Sunshine Coast MX track
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sunshine Coast MX track

Bike
    Your mama...(late model)

Sunshine Coast MX track

I have learned a few very valuable lessons in the off season on my motorbike. I mean I always had a hunch these things were true, but I was just never a 100%. The first thing I learned is about the ego. The sense of self is strong for people with motorbikes. For some reason the ego is quite strong for me, however, I have discovered that that sense of motorcycle identity exists mainly in the immaterial world. What I learned is the vision I have about myself in my mind can in fact be quite a different one from the one that appears in the material world.
    This lesson was driven home (no pun intended) on not one, but on two occasions at the MX track on the Sunshine Coast when my body was driven into the ground by a wayward combination of simple physics.

The second lesson I learned is that wrongly manifested ego is quite funny. Let me unpack this statement a bit. You see-- quite simply, I used to think people liked me because they wanted to be like me, when the facts actually are quite different. People seem to like me around perhaps because I am a working example of ego wrongly manifested…I’m the idiot that takes the heat off all the other idiots.

But the most important thing I learned at the track a few weekends ago was that in the end-- the stuff that happens on the inside of your head will sooner or later always happen around the outside of it. It is why we hang around good riders to get some of that mojo, or what ever you wanna call it. I had the pleasure of watching some really good riders do laps that weekend.

By the way my tongue still hurts from where I bit a piece of it off when I did a face plant when my bike flipped over backward due to a check my ego tried to write that my body simply couldn’t cash. I believe it is called a whiskey throttle.
    Last edited by slowzuki; 03-01-2012 at 01:36 AM.
    “……If a chick sits on your face and you can't hear the stereo anymore...she's too fat! --The Machinist.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Your mama...(late model)
    HAHAHA Is my next bike gonna be a 250 ??? YOU KNOW IT!
    “……If a chick sits on your face and you can't hear the stereo anymore...she's too fat! --The Machinist.

Bike
    Zx6 07, Crf 450r, Yz250f
    So are ya coming this Sunday?

Bike
    2008 SXV550
    I can't ever read your posts, laughing at your avatar gets in the way.

Bike
    Your mama...(late model)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumby View Post
    So are ya coming this Sunday?
    I will not be coming this Sunday as I have opted for a nice peaceful "woods" ride with my buddies...also this Sunday will be the first day back on a moto as I stuck to the mountain bike last week so I wanna gradually work it in slow...I think we are gonna ride behind the university and hit some single track...

However I am keen on trying that track again before SUMO season gets underway.

Bike
    crf250r
    let me know when you guys head over,i will come over,iam always by myself which sucks.(except this weekend,motor rebuild time) if it ever dries out slowzuki come out to catermole theres a few jumps,sand corners,rutted corners we all play around on to workout the cobbwebs,also mission and agassiz will be doing practice days...when it dries out.

john

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    I'm heading over tomorrow to learn those same lessons that you've learned. All those who watch me on a dirt bike for the first time in 4 years are allowed to point, laugh, and generally be derogatory to this fat man who still thinks he can ride.

I switched the CRF450x back to dirt today to see how crappy I can ride again. The last time I was on dirt, was Vedder MTN a long time ago. I've never been to a MX track. This should be fun!
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Bike
    MTS1200S
    That track is an absolute blast! I'm also VERY glad it's got so much deep sand, as that cushioned the fall a few times! I thought I caught some great air, but it was really only about 2 to 3 inches! LOL.
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Bike
    crf250r
    iam heading over tues or wed,with a few kids since there outa school.

Bike
    Zx6 07, Crf 450r, Yz250f
    Quote Originally Posted by J1k View Post
    iam heading over tues or wed,with a few kids since there outa school.
    That is tempting.

Bike
    Your mama...(late model)

Whiskey throttle

Whiskey throttle…it even sounds dangerous. By definition it resounds the feeling of trouble--of outa control trouble. Whiskey was a drink I could always count on to really fuck shit up. Being an all or nothing kinda guy I have always had problems staying on a bike.

You want to slow down, but you are hanging on now for dear life. As you hang on you twist the throttle and then you gotta hang on more, and the more you hang on the more you twist the throttle….it’s kind of a downward spiral (I guess just like the whiskey). You know you had too much whiskey when you open your eyes in the morning and see a stainless steal toilet in your room.

You know you should not have gone “one more lap” when your helmet and goggles look like this after.
    Attached Images    
    Last edited by slowzuki; 03-06-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Bike
    yz250f
    OMG Zoltan!!! what the hell *shakes head* crazy...face plant

Bike
    MTS1200S
    holy shit! Which jump did you do that on?
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

Bike
    Your mama...(late model)
    I was trying to go fast right at the entrance where people part their trucks, going up hill. Adam (from Carter Honda, who is one of the best riders I have ever seen up close) was sitting on his tailgate and saw the whole thing. He said it didn't look that bad....however coming from an ex pro racer I think "not that bad" is a relative statement...LOL

Bike
    Your mama...(late model)
    The marks look quite peculiar on my helmet…I must have slid directly on the top of my head at some point. But only Adam knows for sure as he was the only person who saw the whole thing.