Bike
    CRF150R - Road Racer.
    Can't wait should be a great weekend and yes hopefully the weather plans along as I don't have rain gear!

Bike
    F**k it ... I just signed up. Maybe this will light a fire under my ass to get my bike situation sorted!

Lee RideFar elevation is on a distinguished road elevation's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by T-rex View Post
    F**k it ... I just signed up. Maybe this will light a fire under my ass to get my bike situation sorted!
    I got a 2010 Yamaha R1 with your name on it

Bike
    A $10,000 track bike? Who do you think I am ... Lance?

Let the good times roll Good Karma is on a distinguished road Good Karma's Avatar
    Bike
    GSXR 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by T-rex View Post
    A $10,000 track bike? Who do you think I am ... Lance?

Har har har......

Registered User bandito is on a distinguished road bandito's Avatar
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Karma View Post
    Har har har......
    Correction, he has $25,000 into track bikes. Big schpender.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

+ Reply to Thread