BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Motofit weekend at the Ridge

21K views 248 replies 35 participants last post by  dasein 
#1 ·
This morning I was speaking with Rob Burch who owns Motofit Group about his first track event at the new Ridge Motorsports Park near Seattle.

It is going to be the weekend of May 5th & 6th......rain or shine.

There will be camping at the track....at this point he is not sure if there is going to be any additional charge from the track owners or not for camping. As a guide it is free at ORP.

He told me that he is going to limit the number of total participants at 100.....more or less 33 people in each of 3 groups (slow, medium, fast).

He opened up the bookings last week and already has more than 10 people registered and said he was kind of surprised by the quick response.

He told me that if we, as a group, were to register with more than 10 of us that we would get a small discount. I am going to try and co-ordinate this for everyone's benefit so if you are interested in going down please send me a PM and let me know.

I have just posted this on the WMRC site as well so any racers looking at this ad....you will see it there as well....send me a PM from either site.

See less See more
#5 ·
Alright....let me know once you firm something up. At this point it is pretty much each to their own for transport. I will be either driving down in my truck by myself or towing someone else's trailer with both of our bikes.....either way I don't think I will have any space.

I am hoping to get this organized within the next few weeks before they get too many bookings so that we can all get in the groups we want.

#13 ·
At the moment I only have the 2 race bikes......both of which are listed on BCSB for sale

I am going to build the GSXR 1000 into a track bike because I don't really want to ride it on the street any more for fear of impounds, etc. That bike already has full Ohlins (cartridges, shock and damper), Brembo master and rotors, tapered head bearings and a few other goodies on it. All I need is race bodywork, engine covers, clip-ons, rear sets, 520 chain/sprocket conversion and a quick shifter and I am good to go......roughly $3000 and I'm golden.

Then for a street bike I am thinking of something like an adventure bike which will be a little more upright and comfortable for longer days as well as less of a heat score.

#23 ·
Put me down Lance. I'll go for sure! I'm just not sure if I want to bring the RC51 or the SV?

#31 ·
Alrighty....cool

The way it is going to work is that I am going to get a good idea for numbers off this thread......then talk to Motofit and work out the 'deal'.......then I will PM everyone with the phone number to call to do the registration. Most likely I will send out that PM in the middle of next week.

#32 ·
Hopefully join up with "Team Canada" at the venue ;)

I am making my own arrangements as my work has just got crazy busy, and a commitment that far out is just not possible.

#33 ·
Update on the registration process.

Just chatting with Rob from Motofit and most likely we will do the registration online using a special promo code (yet to be created) and we will then be entitled to the discount which is $25. Once this is set up I will PM everyone with a link and the promo code details.

Payment method is going to be Paypal. I assume most of us have Paypal accounts so it shouldn't be a problem but if you do not have an account I suggest you create one over the next couple of days.....you can link it to your bank account or credit card or both whatever you choose.

#43 ·
I got the 'promo' code last night but they are updating their website today.

Once it is up and running I will be the guinea pig and go thru the registration process.

Once it has accepted my booking and I think it should work for everyone else I will send out the PM's.

#45 ·
Sounds good. I will send you a PM once their website is up and running.

As a further update.....I was speaking with Rob from Motofit tonight and he assured me that our group will get the various spots that we want......he also told me that there will be both Dunlop Ntec's and a full range of Pirelli tires at the track.....Barry from KFG (aka GP North) will be there to install the tires and do suspension set up for those that want it done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.