Tony Stewart crash, runs over driver
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart crash, runs over driver

Ridin hard n dirty Mr.Sushi ya ha is on a distinguished road Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    Bike
    bunch "o" bikes

Tony Stewart crash, runs over driver

Very sad, as a fan of sprint cars and had worked and sat in them I know that even in a lit shop there are lots of blind spots. Sucks that a kid died but he should not have run on to the track like that.

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-ste...ing-1618893708
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

must have more bacon gxr jo is on a distinguished road gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    84 vf750 , 01 sv650 race bike , 06 gixxr thou race bike , 09 1198s , manigale
    am waiting for the bcsb crash site team to offer their analysis , before forming my own opinion
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

medicated 4 ur protection syncro is on a distinguished road syncro's Avatar
    beyond the realm of the here and now in the what is and formerly what was
    Bike
    RC51 & Shadow ACE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sushi ya ha View Post
    Very sad, as a fan of sprint cars and had worked and sat in them I know that even in a lit shop there are lots of blind spots. Sucks that a kid died but he should not have run on to the track like that.

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-ste...ing-1618893708
    how do you feel about the notion that while he may not have intended to kill the guy, that stewart gassed his car to hit or come close to hitting the other driver? from the vid you can see and hear at the last second how stewart hit the gas and swung the rear end out towards the guy. if he hadn't done that kevin ward would probably still be alive.

either way, stupid thing for ward to do, to run out on the track like that.
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

100% Asshole SpookyjacK is on a distinguished road SpookyjacK's Avatar
    Bike
    N/A
    Looked deliberate to me...the investigation should shed some light.
    I am more than a mathematical equation, I am more than a chemical combination...

Registered User Booger is on a distinguished road Booger's Avatar
    Bike
    both acts appear to be stupid. Unfortunately someone died because of them.

Registered User BROSKI is on a distinguished road BROSKI's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda
    ^^ Agree. Both parties are at fault to some degree. Dont think he did it intentionally but it was a stupid move......... probably was trying to scare him by reving. :/

Registered User Armor11 is on a distinguished road Armor11's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 GSXR-600
    Ok, both made stupid moves but for some reason drivers seem to walk/run back out on track to express their anger at another driver. That being said, all the other drivers seem to slow down while passing the guy...... except for Stewart. Then you hear the rev!! Wow. Stewart is known for confrontation and fits of anger, I think he just went a little far this time. I will assume not deliberate but anger does amazing things to cause lack of judgement.

Registered User Steve G. is on a distinguished road Steve G.'s Avatar
    Bike
    ummm
    Of course everyone here knows that dirt sprint cars steer with the throttle at anything over 50mph.

Registered User LCPeter is on a distinguished road LCPeter's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 BMW HP2S, Beta 525RR. 2012 Multi S Touring
    Kid was a fool for going out of the safe zone and running down onto the track into harms way. To me it's IQ fail. A Darwinian example. Full stop. If you provoke or continue a confrontation with a car/truck on your MC you might suffer the same. I try to never get riled at a car/truck who is hot. Just stay safe and de-escalate. If he was so pissed he could go punch Tony in the nose after the race. Now he can't.
    Last edited by LCPeter; 08-11-2014 at 09:57 PM.
    "I tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different!"
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Loud Pipes save Deer

Got Hammer? gixxstar is on a distinguished road gixxstar's Avatar
    Bike
    The Mighty One
    Weird things can happen with a young guy all amped up on adrenaline but I really can't see how someone could lose it enough to think running out on a track in the middle of a race with those things would be a good idea. Pretty sad and senseless.

Formerly kanelupis CanaganD is on a distinguished road CanaganD's Avatar
    Bike
    K1300R
    Steward probably gassed with intention to dirt spray, not to kill. Shitty situation. As others have said... probably dumb move by both. BUT with that said, it seems that in sprint car racing drivers get out of their cars to confront other drivers all the time. Ward was probably just doing what many have done before, and in the heat of the moment didn't think much about the danger.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    from the vid you can see and hear at the last second how stewart hit the gas

either way, stupid thing for ward to do, to run out on the track like that.
    I think you have it backwards. The rear end went away from the kid and I believe it was Stewart's attempt at avoiding him. Granted he had a higher line than he could have but the kid aggressively went down the track and I think its clear that Tony tried to avoid him at the last second. He certainly didn't run him down. Also, looking at the vid. I see no evidence that Tony started anything with the crash. He may not have even seen him - but either way that's racing.
    Last edited by LCPeter; 08-11-2014 at 10:08 PM.
    "I tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different!"
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Loud Pipes save Deer

license to chill frontside5 is on a distinguished road frontside5's Avatar
    Bike
    R6, F4 stunter
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar View Post
    Weird things can happen with a young guy all amped up on adrenaline but I really can't see how someone could lose it enough to think running out on a track in the middle of a race with those things would be a good idea. Pretty sad and senseless.
    I don't think he thought it was a good idea but the thing is drivers do it all the time knowing that nobody is going to run you over. Stewart very famously did the same and even threw his helmet into another driver's windshield. I'm sure he never thought about the driver potentially flinching and losing control he just threw as hard as he could. People just do dumb shit when they're pissed.
    FYI I think Stewart wanted to buzz him close enough to make him jump and he just got it wrong. If that's the case, very sad someone had to die from what amounts to petty garbage.

medicated 4 ur protection syncro is on a distinguished road syncro's Avatar
    beyond the realm of the here and now in the what is and formerly what was
    Bike
    RC51 & Shadow ACE
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPeter View Post
    I think you have it backwards. The rear end went away from the kid and I believe it was Stewart's attempt at avoiding him.
    the rear end initially goes towards ward slightly (at the same time you can hear stewart hit the gas) and goes away after he chops the throttle.
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by frontside5 View Post
    FYI I think Stewart wanted to buzz him close enough to make him jump.
    I believe that too. But, wtf. Kid needs a physics lesson.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Loud Pipes save Deer

+ Reply to Thread