BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Fun on the Isle Of Man, the TT is great.

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  skookumcycles 
#1 · (Edited)
Southern 100, ran after the end of the TT so as not to have everyone try and leave at once...

Leaving my viewpoint in Ramsey and the way to Douglas.

#4 ·
Mr. Numbnuts defends

Said Mr. Numbnuts was indeed on a temporary one way road after the races. You can tell by the complete absence of oncoming traffic and the huge police presence at the beginning, also many parts have no speed limits. No laws broken, just a lot of smiles.

#8 ·
Pretty awesome. I'm jealous.

It may sound like a dumb request but could you describe the road? Asphalt quality, smoothness and texture compared to our roads? I've always been curious since they race, is it like a billiard table smooth, supper adhesive surface?

#9 ·
road quality

Far from a dumb question.
You can see my full lap, Thread: A six am trip around the isle of Man TT course, a historic ride...

The roads have no frost heaves nor the rippling from Semi rigs / tractors, also no manhole covers and or grates as far as I could see and the round abouts have no centre island. Also it is swept and cleaned like crazy, no grease strips down the middle, no rocks / dirt at the apex of the corners.
Not a racetrack but a well maintained road like what is normal for California / most of Europe, say, not the Duffy Lake ( pre repave),
worst bit is the classic shady tunnel iconic IOM TT scene, teeth jarring bumpy, at 200 + KPH down into Balaugh bridge (jump). John McGuinness current living legend at the TT and lap record holder at over 131 MPH AVERAGE speed, food for thought, with no run off... said that if it was repaved he could go quicker, but he's against removing the character of the section...:angel
The mountain part is a very nice stretch, but it is all a real Road Racing course,
no quarter given, taken or expected.
A must do for any devout MC fan.
Hope that helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.