Motofit weekend at the Ridge - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 249

Thread: Motofit weekend at the Ridge

  1. #136
    Let the good times roll Good Karma is on a distinguished road Good Karma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    GSXR 1000
    On a serious note.

    I want to remind everyone that is coming to MAKE SURE YOU GET APPROPRIATE OUT OF COUNTRY MEDICAL INSURANCE.

    Joe had a $100,000 helicopter/hospital bill after our trip to T-Hill in October. Fortunately he had coverage thru BCAA which picked up the tab.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #137
    Registered User Pee Wee is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    *
    Bike
    *
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Karma View Post
    On a serious note.

    I want to remind everyone that is coming to MAKE SURE YOU GET APPROPRIATE OUT OF COUNTRY MEDICAL INSURANCE.

    Joe had a $100,000 helicopter/hospital bill after our trip to T-Hill in October. Fortunately he had coverage thru BCAA which picked up the tab.
    Did he buy a helicopter or get a 20min ride in one. JHC, what a rip off.

  4. #138
    for the crumpet I suppose dasein is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    Did he buy a helicopter or get a 20min ride in one. JHC, what a rip off.
    I think he also had a few days as a guest of the ward.

  5. #139
    Let the good times roll Good Karma is on a distinguished road Good Karma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    GSXR 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    Did he buy a helicopter or get a 20min ride in one. JHC, what a rip off.
    $30K + for a short helicopter ride

    $70K for 3 days in hospital.......just x-rays, pain killers, and meals.....no surgery.

  6. #140
    Vanillla Gorilla Zug is on a distinguished road Zug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    .
    Bike
    CRF150R - Road Racer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Karma View Post
    $30K + for a short helicopter ride

    $70K for 3 days in hospital.......just x-rays, pain killers, and meals.....no surgery.
    Man I love Canada! A friend of ours crashed a small plane a few years back down in the states (thankfully they lived) and it took them 11 years to pay off the medical/chopper/ambulance etc. Pay the $70.00 for a years coverage and have the peace of mind it is more than worth it.
    PROUDLY sponsored by EMS - Thank you so much for your continued support!
    Pacific Coast Mini Racing Club - http://www.miniracingbc.com
    Come race with us, FREE demo's yes FREE!

  7. #141
    On a soapbox Mechanic is on a distinguished road Mechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Above the 49th Parallel and completely beyond Hope
    Bike
    Shuttleworth Snap
    Absolutely get insurance. But a word of caution!

    Be very sure that the disclosures you make to the questions asked by the insurer are completely accurate. Don’t rely on a broker to dismiss anything as “..oh that doesn’t matter”. The onus is on you to get it right.

    Your disclosures will only be checked when/if you make a claim. At that point the insurance company is going to look very closely for any inaccuracy against your medical records (to which they have access), so that they can get out of paying.
    If they find an inaccuracy – and it doesn’t have to have any relation to the injury you’re claiming – they will dismiss your claim.

    Here is a link to an expose that was aired on CBC’s market place.
    http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2012/trippedup/

    Just sayin’
    STFU = Acronym used by an internet forum poster without the ability to formulate an intelligent argument or response. [See “dullard”]

  8. #142
    Registered User KillahK is on a distinguished road KillahK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Bike
    T4 - GSXR750 #23
    Hopefully everyone will have a maple leaf flying to show the hot spots for the apres partys! Maybe nametags with our Forum handles?? lol

    All the fine ass bitches will be on the roof of the bang bus!!
    WMRRA Novice - #807
    Sponsored by:
    thesignpad
    Savage Cycles
    KFG Racing

  9. #143
    Let the good times roll Good Karma is on a distinguished road Good Karma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    GSXR 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by KillahK View Post
    Hopefully everyone will have a maple leaf flying to show the hot spots for the apres partys! Maybe nametags with our Forum handles?? lol

    All the fine ass bitches will be on the roof of the bang bus!!
    Fine ass bitches.......hmmm......I hope you mean actual females rather than some of the island boys dressed up in drag :-)
    Last edited by Good Karma; 04-13-2012 at 01:03 PM.

  10. #144
    Lee RideFar elevation is on a distinguished road elevation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    White Rock
    Bike
    Ninja 1000
    Somebody needs to let the local HMO know that a bunch of well insured Canadians are coming down for the weekend. I bet they will park the helicopter trackside just in case.

