Why are there so many bad drivers in vancouver? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are there so many bad drivers in vancouver?

Token Angry Asian mr.ping is on a distinguished road mr.ping's Avatar
    Bike
    Fireblade Starbucks Poser Edition - Hornet Actual.
    Approved training...harder licensing ..none will stop Chinese from buying their license. It's the TESTING process that needs to be change. Instead of a person telling you to turn left/ right or lane change. It should be a destination based test...that way they can judge how the testee will react in REAL life situation. For instant ..drive from Burnaby ICBC testing center to Richmond ICBC center...they can use a gps..but the instructor should just be observing.

Ofcourse madatory class would be good to improve skill...but the problem with these CHINESE ..is NOT SKILL..is how selfish they are when they are on the road.
    "BTW, How do you say "In the name of Bhudda, get the fuck out of the left lane" in Mandarin and Cantonese? "- OneTrack

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    AND FUCK THE WHOLE WRITTEN TEST IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGE SHIT !!...seriously if you can't speak or read English..that means you can't follow any instructions. Would they be able to understand an ample LED work sign that say " Construction - loose gravel please proceed with caution" ? To the Chinese they would proably think it says "SPEED UP AND KILL MOTORCYCLIST INFRONT"
    "BTW, How do you say "In the name of Bhudda, get the fuck out of the left lane" in Mandarin and Cantonese? "- OneTrack

Bike
    TICKETS should be hand out to those who has high beam on in city as well.

Bike
    You forget the infamous RICHMOND LEFT !!! where you turn left from the right lane. !! (saw one in Richmond yesterday almost killed a pedestrian too)

Happiness is the corner Land Roving is on a distinguished road Land Roving's Avatar
    Bike
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    Why does Vancouver represent stagnant, rancid, sinking cesspool of the driving gene? Simple... ICBC and the OSMV. What do you expect to happen when a ridiculously small number of people in just a few different administrations determine everything from driver training to licensing standards to insurance premiums to speed limits to law enforcement? Exactly what we have here: absurdly low speed limits, completely illogical traffic patterns, ridiculous regs and rules (seriously, why does the operator of what equates to 4,000 pounds worth of complex machine hurtling down the road have to watch for the noiseless, small, and slow-moving pedestrians... wouldn't it make sense the other way around?), traffic enforcement that genuinely believes that speed enforcement isn't akin to attempting to staunch the arterial flow of fecal driving with dental floss, and a dirth of drivers with terrible habits that took root during their tenure at Gai Lo Driving Academy. If driving patterns, rules, and habits aren't dictated by a removed and uninterested third party, you'll never get good drivers on the road. You'll just get what we have here: drivers that serve little purpose beyond lining pockets and providing our state-run insurance company with a very compelling reason for it's existence to continue.
    Last edited by Land Roving; 03-16-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Unregistered User gwilo is on a distinguished road gwilo's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 Warrior 1700, 2009 Aprilia Mana 850
    Quote Originally Posted by vancitymike View Post
    No where in North America have i see flashing green lights for pedestrians. The flashing green lights in Quebec is priority to turn left.

Toronto has CLEAR views of pedestrian crossings with lights and bells.

Seriously, having to turn left on a yellow light is ridiculous, and illegal in other cities.
    I am from Montreal, and have spent time in Toronto, Ottawa & Quebec City.

You are correct about the Flashing Green lights and turning on a yellow (Left or Right) you get a ticket.

When I moved to BC with over 20 years of driving, I could not believe what I saw here.

And hearing ICBC commercials about turning left on a yellow.

Hell if you can not clear the intersection you do not enter it. So entering the intersection and stopping on a green light to wait to turn left on the yellow would mean a nice ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuff View Post

I was going to write something but I couldn't care less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Islesfan91 View Post

what was the topic again?

Registered User Steve G. is on a distinguished road Steve G.'s Avatar
    Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.ping View Post
    Red Light camera is a just money grab...the real solution to end this whole issue is harder licencing ..and seriously..enough with the secrect "we don't want to offend people " anti-racism bullshit....time for ICBC to release the data of accident rate of fresh immigrants vs real Canadians...
    Normally I would totally agree with you. But, it's been at least 25 years now that the public, and government have basically made "driving/vehicle operating" a right rather than a priviledge. With this mindset now well intrenched in society, there is no hope of turning the screws harder on tougher testing.

With that said,,,,,as a motorcyclist,,,,knowing full well that the city intersection is by far the most dangerous place for a motorcycle to travel through, I'm 100% in favour of red light cameras. They should be at EVERY intersection in urban areas.

Steve

countdown to next crash.. Islesfan91 is on a distinguished road Islesfan91's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 ninja 650
    TICKETS should be hand out to those who has high beam on in city as well.
    this should probably be copied and continued in the thread about riding with the high beams on...lol

Registered User Infuria is on a distinguished road Infuria's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Ninja 300
    and don't get me started on stupid chinese and their HIGH BEAM at night...

just absolutly F-ing stupid...
    Well, it's not just asians (i see south asians, and old people) who drive with their high beams on @ night. But it seriously has gotten worse. I have a solution for that...

If you can't see at night without the use of high beams... get the f*** off the road.

AND FUCK THE WHOLE WRITTEN TEST IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGE SHIT !!...seriously if you can't speak or read English..that means you can't follow any instructions. Would they be able to understand an ample LED work sign that say " Construction - loose gravel please proceed with caution" ? To the Chinese they would proably think it says "SPEED UP AND KILL MOTORCYCLIST INFRONT"
    In the US this would not happen. Adapt, or die. They should only offer the test in English or French. the only two languages that are official in Canada.

Hell, i had contemplated installing a dash-cam to just record the crazy shit I see every...single...day and create a youtube channel dedicated to "the bads of the lower mainland"

But seriously, you guys are preaching to the choir on this topic. But here is my list of drivers that annoy me:

1. People who race up the straights on highways and then, as soon as they are a corner, slow down to 20 below the speed limit
    1. a. When people do this in the fast lane.
    2. When people drive 20 - 30 below the speed limit. In the lane. In (or out of) rush hour.
    3. High Beams. Nuff said.
    4. People in general who drive higher end cars, who cannot drive (instead of spending all the money on pretty cars, take some (real) driving lessons
    5. People who cannot follow basic rules of the road: Turning into the correct lane, staying in your lane, etc.
    6. People with no patience. You're seriously going to risk killing yourself / a family / other people in general to try and save yourself 3 seconds to 2 minutes?

medicated 4 ur protection syncro is on a distinguished road syncro's Avatar
    beyond the realm of the here and now in the what is and formerly what was
    Bike
    RC51 & Shadow ACE
    ime the people who bitch the most about bad drivers/driving usually tend to be amongst the worst drivers themselves.

carry on.
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Registered User bandito is on a distinguished road bandito's Avatar
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    ime the people who bitch the most about bad drivers/driving usually tend to be amongst the worst drivers themselves.

carry on.
    1. Nobody thinks they are "the" shitty driver.
    2. Motorcyclists think they are the superior operators on the road.

It's like this everywhere, not just Vancouver.

When good weather comes around, the car drivers need to look out for a plethora of dickheads riding around on motorcycles.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Registered User OneTrack is on a distinguished road OneTrack's Avatar
    Bike
    2015 FZ07
    Approved training...harder licensing ..none will stop Chinese from buying their license. It's the TESTING process that needs to be change. Instead of a person telling you to turn left/ right or lane change. It should be a destination based test...that way they can judge how the testee will react in REAL life situation. For instant ..drive from Burnaby ICBC testing center to Richmond ICBC center...they can use a gps..but the instructor should just be observing.

Ofcourse madatory class would be good to improve skill...but the problem with these CHINESE ..is NOT SKILL..is how selfish they are when they are on the road.
    Exactly. I am sure that Chinese drivers are quite capable of driving just as well as anyone else. What differentiates them (the "bad" Chinese drivers) is their uncaring, arrogant and selfish behaviour on the road. I have lived and worked in Richmond since 1978, so this observation comes from experience.

Registered User OneTrack is on a distinguished road OneTrack's Avatar
    Bike
    2015 FZ07
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    1. Nobody thinks they are "the" shitty driver.
    2. Motorcyclists think they are the superior operators on the road.

It's like this everywhere, not just Vancouver.

When good weather comes around, the car drivers need to look out for a plethora of dickheads riding around on motorcycles.
    Wise words. As I get older, I have become aware that I am making the occasional mistake when driving...not life-threatening or anything....but I'm still one of the best drivers in Richmond, however.
    Until I take my bike out for the first time in a few weeks, that is...

Registered User Infuria is on a distinguished road Infuria's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Ninja 300
    Quote Originally Posted by cba View Post
    damn my foot tastes bad... :P

Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    Or maybe they are upset that they put effort into driving (and remaining accident free for decades) while these half wits are out there causing insurance rates to go up and putting lives in danger.

And most of these actions are caused by people that think that they are in some way more important or better than the other people that they are sharing the roads with.

I do my best to minimize my impacts on other drivers (staying on the right except to pass, not driving with my high beams on, using turn signals, not using my phone, following road rules, etc., etc.) and I believe that makes me a better driver (IMHO).

EDIT: I fully reconize when i make a mistake, I'm human. But at least i own up to it. Not like these tards who blame the other driver when they were clearly at fault (running a stop sign/light, doing something blatently illegal)

backslider K-rod is on a distinguished road K-rod's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    Why are Kenyans so good at running? It's not because they're trying to get to their next meal.
    No - its becasue they're trying to keep from becoming some predator's next meal (they've spent the past 5,000 years running away from tigers n lions n shit).

Lotsa practise thats now in the genes

(ps: this is partially a joke, but possibly partially true)

+ Reply to Thread