Cop spotting heads up.... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57

Thread: Cop spotting heads up....

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by vstromgreg View Post
    throw up. shame, whatever.... mostly the bike looks too ungainly to be going fast... the police trade in their radar guns for recalibration when they find one speeding, no way something that ugly could be going that fast right?

    and I am OK with that...


    Sneakiest Poilice Undercover I have seen out here, was a Hyundai Sonata...... like someone said... no honour left in the game....
    On the other side of the coin, I've also frequently seen people driving like retards BECAUSE there is a cruiser in the vicinity. Lots of people freak out and pretend to be angels....it's stupid. Go with the flow of traffic, a cop isn't going to pull 15 people over for doing 10 over the limit while they're actually on their way for a donut.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User pika is on a distinguished road pika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    unicycle
    can't wait for the post about being pulled over by a cop on a vstrom.

  4. #33
    Registered User s2upid is on a distinguished road s2upid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    sportwhat?
    watch out for this guy

    Quote Originally Posted by CanaganD
    DM: "You have successfully dodged the wild left turner"

    s2upid: "Now, I'd like to use my sword of slaying.... it's got a +4 against idiots"

  5. #34
    Ridin Dirty vstromgreg is on a distinguished road vstromgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BC
    Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Quote Originally Posted by pika View Post
    can't wait for the post about being pulled over by a cop on a vstrom.
    got a few stories..which one you want?..... the ones with or without a ticket??
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.


  6. #35
    Formerly kanelupis CanaganD is on a distinguished road CanaganD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    K1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    On the other side of the coin, I've also frequently seen people driving like retards BECAUSE there is a cruiser in the vicinity. Lots of people freak out and pretend to be angels....it's stupid. Go with the flow of traffic, a cop isn't going to pull 15 people over for doing 10 over the limit while they're actually on their way for a donut.
    Exactly. Drive normally and all is good. I get pissed off at people on the left lane that slow down and make sure they don't pass the cop on the right. C'mon people. If you're the guy in the cruiser, you'd be like 'WTF is this guy on the right doing? He holdin drugs?'

  7. #36
    Moderator CoolDaddyGroove is on a distinguished road CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New West
    Bike
    2012 Ninja 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Kentor View Post
    The key is to not look like an asshole while speeding. Fortunately, V-Strom's come standard with a cloaking device that renders you almost invisible to LEO's.
    Don't know where I saw it, probably something Darren dreamed up at pub night, but something about an inflatable device for sportbikes. Pull the pin, and your Gixxer becomes a VStrom. Cop auto-ignores you........
    Ease into it, you don't want a tear.
    - SSBlade May 2014

  8. #37
    Registered User rk604 is on a distinguished road rk604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Burnaby
    Bike
    RSV4
    I've seen less and less cops on the roads...is it just me? They seem to be more lenient too

  9. #38
    BCSB Public Relations kerunt is on a distinguished road kerunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Starbucks in turn 2.
    Bike
    eats autobahns
    Quote Originally Posted by s2upid View Post
    watch out for this guy

    Proper use of "your" and "you're?" I like this guy!!
    Starbucks poses by me.

    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Some guys just have that certain je ne c'est CHIA....

  10. #39
    Registered User pika is on a distinguished road pika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by vstromgreg View Post
    got a few stories..which one you want?..... the ones with or without a ticket??
    cop was riding a vstrom?!? ok. i'd like to hear these stories.

  11. #40
    Registered User Squint is on a distinguished road Squint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    East Van
    Bike
    93 VFR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cans View Post
    Wonder if an argument of entrapment or the fact the police was not immediately identifiable will ever work. Can't blame someone for running from a madman in a minivan trying to run ya over.... Just gotta work once in court and the silly practise will stop. Another argument is that an "appearance" of justice is required. Not sure if hiding out in costumes and rusty cars or using seized cars "would bring the administration of justice into disrepute". These arguments, if successful, will have case thrown out of court. Also the fact of being under surveillance or privacy invaded without cause is another but that gets trumped because driving is a privilege not a right so they are allowed to monitor you there.
    A few years ago buddy of mine was riding home, spots a mazda protege getting a bit too comfortable around Dundas and Nanaimo. Car follows, my buddy is getting concerned, over the bridge, cop car pulls him over, mazda stops too. Mazda was an off-duty who called it in, guy basically dictates to the on-duty cop all kinds of stuff. My buddy goes to court, the cop and the judge basically laugh at him, all the great lines like "...guys like you..." and "...teach you a lesson...". The whole thing stunk top to bottom, but unless he gets lawyered up he's bending over. So, I don't think the "didn't know he was a cop, thought he was chasing me" thing would get very far.

  12. #41
    Registered User 2cans is on a distinguished road 2cans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    gva
    Bike
    bah
    Motor vehicle act...

    "73 (1) A peace officer may require the driver of a motor vehicle to stop and the driver of a motor vehicle, when signalled or requested to stop by a peace officer who is readily identifiable as a peace officer, must immediately come to a safe stop."

    I am not sure a disguised police officer in an unmarked is considered "readily identifiable as a peace officer", so accordingly to the MVA, I wouldn't have to stop. If they caught me...

    Probably won't work, but how can someone be "identifiable" if they are in disguise? Can the court argue the police are not really that good at disguises therefore you must stop? If you are pulled over by a unmarked or disguised officer, they are contravening the MVA and by the courts to allow such contradiction, the "appearance of justice" is compromised and is a charter violation which trumps all arguments. But again, operation a motor vehicle is a controlled "privilege" so it is allowed to be monitored in any way to ensure safety. I am just not sure if a charter works if officers purposely try to fool, even if on road. If unmarked travelling close, an argument that the officer was guilty of entrapment by his driving style that enticed erratic traffic flow/

  13. #42
    Registered User Bison is on a distinguished road Bison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Van Is
    Bike
    98GL
    Quote Originally Posted by vstromgreg View Post
    throw up. shame, whatever.... mostly the bike looks too ungainly to be going fast... the police trade in their radar guns for recalibration when they find one speeding, no way something that ugly could be going that fast right?

    and I am OK with that...


    Sneakiest Poilice Undercover I have seen out here, was a Hyundai Sonata...... like someone said... no honour left in the game....

    I assume you would not have liked the gray unmarked Chev extended cab with a canopy on the back, that I used to drive. I even missed it when other guys were driving it. Totally invisible until all the hidden clear lights lit up in colour.

  14. #43
    I like traffic cones :S made Man is on a distinguished road made Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    hard in the mac
    Bike
    rsv4r
    ya know, if you guys are gonna hide then we should have jammers. Make it sporting and not shooting fish in the barrel.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

  15. #44
    Registered User Bansal is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Burnaby
    Bike
    Still working on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison View Post
    I assume you would not have liked the gray unmarked Chev extended cab with a canopy on the back, that I used to drive. I even missed it when other guys were driving it. Totally invisible until all the hidden clear lights lit up in colour.
    They've got a black F350 now that's the same. Seen it having people pulled over more than a few times in the last couple years. From out at/near UBC all the way into Surrey/Delta. Not sure if it just gets around, or if there's more than one, but that's a nice truck.

  16. #45
    Registered User T-Wall is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Bike
    2004 GS500f
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cans View Post
    Motor vehicle act...

    "73 (1) A peace officer may require the driver of a motor vehicle to stop and the driver of a motor vehicle, when signalled or requested to stop by a peace officer who is readily identifiable as a peace officer, must immediately come to a safe stop."

    I am not sure a disguised police officer in an unmarked is considered "readily identifiable as a peace officer", so accordingly to the MVA, I wouldn't have to stop. If they caught me...

    Probably won't work, but how can someone be "identifiable" if they are in disguise? Can the court argue the police are not really that good at disguises therefore you must stop? If you are pulled over by a unmarked or disguised officer, they are contravening the MVA and by the courts to allow such contradiction, the "appearance of justice" is compromised and is a charter violation which trumps all arguments. But again, operation a motor vehicle is a controlled "privilege" so it is allowed to be monitored in any way to ensure safety. I am just not sure if a charter works if officers purposely try to fool, even if on road. If unmarked travelling close, an argument that the officer was guilty of entrapment by his driving style that enticed erratic traffic flow/
    I'd say that once the red and blue flashing lights come on, they are pretty readily identifiable as a peace officer, and only after those lights come on would they signal or request you to stop so.....I think your argument wouldn't stand up

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts