Motofit weekend at the Ridge
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Motofit weekend at the Ridge

Let the good times roll Good Karma is on a distinguished road Good Karma's Avatar
    Bike
    GSXR 1000

Motofit weekend at the Ridge

This morning I was speaking with Rob Burch who owns Motofit Group about his first track event at the new Ridge Motorsports Park near Seattle.

It is going to be the weekend of May 5th & 6th......rain or shine.

There will be camping at the track....at this point he is not sure if there is going to be any additional charge from the track owners or not for camping. As a guide it is free at ORP.

He told me that he is going to limit the number of total participants at 100.....more or less 33 people in each of 3 groups (slow, medium, fast).

He opened up the bookings last week and already has more than 10 people registered and said he was kind of surprised by the quick response.

He told me that if we, as a group, were to register with more than 10 of us that we would get a small discount. I am going to try and co-ordinate this for everyone's benefit so if you are interested in going down please send me a PM and let me know.

I have just posted this on the WMRC site as well so any racers looking at this ad....you will see it there as well....send me a PM from either site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Sedate hooligan T-rex is on a distinguished road T-rex's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaboom and the General Lee
    You loan me one of your eight track bikes, and I'm in!
    Actually, with a sale pending on my speedy, I might have a new race bike soon. So count me in!

Let the good times roll Good Karma is on a distinguished road Good Karma's Avatar
    Bike
    GSXR 1000
    Sweet......you are number one on the list....8 more to go :-)
    Last edited by Good Karma; 02-09-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Registered User m_raison is on a distinguished road m_raison's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Suzuki GSXR 750
    if i can find transport, im down

Bike
    GSXR 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by m_raison View Post
    if i can find transport, im down
    Alright....let me know once you firm something up. At this point it is pretty much each to their own for transport. I will be either driving down in my truck by myself or towing someone else's trailer with both of our bikes.....either way I don't think I will have any space.

I am hoping to get this organized within the next few weeks before they get too many bookings so that we can all get in the groups we want.

for the crumpet I suppose dasein is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    In, and will transport mark.

Bike
    GSXR 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by dasein View Post
    Sweet.....6 more to go

Registered User drewnabobber is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2007 CBR600 (Race), DRZ125L (Race)
    I'm in. Can probably fit 2 bikes in my trailer and I'd love to share travel expenses with someone.
    Last edited by drewnabobber; 02-09-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Registered User m_raison is on a distinguished road m_raison's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Suzuki GSXR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by dasein View Post
    hurray! sounds like im coming

for the crumpet I suppose dasein is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_raison View Post
    hurray! sounds like im coming
    Don't squeeze so hard. The feeling will pass.

Registered User bandito is on a distinguished road bandito's Avatar
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    I thought you were posting up new that you were starting a business that retails only racebikes. How many of those damn things do you own?
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Bike
    GSXR 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by drewnabobber View Post
    I'm in. Can probably fit 2 bikes in my trailer and I'd love to share travel expenses with someone.
    Excellent.....5 more to go

Bike
    GSXR 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    I thought you were posting up new that you were starting a business that retails only racebikes. How many of those damn things do you own?
    At the moment I only have the 2 race bikes......both of which are listed on BCSB for sale

I am going to build the GSXR 1000 into a track bike because I don't really want to ride it on the street any more for fear of impounds, etc. That bike already has full Ohlins (cartridges, shock and damper), Brembo master and rotors, tapered head bearings and a few other goodies on it. All I need is race bodywork, engine covers, clip-ons, rear sets, 520 chain/sprocket conversion and a quick shifter and I am good to go......roughly $3000 and I'm golden.

Then for a street bike I am thinking of something like an adventure bike which will be a little more upright and comfortable for longer days as well as less of a heat score.

Registered User bandito is on a distinguished road bandito's Avatar
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Karma View Post
    At the moment I only have the 2 race bikes......both of which are listed on BCSB for sale

I am going to build the GSXR 1000 into a track bike because I don't really want to ride it on the street any more for fear of impounds, etc. That bike already has full Ohlins (cartridges, shock and damper), Brembo master and rotors, tapered head bearings and a few other goodies on it. All I need is race bodywork, engine covers, clip-ons, rear sets, 520 chain/sprocket conversion and a quick shifter and I am good to go......roughly $3000 and I'm golden.

Then for a street bike I am thinking of something like an adventure bike which will be a little more upright and comfortable for longer days as well as less of a heat score.
    Good plan... I see your thinking.

For a moment there I was watching and wondering if you were just lighting giant barrels of cash on fire for fun, and temporary heat.

I'll give you $3000 for the 750 so you are golden tomorrow morning if you like?
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Bike
    GSXR 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Good plan... I see your thinking.

For a moment there I was watching and wondering if you were just lighting giant barrels of cash on fire for fun, and temporary heat.

I'll give you $3000 for the 750 so you are golden tomorrow morning if you like?
    My thought is that I want to come out of all this juggling cash neutral and have a kick ass track bike along with a more comfortable street bike.

Thanks for the offer on the 750 but you are jusssst a little low :-)

+ Reply to Thread