Say what you want about HD pirates.... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Say what you want about HD pirates....

Registered User MerlotMax is on a distinguished road MerlotMax's Avatar
    Bike
    '01 Suzuki 1200 Bandit S
    Weather was supposed to be crap so made other plans. Yes, I did second guess my choice every time I was outside! But this was the first weekend in the last three weeks I did not get out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User tractor is an unknown quantity at this point
    Bike
    H1D, KH400, KLR650, replacing liter bike with???
    I took one of the old bikes out for a ride yesterday because, like HD riders, I am happy to just putsy around town and some country roads nearby on the old bikes. On a sportbike I dont enjoy putsying around which means longer trips and usually higher elevations, so I pull out the sportbike when conditions are more suitable to better road conditions out of the valley. I guess for the same reason that an aggresive skier or snowboarder does not go skiing just because the bunny hill has snow on it.
    I will say this though, a lot of HD riders really do use their bikes a lot , and you have to appreciate that even if you don't dig the bikes they ride.

Eyes set on the rubbarb kelaog is on a distinguished road kelaog's Avatar
    Bike
    Bike hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by loopsryder View Post
    This is B.C. Suck it up... If you're waiting for all the snow to leave the mountains you'll be waiting a while!

Your reply reminds me of a time at work when one of these homo Southerners had to drive the "dreaded" Coq... Everyone was crowded around the computer looking at the highway web cams oooing and aaahing about saying how the guy was going to have a terrible drive through the Coq because of ALL THE SNOW!!! They were looking at piles of snow in the ditches and the highway was completely CLEAR!!! No snow was even in the forcast!!

Different world here in Southern B.C.

Some of you guys do not have a clue....
    You're right. I'm a pussy. How about I go fucking roller blade in the sand and suntan in the snow?
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Police to impounds is like gay men to bum sex. It's going to happen... and the participants love it.

Fuh-coffee we will go carbonfibrerocket is on a distinguished road carbonfibrerocket's Avatar
    Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    Quote Originally Posted by elevation View Post
    I don't see the point on riding in cold weather on cold streets with cold tires. What am I trying to prove and who am I trying to prove this to?

I'll wait until the mountains are clear. Probably May. I won't miss out on much until then, never have.

The HD riders can have there slow cruises.
    This is all I did on the B-King yesterday. Slow and careful.

When I got home I thought to myself, why did I do that? Not much fun at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Big shitty balls of shit, that's a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling

Registered User ParkJunkie is on a distinguished road ParkJunkie's Avatar
    Bike
    old: 2002 Yamaha R6, new: '06 gsxr 750
    I was out riding yesterday AND I ski... riddle me that batman.
    4 posts, 1 ride, 1 crash. That's a good ratio right?
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thgear View Post
    If your passenger can feel you shift ..you suck .

Registered User Pee Wee is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    Big difference from putting around on a cruiser than riding a sport bike in anger.
    Yeah if I was on a potatoe potatoe bike I'd be doing 100 or 110 up the highway and enjoying it.
    But, if I was on a GSXR 1000 I'd be hating it.
    If you wanna be a posing douche riding around the city on yer RR, with 3 inch chicken strips, fill your boots, but don't JUDGE every rider who's home on the couch as a pussy.
    Being a hard core sport bike riders means knowing when to ride and when not to ride.

Winter isn't the time to push tires that operate at high temps. End of discussion.

must have more bacon gxr jo is on a distinguished road gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    84 vf750 , 01 sv650 race bike , 06 gixxr thou race bike , 09 1198s , manigale
    buck buck buck
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Registered User Squint is on a distinguished road Squint's Avatar
    Bike
    93 VFR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    Big difference from putting around on a cruiser than riding a sport bike in anger.
    Yeah if I was on a potatoe potatoe bike I'd be doing 100 or 110 up the highway and enjoying it.
    If you wanna be a posing douche riding around the city on yer RR, with 3 inch chicken strips, fill your boots, but don't JUDGE every rider who's home on the couch as a pussy.
    Being a hard core sport bike riders means knowing when to ride and when not to ride.

Winter isn't the time to push tires that operate at high temps. End of discussion.
    Wow. That's some vitriol.

Some of us see riding as more than scraping pegs in a corner. I often will ride home from work (all of 15 minutes) in december, or january, and think "man that was a great ride".

How about "the street isn't the time to push tires... period. End of discussion".

If i lived in Kamloops like some of you folks, I wouldn't ride in the winter either. Didn't we just go through this thread a few weeks ago?

Registered User X1S1 is on a distinguished road X1S1's Avatar
    Bike
    Buell 99X1, 97S1
    I ride rain or shine. as long as no snow or ice. Riding year round means tailoring your riding to the road conditions and washing your bike when you get home.

''Being a hard core sport bike riders means knowing when to ride and when not to ride."

hahahahaha NOOOO it means know HOW to ride and dress according to the road and weather.
    Allready put over 1000km on my bike this Month. Its either the Bike or paying waaaay too much for fuel in a truck...

So If I have a sport bike with a Harley Engine does that make me a sport bike Pirate??

Registered User lazamus is on a distinguished road lazamus's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 Yama FZ6
    One thing I have a clue about is the mullet ratio in Kamloops is insane...whats up with that?

Registered User X1S1 is on a distinguished road X1S1's Avatar
    Bike
    Buell 99X1, 97S1
    I hear it gets cold there and scarfs are expensive...therefore end result is the mullet, the infantullet and the shemullet

Eyes set on the rubbarb kelaog is on a distinguished road kelaog's Avatar
    Bike
    Bike hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    Wow. That's some vitriol.

Some of us see riding as more than scraping pegs in a corner. I often will ride home from work (all of 15 minutes) in december, or january, and think "man that was a great ride".

How about "the street isn't the time to push tires... period. End of discussion".

If i lived in Kamloops like some of you folks, I wouldn't ride in the winter either. Didn't we just go through this thread a few weeks ago?
    Then why did you buy a supersport? Because you liked the colorscheme?
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Police to impounds is like gay men to bum sex. It's going to happen... and the participants love it.

Quote Originally Posted by X1S1 View Post
    I ride rain or shine. as long as no snow or ice. Riding year round means tailoring your riding to the road conditions and washing your bike when you get home.

''Being a hard core sport bike riders means knowing when to ride and when not to ride."

hahahahaha NOOOO it means know HOW to ride and dress according to the road and weather.
    Allready put over 1000km on my bike this Month. Its either the Bike or paying waaaay too much for fuel in a truck...

So If I have a sport bike with a Harley Engine does that make me a sport bike Pirate??
    Putting around in the rain isn't what a sport bike was designed for. Is it doable? Sure. Is it fun? Nope. I used to be a winter hero. The fad wore off. I'd rather go riding at 7am in-season when nobody is on the road than putting around at noon on a shitty day.

Also, I won't say anything about HD Pirates, but I'll just leave this here.

Canucks 201...uh...2013? TripleTime is on a distinguished road TripleTime's Avatar
    Bike
    02 Triumph Sprint RS v2.1, 03 CRF230F, 1950 Vincent
    Quote Originally Posted by lazamus View Post
    One thing I have a clue about is the mullet ratio in Kamloops is insane...whats up with that?
    You talkin' men or women?
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    what drivel did i post?

Registered User loopsryder is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2010 Ducati Monster 696
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post

You're kind of a sensitive little gaffer, eh?

Sorry...don't have an RR with chicken strips and am happy to say my last set of tires were worn pretty evenly. In fact my pegs even have a couple scratches to be honest. I've done the whole speeding/dangerous driving/ lose your licence thing back in the day....walked for 2 1/2 years because of it... not that appealing anymore.

If you feel the need to "push" your tires every ride I really don't think you are enjoying the full riding experience... I kind of enjoy getting out in the fresh cool air after being cooped up all winter. Don't worry.... I'll be laying it into a few corners when the roads dictate it....

+ Reply to Thread