    +1,000,000 for all out of country coverage. If you have a good group insurance policy through your employer call them to see if they will cover a potential crash on a track.

  11. #145
    Lee RideFar elevation is on a distinguished road elevation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    White Rock
    Bike
    Ninja 1000
    $70K for 3 days in hospital.......just x-rays, pain killers, and meals.....no surgery.
    The HMO goes for the high mark on cost of care. BCAA adjusters negotiate it down. ICBC does the same.

  12. #146
    WMRC exec lowlife is on a distinguished road lowlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Abbotsford
    Bike
    2008 GSXR 750 (race only), 2008 FZ6 (street)
    Hotel is booked, Super 8 is only 8-10 minutes down the road and $60/night. Not the nicest, but close and cheap.
    WMRC #97
    Facebook >>> Jayson Lynch WMRC #97
    EMRA/CMRA #97

    2012 Sponsors:
    Motorcycle World
    Castrol Oil Products
    RMR Suspensions
    Bell Helmets

    Jennifer

  13. #147
    Let the good times roll Good Karma is on a distinguished road Good Karma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    GSXR 1000
    Reminder about the potluck dinner on Saturday night. Motofit supplies BBQ chicken but riders need to bring a decent sized dish of some sort (appies, pasta, salads, veggies, desert) to be shared with everyone else.....maybe a portion for 15 or 20 people.

    Make sure whatever you bring is good for consumption after a couple of days away and that you can prepare at the track. Obviously if you have an RV and a proper fridge you have more options. Since I will be driving down in my truck and only have a small cooler I will be bringing a box of two bite brownies.

    Bring your own beverages (beer, wine, etc), cutlery and chairs.

  14. #148
    Registered User KillahK is on a distinguished road KillahK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Bike
    T4 - GSXR750 #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Karma View Post
    Make sure whatever you bring is good for consumption after a couple of days away and that you can prepare at the track. .

    What's the shelf life of Lucky LAger??!?! LOL
    WMRRA Novice - #807
    Sponsored by:
    thesignpad
    Savage Cycles
    KFG Racing

  15. #149
    Let the good times roll Good Karma is on a distinguished road Good Karma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    GSXR 1000
    Just got off the phone with Rob from Motofit. Here is the run down:

    (1) He is still in the process of sorting out breakfast and lunch food service.

    (2) The Ridge does not have running water or showers as of yet......so it will be portables just like Mission and ORP.

    (3) The Ridge currently has 50,000 square feet of paved paddock and they are hoping to lay another 110,000 square feet next week if the weather co-operates. If they are able to get it done we will have enough space for everyone to be on pavement. If, however, they don't get it done as hoped for the people from Motofit are going to enforce pit set up where priority is given to bikes being on pavement......all trucks, trailers, camping, etc will be OFF pavement to allow bikes and easy ups to be ON pavement. If the paving does not get done and bikes are given priority on the pavement it may still be worthwhile to bring a couple sheets of plywood to set up your chairs and camping gear on.

    Once I know more I will post it in the thread.

  16. #150
    track hack Young Lion is on a distinguished road Young Lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Island
    Bike
    Zee Ex Six AreAre
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Karma View Post
    Just got off the phone with Rob from Motofit. Here is the run down:

    (1) He is still in the process of sorting out breakfast and lunch food service.

    (2) The Ridge does not have running water or showers as of yet......so it will be portables just like Mission and ORP.

    (3) The Ridge currently has 50,000 square feet of paved paddock and they are hoping to lay another 110,000 square feet next week if the weather co-operates. If they are able to get it done we will have enough space for everyone to be on pavement. If, however, they don't get it done as hoped for the people from Motofit are going to enforce pit set up where priority is given to bikes being on pavement......all trucks, trailers, camping, etc will be OFF pavement to allow bikes and easy ups to be ON pavement. If the paving does not get done and bikes are given priority on the pavement it may still be worthwhile to bring a couple sheets of plywood to set up your chairs and camping gear on.

    Once I know more I will post it in the thread.
    I can't speak for everyone Lance but I know I certainly appreciate everything you're doing to help out and to make this as easy as possible to enjoy.

    Just one more thing, if you could speak to Rob about the weather, personally I'm a fan of 20-22 degree's, anything close would be just swell, thanks!


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts