Say what you want about HD pirates.... - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Say what you want about HD pirates....

I like traffic cones :S made Man is on a distinguished road made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by vstromgreg View Post
    actually...yeah... a lot more worn out now, but still very functional

Attachment 97241
    dude... ya might want to either get on your meds or get off of them.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

"im a wanker" -malamikigo

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Steve G. is on a distinguished road Steve G.'s Avatar
    Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    "Warren on his R1200GS?" Hmmm, I may have crossed paths with him Sunday afternoon en route to the Lions Gate Bridge. Full metal panniers and RevIt jacket?

I need to scramble my GS1200, barn door windscreen, heated frickin' everything. Laverda alternator isn't too agressive these days.

Registered User tractor is an unknown quantity at this point
    Bike
    H1D, KH400, KLR650, replacing liter bike with???
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    Well it started off as a Harley topic, so a car tire fits in fine on this thread. It kind of looks like a trailwing tread.

Registered User swampdonkey25 is on a distinguished road swampdonkey25's Avatar
    Bike
    92 gsxr750w/ 06 honda 919
    Quote Originally Posted by loopsryder View Post
    Duc....Duc....Duc....

......Goose!!!!

Only thing I see on the roads are HD's and Ducatis...lol!

.......and to avoid the usual sterotypical responses..... my bike has never been at a Starbucks... and apperantly gets a lot more miles on it than quite a few Jap bikes!
    Ill meet u at north hills mall, ill even buy u a coffee at the bucks to break u into the habit

Chronic PRSmechanic is on a distinguished road PRSmechanic's Avatar
    Bike
    2011 VStrom 650, 1983 KZ750, 2006 WR450, and any racebike I can get my hands on!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vstromgreg View Post
    actually...yeah... a lot more worn out now, but still very functional

Attachment 97241
    Look at the chicken strips
    chicken strips are a sign of intelligence
    unless you're at the track ;)

https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPag...FD&Member=2483
    http://daytonaparty.shawwebspace.ca/
    DO IT!

Registered User Pee Wee is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    I love how they fail to justifiy it. Apparently changing directions quickly isn't a factor. Don't feel like this is some attack on Greg, it's not. I've have two or three ding dongs with Valkries and Goldwings do this too. One has had it unbead and ate it hard, none too smart. None of these people were too smart (not doctors or accountants), just cheap asses. The only single justification for doing this is money, cheap ass riders trying to save a buck cause they don't have the budget to ride. Got plenty of money for beer and weed though. BTW, the Valkrie rider who came into SG to have this car tire mounted, was high as fuck and reeked of pot. We sent the tool packing.

Just cause you saw it on youtube or advrider.com, doesn' make it right. Go follow the rest of the lemmings off the cliff and shut it.

Ridin Dirty vstromgreg is on a distinguished road vstromgreg's Avatar
    Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    with an Avatar like yours Max, you should not poke fun at the DarkSide.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Ridin Dirty vstromgreg is on a distinguished road vstromgreg's Avatar
    Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    . The only single justification for doing this is money, cheap ass riders trying to save a buck cause they don't have the budget to ride.
    I do not disagree, I admit, I prefer to buy one tire every 40,000 KM's or 12 months for 119 bucks, than a Trailwing every 3 months or 10,000Km's for over 200.
    it's saved me enough for a Suspension overhaul......
    most eveything else in your post was resentfull crap... but hey, that's your thing....

and as for all the crap about it not working, changing directions etc... I keep up just fine, and cornering is not a concern.
    I would not recommend it for the "only on dry roads" Rossi wannabe's like yourself though... it will clash with your kneepucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

backslider K-rod is on a distinguished road K-rod's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 K1200S
    I heard some people will use Saran Wrap as a condom, as well.

Registered User ssblade is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    have to agree with peewee on this one, car tires are for cars. we have a guy on a bergman who uses a car tire, cheap as shit is the only reason. i wouldn't ever put 4 round tires on a vehicle so why put a square profile tire on a bike?

Eschew obfuscation Mollygrubber is on a distinguished road Mollygrubber's Avatar
    Shorter of breath, one day closer to death.
    Bike
    2010 BMW F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by loopsryder View Post
    I'm just messing with you guys by calling you pussies! (kinda)

Yeah, it was nipply when the IAT sensor on my bike showed 8 degrees. The reward of riding outweighed frosty fingers... for me anyways.

Gosh, how did you survive?!?

must have more bacon gxr jo is on a distinguished road gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    84 vf750 , 01 sv650 race bike , 06 gixxr thou race bike , 09 1198s , manigale
    for those who wear the top of their tires , why not ? its their bike
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Registered User ssblade is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by gxr jo View Post
    for those who wear the top of their tires , why not ? its their bike

it may be their bike, but they're riding on public roads. this is the kind of shit that makes annual vehicle inspections one step closer for this province. btw if he did ever get a vi he wouldn't pass at any facility using a car tire.

I like traffic cones :S made Man is on a distinguished road made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by K-rod View Post
    I heard some people will use Saran Wrap as a condom, as well.
    That's how people who buy car tires for motorcycles are made, haha

Wonder if he also uses car oil in the engine as well.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

"im a wanker" -malamikigo

Registered User bandito is on a distinguished road bandito's Avatar
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    I like VstromGreg, but I do not like Vstroms - or car tires on motorcycles.

It is no coincidence that the video posted up is a Vstrom with a car tire.... the bike does attract far more than it's share of wanks.

If you see a vstrom, there is a 80% chance the rider is a total gomer. Actually, I restate that... it's more like 90%.

There is a loss of performance, there is NO doubt about that. It's undeniable, unrefutable and blatantly obvious, starting at tire compound and stiffness and ending at profile.

The vstrom is a very capable backroad assualt weapon... if it's suspension is upgraded and it's rider is skilled. It's bar leverage makes it simple to ride quickly in tight technical twisty backroads.

It will NOT ride like that on a car tire. The contact patch of the tire is NOT even on the same plane as it would be with a bike tire... nevermind the tire wasn't designed from an engineering standpoint to flush water away from outer 1/8th of the tire if it "was" leaned over on a motorcycle.

The biggest achievement in motorcycles over the past very long time has been tires. Flying in the face of all that technology by putting a car tire on your bike is beyond me. You can get cruiser tires you know Greg.. that will turn in better, have decent side traction.. and last you very good.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

+ Reply to Thread