Shorter with Leather pants on?? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shorter with Leather pants on??

Registered User hondacbr26 is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2003 cbr 600rr
    Oh the pant fits well when i am riding ( maybe the left knee is a little tight). I am really hoping i will break into them and be more confident riding in them. I bought the alpinestar apex track pants and the quality is amazing. Thank you for all the help.. and the gay comments...? I had a good laugh...? haha
    "Mind over Matter"

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

padawan Grendel is on a distinguished road Grendel's Avatar
    Bike
    '89 CB-1, '64 CT200, '08 CBR125R, '82 XR100, +5 project bikes...
    Hmm - the a* Apex have stretch panels in the crotch, so that shouldn't be a big consideration for the "short leg" effect. Is it possible you got them one size too small?

Anyways, to help them stretch out you can nourish the leather with Lexol (or similar) and then go hit the twisties / track so you're getting a lot of lower body movement. A few sessions of that and they should be your 2nd layer of skin - the expendable one!
    WMRC #858 Formula Classic + PCMRC #58 F. SuperSport; Intermediate
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli January 20, 1987 October 23, 2011
    R.I.P. Joey Dunlop February 25, 1952 - July 2, 2000

GSX R600 K9 vancitymike is on a distinguished road vancitymike's Avatar
    Bike
    Gixxer k9
    I find that with the A* Apex leathers you have to get them 3 sizes bigger to get completly rid of the mangina! Hahaha

In my experience in buying clothes and gear, this is what I've found. Anything made in China / Japan is 1x smaller. Anything made in Vietnam is 2-3 times smaller. Any thing made in Italy/US is true to size.
    Anything made in Pakistan/sriLanka is almost true to size but has sloppy lengths/cuts/stitching.

A* stars are made in Vietnam.
    Last edited by vancitymike; 03-14-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Fastronaut Danke is on a distinguished road Danke's Avatar
    Bike
    RC
    Where them around the house a lot. Watch TV in them, walk around etc. While you're doing this sit in typical riding positions.

Other people in the house will think you're nuts but it'll speed the break in and also let you adjus pads or straps if you can while you're not trying to ride at the same time.

Registered User hondacbr26 is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2003 cbr 600rr
    well i clearly should have asked you guys before buying them.. These are actually my second pair, the first pair(true size) did not fit at all... i couldn't even get in them. The new ones i have are one size up and i can get in them and zip it up. I didn't want to buy too big because that would defeat the whole purpose of protection... I will just wear them around my house and maybe to work too.
    "Mind over Matter"

GSX R600 K9 vancitymike is on a distinguished road vancitymike's Avatar
    Bike
    Gixxer k9
    Quote Originally Posted by hondacbr26 View Post
    well i clearly should have asked you guys before buying them.. These are actually my second pair, the first pair(true size) did not fit at all... i couldn't even get in them. The new ones i have are one size up and i can get in them and zip it up. I didn't want to buy too big because that would defeat the whole purpose of protection... I will just wear them around my house and maybe to work too.
    There you go they're still too small. You still got to get one size bigger. One size above true size is not enough.
    Last edited by vancitymike; 03-15-2012 at 06:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread