Say what you want about HD pirates....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Say what you want about HD pirates....

Registered User loopsryder is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2010 Ducati Monster 696

Say what you want about HD pirates....

.... but there sure are a lot of them on the roads while some of us Sportbike pussies are on their couches...

What's with people?? It was over 12 degrees here yesterday and I didn't see a single Sportbike on the road?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

I like traffic cones :S made Man is on a distinguished road made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    See the white fluffy stuff in the mountains? That's why.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

"im a wanker" -malamikigo

Bike
    2010 Ducati Monster 696
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    See the white fluffy stuff in the mountains? That's why.

This is B.C. Suck it up... If you're waiting for all the snow to leave the mountains you'll be waiting a while!

Your reply reminds me of a time at work when one of these homo Southerners had to drive the "dreaded" Coq... Everyone was crowded around the computer looking at the highway web cams oooing and aaahing about saying how the guy was going to have a terrible drive through the Coq because of ALL THE SNOW!!! They were looking at piles of snow in the ditches and the highway was completely CLEAR!!! No snow was even in the forcast!!

Different world here in Southern B.C.

Some of you guys do not have a clue....

Fuh-coffee we will go carbonfibrerocket is on a distinguished road carbonfibrerocket's Avatar
    Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    I took the bike out for the 1st time of the season yesterday. Not too far, just Ikea to Belcarra and back to Ikea. Visor open even.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Big shitty balls of shit, that's a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling

Beer League Racer/Asshole SnoDragon is on a distinguished road SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by loopsryder View Post
    This is B.C. Suck it up... If you're waiting for all the snow to leave the mountains you'll be waiting a while!

Some of you guys do not have a clue....
    He meant we were PLAYING in the mountain snow! You know, spring skiiing/snowboarding. Wow, some guys just don't have a clue!
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Formerly kanelupis CanaganD is on a distinguished road CanaganD's Avatar
    Bike
    K1300R
    Indeed. Infact, you guys have Sun Peaks. Which is pretty good too.

I was out for a short rip yesterday. Friggen cold even with multi layers on.....

I like traffic cones :S made Man is on a distinguished road made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Woosh is the sound the clue made as it went over your head
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

"im a wanker" -malamikigo

must have more bacon gxr jo is on a distinguished road gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    84 vf750 , 01 sv650 race bike , 06 gixxr thou race bike , 09 1198s , manigale
    there were a few bikes out in surrey on the weekend , and no i don't think they were stolen
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Bike
    2010 Ducati Monster 696
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    Woosh is the sound the clue made as it went over your head

Touche... However not everyone who rides a Sportbike skis, so skiing isn't the first thing they think of when snow is mentioned.......

Speaking as the devils advocate...I'm sure a few of these HD guys I see on the roads have a set of skiis in the garage...

West Koots, I'm here.... flyfishinwoman is on a distinguished road flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    Bike
    a few toys
    I was on my quad ripping up the farmers fields, does that count, lol ? Actually heard (didn't see) a HD on the local roads, first one of the season. The roads here have tons of gravel/sand on them, along with the salt solution, and some of the side roads are still snow covered. I envy the early season riders in the LM.
    Last edited by flyfishinwoman; 03-12-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

Administrator adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium's Avatar
    Bike
    I wish.
    Touche... However not everyone who rides a Sportbike skis, so skiing isn't the first thing they think of when snow is mentioned.......

Speaking as the devils advocate...I'm sure a few of these HD guys I see on the roads have a set of skiis in the garage...
    Actually it is the first thing somebody thinks of when somebody says 'there was snow in the mountains that's why people weren't riding around town'.

Because uhh.. the snow is in the mountains.
    BCSB- Administrator

Registered User ssblade is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    most wait for the street sweepers around here, low siding cuz you're antsy is lame. went for a dirt rip on my new 350, heading to emerg in a few to get the shoulder checked out. in fact when you consider that in the last 2 weeks i've been up to the hill 3 times, went sledding, and hit a mx track yesterday, the sport bikes in the garage can def wait til actual good weather is here and the roads are clear.

Bike
    2010 Ducati Monster 696
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade View Post
    most wait for the street sweepers around here, low siding cuz you're antsy is lame. went for a dirt rip on my new 350, heading to emerg in a few to get the shoulder checked out. in fact when you consider that in the last 2 weeks i've been up to the hill 3 times, went sledding, and hit a mx track yesterday, the sport bikes in the garage can def wait til actual good weather is here and the roads are clear.
    Yeah, I was actually debating between a moto ride and taking the Street bike out.Gravel and sand is still on the shoulders and intersections around here... just have to keep it in mind and be a bit more alert. Brainless cagers don't expect bikes on the roads right now so if you have to take the shoulder to avoid someone you could be in trouble.

Priorities....priorities.....

I'm OK with these First World problems.... could be a hell of a lot worse!

So I'm the only one on here that doesn't hear the words "snow in the mountains" and pop a boner for skiing.... tough crowd!
    Last edited by loopsryder; 03-12-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Lee RideFar elevation is on a distinguished road elevation's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja 1000
    I don't see the point on riding in cold weather on cold streets with cold tires. What am I trying to prove and who am I trying to prove this to?

I'll wait until the mountains are clear. Probably May. I won't miss out on much until then, never have.

The HD riders can have there slow cruises.

Bike
    2010 Ducati Monster 696
    Quote Originally Posted by elevation View Post
    I don't see the point on riding in cold weather on cold streets with cold tires. What am I trying to prove and who am I trying to prove this to?

I'll wait until the mountains are clear. Probably May. I won't miss out on much until then, never have.

The HD riders can have there slow cruises.

I guess the HD crowd could be trying to prove something... never really thought of that.... Kind of goes with the HD stereotype.

I just love to ride so making a few riding adjustments for road conditions isn't a big deal.... bonus is that riding a little more careful keeps the impound demons away...

+ Reply to Thread