Why are there so many bad drivers in vancouver? - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Why are there so many bad drivers in vancouver?

Registered User bandito is on a distinguished road bandito's Avatar
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cans View Post
    I didn't know what rhd would be like either. Until I drove one. Maybe because there is a bunch of stuff you can see that you can't compared to lhd. But it was really easy but you need be able to use mirrors effortlessly. Some people can't drive using side and rear mirrors so they probably should stay away. Also, shifting with left is different. For those who like riding motorcycles, I would think it'd be pretty fun. But for some, not.
    There is a reason the driver sits on the left side of a car driven on the right side of the road. It's not for aesthetics, it's not because we like to use our right hands to hold coffee... it's purely for safety purposes.

RHD cars being operated on the incorrect side of traffic flow are at an increased risk of crashes... and as a motorcyclist, (if you are one), then you should be concerned.

No amount of mirrors or familiarity with the vehicle makes it any safer.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Ridin Dirty vstromgreg is on a distinguished road vstromgreg's Avatar
    Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cans View Post
    Who said it was problem? Nothing to do with me if you can't drive rhd.
    I can drive pretty much anything, my point is, if you are so unskilled you cannot tell you have no proper sightlines from a RHD car in a LHD world, then you are one of the drivers we are talking about....

Case in point, making a Left hand turn from the designated lane.... if there is a car in the Left turn lane of oncoming traffic, you might as well be blindfolded, same for wanting to see oncoming traffic before passing on a two lane Hwy.......

IMO you should not even be allowed to register a RHD vehicle in Canada, unless it is a collector...even then I am iffy...

BTW I have driven RHD vehicles in countries that do that, motorcycles also in fact.... for the record, Motorcycles were worse... being in a RHD car is a constant reminder of where you are supposed to be.... on a bike out in the countryside...sometimes old habits can kick in...
    Last edited by vstromgreg; 03-21-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Ridin Dirty vstromgreg is on a distinguished road vstromgreg's Avatar
    Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    RHD cars being operated on the incorrect side of traffic flow are at an increased risk of crashes... and as a motorcyclist, (if you are one), then you should be concerned.

Exactly...^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Registered User scotchtape is on a distinguished road scotchtape's Avatar
    Bike
    '06 GSX-R 600
    I guess the post office is gonna need some new trucks then...

Registered User 2cans is on a distinguished road 2cans's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    Quote Originally Posted by vstromgreg View Post
    Exactly...^^^^
    Well, I don't actually like the fact others are driving around rhd but I found it to be not a problem, at all. I was surprised at that. Maybe ya tried, maybe ya haven't. It's kinda fun. But whatever...

i <3 my gixxer 97montego is on a distinguished road 97montego's Avatar
    Bike
    gixxer 750
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    ... it's purely for safety purposes.

It appears the Bandito is correct.

http://www.icbc.com/road-safety/safe...hand-drive.pdf

Registered User Infuria is on a distinguished road Infuria's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Ninja 300

Case in point, making a Left hand turn from the designated lane.... if there is a car in the Left turn lane of oncoming traffic, you might as well be blindfolded, same for wanting to see oncoming traffic before passing on a two lane Hwy.......
    Thats a much clearer picture of what i was sayin, Thanks Vstromgreg

The results of the all three analyses in terms of relative risk for crash involvement
    associated with RHD vehicles were very similar. From the relative crash culpability
    risk analysis, the RHD vehicles had a 44% increased risk, compared to LHD vehicles,
    of crashing over a 4-year period (the average time from first policy date to data
    extraction)
    44% INCREASE.... yeah... that's safe... lol

Bike
    bah
    Exactly...^^^^
    Hey, aren't you the guy running a rear car tire? I won't make any disparaging comments about your riding abililty but some might think that's not quite appropriate for the road either. But hey, if you can handle it, I'm sure you are able to make that decision for yourself. I would think you would require adjustment to riding style and know the limits. rhd in a car is really not much diff, in that way. Again, I do not support legalized rhd cars on the road nor car tires on bikes. But I know one, at least, is kinda fun....

Bike
    bah
    oh shit, there goes that Bandito fucker again messing with my world... Safety shmayfty....

I like traffic cones :S made Man is on a distinguished road made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by Infuria View Post
    Thats a much clearer picture of what i was sayin, Thanks Vstromgreg

44% INCREASE.... yeah... that's safe... lol
    maybe due to what kind of cars they are and what kind of ... demographic drives them?
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

"im a wanker" -malamikigo

Registered User scotchtape is on a distinguished road scotchtape's Avatar
    Bike
    '06 GSX-R 600
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    maybe due to what kind of cars they are and what kind of ... demographic drives them?
    I was going to post that!
    I wonder what % are skylines...

Token Angry Asian mr.ping is on a distinguished road mr.ping's Avatar
    Bike
    Fireblade Starbucks Poser Edition - Hornet Actual.
    RHD = Wanna be Cool Kids ... I really fail to see why anyone would buy one other than trying to be "unique" however people who drives RHD Skyline are bout the most UN unique people i've ever met. They are mostly young male (more white than asian to my amaze) who likes HIP HOP and have poster of Paul Walker and Vin Diesel in their room. Funny thing is i been to one of their "Skyline" meets...everyone dress the same, talk the same....and all proud of their 20 years old left over junk from Japan with wrong parts on them.( since they can't be fully service due to lack of parts..they are all slap togather with Altima , Maxima , 240sx parts) ...
    "BTW, How do you say "In the name of Bhudda, get the fuck out of the left lane" in Mandarin and Cantonese? "- OneTrack

Bike
    and YES ...i have driven them for weeks before. Nothing spectacular about them at all...
    "BTW, How do you say "In the name of Bhudda, get the fuck out of the left lane" in Mandarin and Cantonese? "- OneTrack

Bike
    bah
    I beleive they are relatively tunable to 400hp+ (stock 325), lots of aftermarket support, can be had for less than new econobox, handle very well, and rwd or awd. All in all, hard to do at price. And yeah, prob higher % sliding off road and sideswiping.

Bike
    2can...yep you speak like a true Skyline owner...Stock Skyline 325hp is as realistic as I am saying my 370z has 350hp stock....try 280 or lower for R32..and 300 or lower for R33 ( mind you the car is now 20 years old and has a million miles...that 280 stock horse is now down to 270..)

And anyone one can TURBO a car...if i turbo my Z i can product 450+...if you put a supercharger on a mustang you can have 500+. Skyline is not the only turnable car with aftermarket support. I stand by my statment of Skyline owner = wannabes

+ Reply to Thread