Do You Have School-Age Kids?

Thread: Do You Have School-Age Kids?

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Kits Beach
    2002 CBR1100XX

Do You Have School-Age Kids?

This is a free educational site which is excellent for math, science, geometry, etc. All grades. Math stumps a lot of students and often requires visual hands on instruction with a great deal of practice. Once your son or daughter gets into grade 10 math it gets quite challenging. Perhaps this might help. It's an American site and touted by Bill Gates. Supported by the Gates Foundation. Many of my ex-colleagues use it. It's not a five minute exploration.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    השטן שב
    Let's just get this out of the way:

Khan is a great resource. In related news, M.I.T is also trying out a free online course, should grade 10 maths prove unchallenging
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Formerly kanelupis Array CanaganD's Avatar
    Best scene ever.

East Van
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    Khan academy is definitely on to something, there are classes in Texas I think trying his material to very positive results. His TED talk is great.

My daughter started using a number line to do simple addition at 4 years old after watching his videos.

Registered User Array 4wheelsLESS's Avatar
    The Moment
    Only U see my ride
    This is a good video is a good site to get worksheets for practice for primary grades in math, spelling, reading, & comprehension. There are some good materials from preschoolers to grade 5. is a good online practice. They have their practice based on grade levels but don't believe the grade level too much as they've made the questions easier for that grade, so some kids don't get discouraged too easily.

There are bunch of other good sites we used in the past but can't remember, so others might want to chime in?

K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Khan Academy?? what? there is no William Shatner School???
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Insert User Title Here. Array TripleTime's Avatar
    Spinning right round baby right round.
    Quote Originally Posted by vstromgreg View Post
    khan academy?? What? There is no william shatner school???
    denny crane!!!!

2014 Ninja 300
    I stopped reading when it listed something in Lbs.

There is only what? 3 countries left in the world that uses the imperial system (and two of them are communist?).

I'm half kidding, but there is a lot of information there.

^ Makes my point