Fun on the Isle Of Man, the TT is great.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fun on the Isle Of Man, the TT is great.

Registered User skookumcycles is on a distinguished road skookumcycles's Avatar
    Bike
    '98 VTR1000F

Fun on the Isle Of Man, the TT is great.

Southern 100, ran after the end of the TT so as not to have everyone try and leave at once...

Leaving my viewpoint in Ramsey and the way to Douglas.
    Last edited by skookumcycles; 03-01-2012 at 10:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Moderator CoolDaddyGroove is on a distinguished road CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 Ninja 1000
    Freaking LMAO
    I am faster than you. You are faster than me. Where exactly does that leave us?

must have more bacon gxr jo is on a distinguished road gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    84 vf750 , 01 sv650 race bike , 06 gixxr thou race bike , 09 1198s , manigale
    unless oncoming traffic was prohibited , numbnuts was taking some serious risks going around some corners
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Bike
    '98 VTR1000F

Talking Mr. Numbnuts defends

Quote Originally Posted by gxr jo View Post
    unless oncoming traffic was prohibited , numbnuts was taking some serious risks going around some corners
    Said Mr. Numbnuts was indeed on a temporary one way road after the races. You can tell by the complete absence of oncoming traffic and the huge police presence at the beginning, also many parts have no speed limits. No laws broken, just a lot of smiles.

100% Asshole SpookyjacK is on a distinguished road SpookyjacK's Avatar
    Bike
    N/A
    Cool...who was the totally fugly dude narrating at the start?? Your VTR sounds like shit. J/K dude shoot me a pm.
    I am more than a mathematical equation, I am more than a chemical combination...

Registered User LCPeter is on a distinguished road LCPeter's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 BMW HP2S, Beta 525RR. 2012 Multi S Touring
    LOL, I like how you ride. Looks like it was great fun.
    "I tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different!"
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Loud Pipes save Deer

Registered User bandito is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    o00o PhilipRR o00o
    Meh, the challenge is when there is oncoming traffic.

Don't be stupid. Sikorsky is on a distinguished road Sikorsky's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM
    Pretty awesome. I'm jealous.

It may sound like a dumb request but could you describe the road? Asphalt quality, smoothness and texture compared to our roads? I've always been curious since they race, is it like a billiard table smooth, supper adhesive surface?
    I love to bully the bullies! ;)

Bike
    '98 VTR1000F

road quality

Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    Pretty awesome. I'm jealous.

It may sound like a dumb request but could you describe the road? Asphalt quality, smoothness and texture compared to our roads? I've always been curious since they race, is it like a billiard table smooth, supper adhesive surface?
    Far from a dumb question.
    You can see my full lap, Thread: A six am trip around the isle of Man TT course, a historic ride...

The roads have no frost heaves nor the rippling from Semi rigs / tractors, also no manhole covers and or grates as far as I could see and the round abouts have no centre island. Also it is swept and cleaned like crazy, no grease strips down the middle, no rocks / dirt at the apex of the corners.
    Not a racetrack but a well maintained road like what is normal for California / most of Europe, say, not the Duffy Lake ( pre repave),
    worst bit is the classic shady tunnel iconic IOM TT scene, teeth jarring bumpy, at 200 + KPH down into Balaugh bridge (jump). John McGuinness current living legend at the TT and lap record holder at over 131 MPH AVERAGE speed, food for thought, with no run off... said that if it was repaved he could go quicker, but he's against removing the character of the section...
    The mountain part is a very nice stretch, but it is all a real Road Racing course,
    no quarter given, taken or expected.
    A must do for any devout MC fan.
    Hope that helps...

+ Reply to Thread