Big White - Any secrets?

Thread: Big White - Any secrets?

Registered User Array ParkJunkie's Avatar
    North Vancouver
    old: 2002 Yamaha R6, new: '06 gsxr 750

Big White - Any secrets?

So I'm heading up to Big White next weekend. I've been before but it's been a while and from what I remember/what I've read, it's unfortunately tame. I spend most of my time at Baker where you can easily find fun lines that include anything from little 5ft hits to, well, you name it.

Any locals know of any hidden gems that I can occupy myself with over my three days there? Can't remember if there's any slack-country or lift accessible fun. I'll be on JJ's with Dukes so hikes aren't a problem. Feel free to pm me if you'd rather not have it public info. Thanks in advance. - from a skier in search of a 7+ pucker factor.
    Last edited by ParkJunkie; 02-18-2012 at 01:25 PM.
    4 posts, 1 ride, 1 crash. That's a good ratio right?
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thgear View Post
    If your passenger can feel you shift suck .

2. Remove Advertisements

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Starbucks in turn 2.
    I've never been to Big White, but spent 5 days at Sun Peaks this past December and had a blast. Everyone says that Sun Peaks is a way better resort & mountain. If you're not set on Big White, check it out!
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Kamloops B.C.
    A black one
    Theres some nice tree skiing around the Powder Chair, bombing the Cliff is always a good way to spend some time and if you dont mind taking a hike head to the peak of the Parachute Bowl, its steep and always a good time. Stay in that area, ski the Glades, ride the Powder Chair, The Falcon Chair or the Alpine T-Bar with the odd blast to the Gem Lake Express and you`ll avoid most of the crowds and bit the best runs. The Ridge Rocket and Snow Ghost chair lines are usually packed and only good for getting to the top of the Mountain. The Falcon chair gives access to areas we used to hike up to ski and if the snow is good there are some sick lines all over the place.

Have a good time.

I lived in Kelowna for 20 years and had a Pass to Big White for 15 of them. Its a killer mountain.
    Hug a two`ll never go back to trees.