2008 Ninja ZX-10R
    2006 VFR 800
    1993 CBR 600 F2
    1991 CBR 600 F2
    1984 XLR 350R

Quote Originally Posted by LCPeter View Post
    stopping for anyone [is] strictly optional
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    super amped up about semi-naked jello wrestling with...

'Busa girls, God love 'em Argyle is on a distinguished road Argyle's Avatar
    Bike
    06 'Busa
    Lest we forget he left the scene of an accident.... He didn't know, from what I have read, if said motorcyclist was alive or dead. A police officer leaving someone to die on the side of the road is irrehensible in my books. What a great thing to teach your kids eh?

He's also milking the "I have a drinking problem" approach, which is disgusting... Why can't he just take responsibility for his actions and let the cards fall where they may. You fucked up take responsibilty for it asswipe.

Registered User Frank Einstein is on a distinguished road Frank Einstein's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 Honda X15RRR4000BTU Space Comander..I just call her "Chopper"!
    Once again, if he should beat this rap because of being "alcohol dependent" then he will probably beat the perjury rap as well for the same reason, and end up retired with a nice pension to boot! But, I still think he will never be a happy person who could contribute to society in a positive way.
    My brain is the same shape as my hat!

Registered User Commuter Boy is on a distinguished road Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by dasein View Post
    it is all about Judge selection. And yes, if your (or your opponent's) lawyer is good, they do pick them. Not formally, but there are many ways.
    "Judge Shopping" the lawyers call it. It's probably more rampant in the insolvency field because we get preferential access to the Courts for a lot of things.

You call up the folks at the Courthouse, ask who's going to be sitting on a given day/morning/afternoon. "Ok, who will be sitting the day afterwards?" I don't want to know if it goes any farther than that, but some lawyers do have great relationships with the folks that control the scheduling.......

for the crumpet I suppose dasein is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commuter Boy View Post
    "Judge Shopping" the lawyers call it. It's probably more rampant in the insolvency field because we get preferential access to the Courts for a lot of things.

You call up the folks at the Courthouse, ask who's going to be sitting on a given day/morning/afternoon. "Ok, who will be sitting the day afterwards?" I don't want to know if it goes any farther than that, but some lawyers do have great relationships with the folks that control the scheduling.......
    Like the lawyer is only available when a certain Judge is on holiday, at a conference, training, whatever.... in my deal, I made the early mistake of pissing of the case coordinator (a JP). Took me a long time to get my Judge back, but when I had her, I won everything. When I did not, and they had their Judge, they won. When it was another Judge, it was a toss.

Funny thing is how shocked they all act if you bring up the notion that a whole lot of Judge shopping is going on. I even had a Judge tell me "That is Judge shopping! We don't do that...".

It is a totally fucked system. Problem is, after 2 years of close contact with it, I have very few ideas on how to improve it. It really is a tough problem the courts face.

On a soapbox Mechanic is on a distinguished road Mechanic's Avatar
    Above the 49th Parallel and completely beyond Hope
    Bike
    Shuttleworth Snap
    Quote Originally Posted by dasein View Post
    It is a totally fucked system. Problem is, after 2 years of close contact with it, I have very few ideas on how to improve it. It really is a tough problem the courts face.
    What exactly are you trying to say here? Our justice system is flawed?
    STFU = Acronym used by an internet forum poster without the ability to formulate an intelligent argument or response. [See “dullard”]

backslider K-rod is on a distinguished road K-rod's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 K1200S
    ... is 'flawed' synonymous with 'almost completely dysfunctional' ?

I like traffic cones :S made Man is on a distinguished road made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Our legal system.

It's far ways from justice.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

"im a wanker" -malamikigo

Ridin Dirty vstromgreg is on a distinguished road vstromgreg's Avatar
    Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    I hope if he gets off no one ever ties him to the back of a dual sport and drags him up about 200KM's of Forest service road....

that would be sad....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Registered User bandito is on a distinguished road bandito's Avatar
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by stever88ca View Post
    LMAO; Navy pinstripe Harry Rosen.
    I just knew you had good taste. Now tell me fine sir, what shoes do you wear?
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

41 over! stever88ca is on a distinguished road stever88ca's Avatar
    Bike
    Demon
    I just knew you had good taste. Now tell me fine sir, what shoes do you wear?
    My Reeboks are the best match for my Disney tie.
    2013 Ninja 1000 Angel II
    2011 Ninja ZX-10R Demon
    2008 Ninja ZX-10R
    2006 VFR 800
    1993 CBR 600 F2
    1991 CBR 600 F2
    1984 XLR 350R

Quote Originally Posted by LCPeter View Post
    stopping for anyone [is] strictly optional
    super amped up about semi-naked jello wrestling with...

Registered User bandito is on a distinguished road bandito's Avatar
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by stever88ca View Post
    My Reeboks are the best match for my Disney tie.
    Nice. I can envision you strutting around the courthouse in a fedora.

And one of those Calvin Klein "dink holsters" that make your unit look totally massive.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

West Koots, I'm here.... flyfishinwoman is on a distinguished road flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    Bike
    a few toys
    Let's not forget about the upcoming VERDICT, even though it's only a month away with busy schedules sometimes it's hard to remember.

Adele, Frank and others - I appreciate all the reports and updates from your attendance at the proceedings, thanks.
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 02-23-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Replaced sentencing with verdict
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

+ Reply to Thread