BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Help patching up some bodywork - FRONT FAIRING (2000 GSXR-600)

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  SpookyjacK 
#1 ·
Hey guys. My original fairings were showing a lot of age so I took the plunge on some of the chinese made after market fairings. They are dirt cheap it was like 250 for the full set.

However, WARNING, they are made like crap. The two main issues are:

1. the fitting is less than ideal, you have to twist and torque the plastics alot to align them. Basically once you get them on you're going to hope you won't have to take them off often.

2. the screw posts aren't moulded in, they are super cheaply foam-blasted onto the plastic. (Pics to show this). They will hold a screw but will break off EASY! Hence my problem.

---------------------------

So because the fitting was so bad, I guess the front fairing was relatively tight in certain spots and today one of the posts that holds the console snapped off. I think i must have gone over a bump or something.

I've attached a pic of what happened.I just rebuilt my forks so I don't see the need to take off the front fairing anytime soon I just need it stabilized so it doesn't click and bounce when I ride. I'm thinking of glue-gunning all around the post. Or getting in there with some super glue and just hardening around it without taking it off. I need a glue that is gonna be rock hard and not snap. Any recommendations?

Alternatively, if I were to take the front fairing off I could fibreglass around the posts to reconnect them and reinforce. But that's a big job... if I did it, it better work and be bulletproof...What do you guys think is the best/easiest fix for this? Please see the pics.

Gauge Speedometer Tachometer Measuring instrument Auto part
Wood Floor

See less See more
#2 ·
You could build up an area with epoxy, drill it, then thread it and had a new screw hole. Only problem is that epoxy can be pretty brittle and might snap if the fairings are flexing. Or, you could jb weld some plastic there and do the same, that might work better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.