The Trial of Monty Robinson - Page 18
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 298

Thread: The Trial of Monty Robinson

  1. #256
    Registered User bandito is on a distinguished road bandito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CBR600RR YZ250
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    You can't terminate someone from your company if they are on benefits because they are unfit for work due to medical reasons which could include PSTS, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction etc.

    PSTS could render someone incapable of working permanently.. which hypothetically could mean someone could be on long term disability until retirement.

    This is HR lesson 101 for the day children.
    Last edited by bandito; 02-22-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

  2. #257
    Registered User Schaden is on a distinguished road Schaden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pitt Meadows
    Bike
    Looking
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    You can't terminate someone from your company if they are on benefits because they are unfit for work due to medical reasons which could include PSTS, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction etc.

    PSTS could render someone incapable of working permanently.. which hypothetically could mean someone could be on long term disability until retirement.

    This is HR lesson 101 for the day children.
    Do you mean PTSD?

  3. #258
    Registered User bandito is on a distinguished road bandito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CBR600RR YZ250
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    Do you mean PTSD?
    Don't stress me out.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

  4. #259
    Registered User BCCOM is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    surrey
    Bike
    n/a
    Friday March 23, 2012 at 10 am will be the verdict.

  5. #260
    Moderator CHIA is on a distinguished road CHIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New West
    Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCOM View Post
    Friday March 23, 2012 at 10 am will be the verdict.
    This I'd like to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!
    .

    ** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **


  6. #261
    padawan Grendel is on a distinguished road Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    '89 CB-1, '64 CT200, '08 CBR125R, '82 XR100, +5 project bikes...
    *sigh*

    I'd like to propose that the whole "DUI-accident / leave-license-at-scene / take-off-and-have-a-couple-shots" tactic henceforth be referred to as:

    Pulling a Monty


    Furthermore, if you can get away with Vehicular Manslaughter plus keep a full pension, it be referred to as:

    The Full Monty
    WMRC #858 Formula Classic + PCMRC #58 F. SuperSport; Intermediate
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli January 20, 1987 October 23, 2011
    R.I.P. Joey Dunlop February 25, 1952 - July 2, 2000

  7. #262
    Ridin Dirty vstromgreg is on a distinguished road vstromgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BC
    Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    *sigh*

    I'd like to propose that the whole "DUI-accident / leave-license-at-scene / take-off-and-have-a-couple-shots" tactic henceforth be referred to as:

    Pulling a Monty


    Furthermore, if you can get away with Vehicular Manslaughter plus keep a full pension, it be referred to as:

    The Full Monty
    I see no other recourse.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.


  8. #263
    Canucks 201...uh...2013? TripleTime is on a distinguished road TripleTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    106 miles from Chicago
    Bike
    02 Triumph Sprint RS v2.1, 03 CRF230F, 1950 Vincent
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    *sigh*

    I'd like to propose that the whole "DUI-accident / leave-license-at-scene / take-off-and-have-a-couple-shots" tactic henceforth be referred to as:

    Pulling a Monty


    Furthermore, if you can get away with Vehicular Manslaughter plus keep a full pension, it be referred to as:

    The Full Monty
    I second this......kerunt for the BCSBipdeia.

    With an optional meaning ('cause i don't think we'll see this again for a long time...hopefully) of basically to do something awful, then dodge the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    what drivel did i post?

  9. #264
    Tarded Humpty is on a distinguished road Humpty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kamloops
    Bike
    Dirty Bike with 17's
    I think there is a difference between PTSD and Ignorance.

    The people who man/woman'ed the hell up to help Orian on the scene qualify tor PTSD you Monty do not.

    Monty has never stood up and taken responsibility for any of his actions. He has learned that he can lie his way around his responsibilities as a human being and therefor, he isn't even human enough to suffer PTSD.

    His poor kids have to stare this piece of shit in the eye at the dinner table knowing he has killed two people in the last ten years , lied like a fucking sidewalk and become one of British Columbia's most hated pieces of shit.

    If he still has that service revolver I have a suggestion for it's last use!
    So I locked my keys in my car and I go into an office to see if I can borrow a coat hanger .............. How the hell was I to know it was an abortion clinic and they would take such offense?

  10. #265
    41 over! stever88ca is on a distinguished road stever88ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New West
    Bike
    Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpty View Post
    If he still has that service revolver I have a suggestion for it's last use!
    Easy cowboy. I'm no friend of MR, but if he does have an addiction problem (which I don't know if he does) he may yet get help and go on to live a useful, helpful life, sparing his children the spectre of heaping a suicide into the mix.

