Backpack, Tank, Tail or Side? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Backpack, Tank, Tail or Side?

Registered User Vern is on a distinguished road Vern's Avatar
    Bike
    2009 gs500f
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskford View Post
    So the question now becomes, what kind of dick parent doesn't bother to turn the car around and attempt to return the helmet upon realizing their sticky-fingered kid had blagged it at Starbs?

Thats a good lesson to be aware of.. after all, avoiding going to starbucks is just downright unrealistic.
    Probably the dick parent telling the kid to go grab the helmet. I have seen parents using kids to steal. It is rare but happens. I was at one store where a parent had a kid sitting on his shoulders, handed the kid some stuff and ran for the door. No-one wanted to chase the guy as he would probably end up falling and the kid would off been injured. Well one guy started too chase but everyone else yelled at him to not chase him..

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User gc1226 is on a distinguished road gc1226's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Honda GROM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Probably the dick parent telling the kid to go grab the helmet. I have seen parents using kids to steal. It is rare but happens. I was at one store where a parent had a kid sitting on his shoulders, handed the kid some stuff and ran for the door. No-one wanted to chase the guy as he would probably end up falling and the kid would off been injured. Well one guy started too chase but everyone else yelled at him to not chase him..
    last i remembered...kids under age 12 who steals or sell drugs only gets a backseat ride home...nothing else..

anyways, back to the thread at hand....yes, i'd go for hard lockable bags...top or side is your choice.

Registered User Vern is on a distinguished road Vern's Avatar
    Bike
    2009 gs500f
    If you don't need a ton of storage a single top case can hold a helmet or 2 depending on the size you get. You can always install side bags later if you need more room. The Givi ones are very easy to remove and install when needed. They do have a warning to not exceed 120km/h. Not sure what will happen if you do, I have not tested it myself.

Registered User Saskford is on a distinguished road Saskford's Avatar
    Bike
    2009 Kawasaki ER6n
    Well after some deliberation, decided to go for an Ogio tail bag. Large enough to throw in lunch, pair of shoes, water bottle, and starbucks gift card... without being too bulky. Seems good so far, kept my stuff dry when I got caught out by the rain the other day.

http://ogio.ca/moto/street-bike/tail-bag

Moderator Mighty Kentor is on a distinguished road Mighty Kentor's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 DL1000 V-Strom
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    Super convenient, waterproof, simple access, push button removal, top-case FTW:

This.

Once you get hard luggage that works as well as Givi, it's hard to go back to backpacks and soft luggage.
    Reformatted to fit your screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    This bag is on my list to get:

http://ogio.ca/moto/no-drag
    How do the Ogio saddlebags connect to the bike? I'm also looking for something passenger friendly.

Registered User MerlotMax is on a distinguished road MerlotMax's Avatar
    Bike
    '01 Suzuki 1200 Bandit S
    This is what I ended up with, for now. Saddle and tail bags are Firstgear Laguna and a Firstgear Monza tank bag. The saddle bags bungees around the rear pegs and a bungee from bag to bag around the rear fender.
    Last edited by MerlotMax; 04-13-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki ER6n
    Name:  Bag1.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  148.7 KBName:  Bag2.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  148.4 KB

Bag attaches via 4 straps (2 front, 2 rear). I have my front straps looped around the frame, and the rear straps looped around cargo hooks below my seat. The straps are designed to go around frame, hooks, or under the seat, depending on what your bike is like.

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki ER6n
    The front straps seem to loosen up ever so slightly, probably from where my butt/bottom of jacket move it around.. the straps at the back keep it locked down secure. This particular bag also has a rain cover that flips out which seemed to work well the other day when I rode home from work in a downpour. It's also compatible with the Ogio sport sidebags, whose straps go through the bottom part of this tail bag to keep everything locked together. I don't own the sidebags so it is difficult to show, but the guy at Holeshot showed me, and it seems to work.

Registered User Francis is on a distinguished road Francis's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja 250r
    Quote Originally Posted by vstromgreg View Post
    You drive a Kawi get something you can fill with tools....
    He ain't fucking joking lol.

I've had my shifter break down on me twice.
    rebecca black > bcaa

Registered User pika is on a distinguished road pika's Avatar
    Bike
    unicycle
    One thing I've noticed is that you always want more storage than you have, no matter how little you think you need in the beginning. In this CASE, more is better

Unregistered User gwilo is on a distinguished road gwilo's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 Warrior 1700, 2009 Aprilia Mana 850
    ^

Did not George Carlin have a whole skit on that subject
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuff View Post

I was going to write something but I couldn't care less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Islesfan91 View Post

what was the topic again?

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki ER6n
    Did not George Carlin have a whole skit on that subject

+ Reply to Thread