WTF $4k helmet? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WTF $4k helmet?

must have more bacon gxr jo is on a distinguished road gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    84 vf750 , 01 sv650 race bike , 06 gixxr thou race bike , 09 1198s , manigale
    kaos makes " legal beanies" and one line of carbon composite helmets hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

didn't say carbon fiber anywhere
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Pee Wee is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mickm View Post
    Go to the Full Bore site.

I've never heard of the brand, Kaos. The helmet catalog is showing the KAOS Ether Carbon Street Helmet for $299.99.

I'm wondering if it's the same company as MET Kaos. They're and Italian company that makes bicycle helmets though.
    Yeah that's the one. Track day approved rating as well.

100% Asshole SpookyjacK is on a distinguished road SpookyjacK's Avatar
    Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by mickm View Post
    Go to the Full Bore site.

I've never heard of the brand, Kaos. The helmet catalog is showing the KAOS Ether Carbon Street Helmet for $299.99.

I'm wondering if it's the same company as MET Kaos. They're and Italian company that makes bicycle helmets though.
    Thank you...
    I am more than a mathematical equation, I am more than a chemical combination...

Wait for me, I'm SLOW Ape Man 2007 is on a distinguished road Ape Man 2007's Avatar
    Bike
    They're all "Made in China"
    +1 on that. Carbon Fiber helmet is light. The newer once must be really light. Mind you I got the first generation (I think) that HJC made.

Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    $10 head, $10 helmet. I've got a carbon fiber helmet coming in April. $300 and comes with both clear and tinted visors. Feels like a ball cap on.
    F**k STARBUCKS !!!! ..... I'm posing in front of Tim Hortons.

Life's to SHORT, don't WASTE it.

Recycle - SAVE the Planet !

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape Man 2007 View Post
    +1 on that. Carbon Fiber helmet is light. The newer once must be really light. Mind you I got the first generation (I think) that HJC made.
    I almost bought the HJC one, didn't fit me well and wasn't that light to be honest. This one, I kid you not, feel like a ball cap on. With all my broken parts, bad neck etc, this will be nice.

Hates drama... mickm is on a distinguished road mickm's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Honda CBR 600rr
    I almost bought the HJC one, didn't fit me well and wasn't that light to be honest. This one, I kid you not, feel like a ball cap on. With all my broken parts, bad neck etc, this will be nice.
    Once you get it and get a few kms on it, post up a quick review.
    '07+ CBR parts for sale. Lots of OEM items (some brand new still wrapped), check them out here and send me a PM if you're interested.

Registered User kivyee is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    05 Sv650s
    I got the JR Rkt101 in carbon fiber, it's definitely noticeably lighter than my shoei Z-2. Pretty comfortable so far but haven't gone on long rides with it yet.

GSX R600 K9 vancitymike is on a distinguished road vancitymike's Avatar
    Bike
    Gixxer k9
    Yeah that's the one. Track day approved rating as well.
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

Tried on the helmet today. Wow, is it ever light. After hauling the X11 into the store when I went to pick up the Kaos, it felt light like picking up a piece of paper.

The helmet that was as a sample was a large. The interior is plush. It the same soft material they use in the GP Tech but not as much attention to detail like AGV helmets.

The visor seemed small but surprisingly field of view was not bad. I'm under the impression that it comes only with a dark visor but I'm not sure.

Pee Wee's description is bang on - "Fits like a ball cap". It's that comfortable.

The only concern for me would be that I would want to try out a medium size for a snug fit. I found the large to be too loose on me. (I'm in between a med and a large Shoei.)

Bottom line, 300$ for a helmet that fits like a ball cap is not a bad deal.

But I saw that it was not DOT or SNEL and just ECE aproved.
    Is just ECE helmets acceptable for track?

Last edited by vancitymike; 05-11-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Registered User Bansal is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    Still working on it...
    Who is carrying these locally? Sore neck from a couple incidents, would definitely like to try on a lighter helmet as riding time comes closer.

Hates drama... mickm is on a distinguished road mickm's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Honda CBR 600rr
    Quote Originally Posted by vancitymike View Post

But I saw that it was not DOT or SNEL and just ECE aproved.
    Is just ECE helmets acceptable for track?
    Maybe?? Here is the requirement for Mission Track Days:
    A D.O.T. approved full face helmet, Snell 2005 or European
    equivalent preferred, in good condition
    '07+ CBR parts for sale. Lots of OEM items (some brand new still wrapped), check them out here and send me a PM if you're interested.

Bike
    I picked up mine Thursday night, man on man.....so nice. It comes with both lenses, go back and get the clear, it's in the box with the bag. It's apporoved for use in BC and on tracks. I brought 7 into the shop, 2 left now....just had to place and order for more. I have people hold their aria of shoie, then in the other hand hold the Kaos.....their eyes light up. "Holy this is light" and it's sold.

Car Magnet. HasJuice is on a distinguished road HasJuice's Avatar
    Bike
    2010 Z1000
    Arai, you're doing it wrong.
    To those who got mad at me for not waving: Welcome to 3rd grade.

Bike
    Gixxer k9
    I picked up mine Thursday night, man on man.....so nice. It comes with both lenses, go back and get the clear, it's in the box with the bag. It's apporoved for use in BC and on tracks. I brought 7 into the shop, 2 left now....just had to place and order for more. I have people hold their aria of shoie, then in the other hand hold the Kaos.....their eyes light up. "Holy this is light" and it's sold.
    Yeah Steve told me you guys bought 5 of them for personal use! You're not kidding when you say it's light. Did you get a chance to ride with it? Im curious to see if there's any funny wind noises or whistling on the highway.

@ Bansal... You wont feel this helmet on your head. Its freaky!

@mickm- Thanks, I wasnt sure about that i thought all tracks required snell 2010+. Cheers!

Registered User Bansal is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    Still working on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by vancitymike View Post
    @ Bansal... You wont feel this helmet on your head. Its freaky!
    That would be awesome, but I'm still wondering if anyone locally is carrying them, or will be?

Bike
    Gixxer k9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bansal View Post
    That would be awesome, but I'm still wondering if anyone locally is carrying them, or will be?
    Out of what I understand this helmet should be going to be at a lot of of bikeshops. I'm not sure who's going to carry it. This recent pic of me wearing that helmet was at a shop in Vancouver. I just happened to be there when the Kaos sales rep went to visit them. Call ur local shop

+ Reply to Thread