    I dropped into the courtroom for a few minutes today and caught a short portion of the Crown's closing after attending at the Courthouse on another matter. The public gallery was packed but not a lot to see. I nodded at Frank Einstein.
    Last edited by stever88ca; 02-22-2012 at 03:45 PM.
    2013 Ninja 1000 Angel II
    2011 Ninja ZX-10R Demon
    2008 Ninja ZX-10R
    2006 VFR 800
    1993 CBR 600 F2
    1991 CBR 600 F2
    1984 XLR 350R

    Quote Originally Posted by LCPeter View Post
    stopping for anyone [is] strictly optional
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    super amped up about semi-naked jello wrestling with...

  11. #266
    Registered User yamaha33 is on a distinguished road yamaha33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Langley, British Columbia
    Bike
    1997 Yamaha YZF 750R
    Both the rider and the driver gambled that night by drinking and riding/driving. If either of them decided not to drink, the accident would have been prevented. They are both equally responsible for causing the accident. Some of us hate Monty a little more because he's a cop which leads to a very viable reason for him to have PTSD. If any one of us were to be involved in an incident where someone dies as a result of our actions, we have to deal with friends, family, perhaps a jury, a couple lines in a newspaper. But, as a cop, he had the whole world armchair quarterbacking his decision. I don't know this guy, but fuck....I think I would develop some sort of fucking problem too. Right or wrong, it would be hard to live with.

    The problem with the current legal system started long before Monty and the rider fucked up. No doubt he will get off but we can at least hope he will never wear a badge again. If it makes some of you sick that he may get off, think about the sexual predators living in your neighborhood right now that may be eyeing up your children. That may sound perverse but its absolutely true. Defense lawyers make a living out of getting everyone off, regardless of their crime. If you want to try to fix the problem, don't look at Monty, start going after defense lawyers and judges.....both of them have something in common, "zero accountability to the public."
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

    George Orwell

  12. #267
    Tarded Humpty is on a distinguished road Humpty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kamloops
    Bike
    Dirty Bike with 17's
    How many people can a person kill and still possibly turn it all around and be a productive part of society?

    Addiction or not that asshole has lied and is still lying his way out of his self inflicted shit storm.

    Sorry I appreciate your opinion but you won't convince me that this piece of shit deserves my compassion if he removed himself from society. He's an embarrassment to his co workers , his children and mankind.
    So I locked my keys in my car and I go into an office to see if I can borrow a coat hanger .............. How the hell was I to know it was an abortion clinic and they would take such offense?

  13. #268
    I like traffic cones :S made Man is on a distinguished road made Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    hard in the mac
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha33 View Post
    Both the rider and the driver gambled that night by drinking and riding/driving. If either of them decided not to drink, the accident would have been prevented. They are both equally responsible for causing the accident. Some of us hate Monty a little more because he's a cop which leads to a very viable reason for him to have PTSD. If any one of us were to be involved in an incident where someone dies as a result of our actions, we have to deal with friends, family, perhaps a jury, a couple lines in a newspaper. But, as a cop, he had the whole world armchair quarterbacking his decision. I don't know this guy, but fuck....I think I would develop some sort of fucking problem too. Right or wrong, it would be hard to live with.
    "
    someone turning left into you with no warning... not sure if he could have done anything.
    i know im assuming, but that is how it usually happens.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

  14. #269
    Registered User yamaha33 is on a distinguished road yamaha33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Langley, British Columbia
    Bike
    1997 Yamaha YZF 750R
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpty View Post
    How many people can a person kill and still possibly turn it all around and be a productive part of society?

    Addiction or not that asshole has lied and is still lying his way out of his self inflicted shit storm.

    Sorry I appreciate your opinion but you won't convince me that this piece of shit deserves my compassion if he removed himself from society. He's an embarrassment to his co workers , his children and mankind.
    Not sure if you were referring to my post or not but at no time did I say he has an excuse. I was just referring to the fact that it is very likely he had PTSD. I'm not saying that is a reason to get away with anything. I am just saying he will likely get away with it because of defense lawyers and judges, just like the sexual predators, rapists, etc that live in our neighborhoods.

    To clarify, I personally don't believe PTSD should be an excuse for this.
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

    George Orwell

  15. #270
    Registered User yamaha33 is on a distinguished road yamaha33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Langley, British Columbia
    Bike
    1997 Yamaha YZF 750R
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    someone turning left into you with no warning... not sure if he could have done anything.
    i know im assuming, but that is how it usually happens.
    Hey, we all know that is one of our most dangerous things to deal with on the road. Personally, any time I see someone about to turn left in front of me at an intersection, I do a couple things: slow the fuck down and prepare for collision avoidance and look at the driver to see if he sees me coming. It's just defensive riding. Now, I'm not saying I drink and ride but I could imagine how if I had a few drinks in me, I may not take the same measures. All I'm saying is, he's responsible too. The difference is, his family and loved ones are paying for his mistake, Monty is alive and will hopefully be paying for his mistake. Again, a long shot considering my earlier points.

    But, I do understand your point.
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

    George Orwell

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts