Cop spotting heads up.... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cop spotting heads up....

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessBitch View Post
    They've always been around, seems like they're picking less conspicuous ghost cars now, as opposed to just unmarked cop cars. Mini vans, Nissan Altimas, chargers... Not the car you would expect to be a cop.
    That's my point, it's not now, they've been doing that for years.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Smile. :) 243Pete is on a distinguished road 243Pete's Avatar
    Bike
    BMW R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    Have you guys been riding/driving around with your eyes closed? There's been so many incognito cop cars out on the roads for years and years.
    I think its more of a surprise for anyone who isn't suspecting that the Chevy family van is actually a cop vehicle.

Downtown has quite the number of them from the Ford F150 with Leer cap, roof rack and over sized tires, white Chevy mini van, a Crown Vic that has silvery stock rims and the list continues to grow.

Happiness is the corner Land Roving is on a distinguished road Land Roving's Avatar
    Bike
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    Out in Delta/Deas Island they've got minivans of all shapes and colors, a newer blue-Grey Buick sedan, a couple Honda Ridgelines, Ford pickups (Grey F-150s and Superdutys), Silverados and Sierras, a CRV or RAV4... The works. With Ford discontinuing the Crown Vic and the police almost simultaneously gaining the ability to use seized vehicles for their own purposes, the smart driver doesn't take anything for granted any more!

Eyes set on the rubbarb kelaog is on a distinguished road kelaog's Avatar
    Bike
    Bike hiatus
    This game has lost its honor. It used to be a gentlemens sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Police to impounds is like gay men to bum sex. It's going to happen... and the participants love it.

Registered User 2cans is on a distinguished road 2cans's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    Is a plate flipper honorable? Wonder if an argument of entrapment or the fact the police was not immediately identifiable will ever work. Can't blame someone for running from a madman in a minivan trying to run ya over.... Just gotta work once in court and the silly practise will stop. Another argument is that an "appearance" of justice is required. Not sure if hiding out in costumes and rusty cars or using seized cars "would bring the administration of justice into disrepute". These arguments, if successful, will have case thrown out of court. Also the fact of being under surveillance or privacy invaded without cause is another but that gets trumped because driving is a privilege not a right so they are allowed to monitor you there.
    Last edited by 2cans; 03-18-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Registered User CanadianBird is on a distinguished road CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    That guy is well known. He's usually sitting at on/off ramps on the #1 throughout West Van.
    That guy cost me $1,200! over three years.

Moderator Mighty Kentor is on a distinguished road Mighty Kentor's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 DL1000 V-Strom
    The key is to not look like an asshole while speeding. Fortunately, V-Strom's come standard with a cloaking device that renders you almost invisible to LEO's.
    Reformatted to fit your screen.

hanging out at timmies rawdonflyer is an unknown quantity at this point rawdonflyer's Avatar
    Bike
    a suzisomething
    just out of curiosity did that 'homeless cop' at the intersection with the sign have a squeegee on him?
    also was he carrying a bag of timbits too? if he was thats a dead giveaway its bad news for you.

BCSB Public Relations kerunt is on a distinguished road kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    eats autobahns
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Kentor View Post
    The key is to not look like an asshole while speeding. Fortunately, V-Strom's come standard with a cloaking device that renders you almost invisible to LEO's.
    That's because when a 'Strom rolls down the street, people lower their eyes in shame of being in such close vicinity and fear of being associated with you!
    Starbucks poses by me.

"Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Some guys just have that certain je ne c'est CHIA....

Registered User woodman967 is on a distinguished road woodman967's Avatar
    Bike
    It's SUPER
    Oh Gawd, even when im out on my girls bike (sv650s) and I see one of those homely contraptions coming, I always pretend to adjust my throttle side mirror, so nobody thinks im part of the "geek squad".....!!!
    "When all is said and done, more got said than done"

Administrator adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium's Avatar
    Bike
    I wish.
    I like this idea of the homeless board and cell phones. I'm tired of people USING their phones (web, texting) while driving. I don't really care if they talk on it as I don't think that's the issue -- but if it has to be all or nothing.. I'd rather it be nothing and I seem to see people using them every single day all day long.
    BCSB- Administrator

backslider K-rod is on a distinguished road K-rod's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 K1200S
    Naw naw - its not a 'cloaking device' ... its just that they're (Stroms) so dang unaesthetic, that cops have to turn their heads and look away ...

Registered User Bison is on a distinguished road Bison's Avatar
    Bike
    98GL
    ,....to throw up??????

Ridin Dirty vstromgreg is on a distinguished road vstromgreg's Avatar
    Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison View Post
    ,....to throw up??????
    throw up. shame, whatever.... mostly the bike looks too ungainly to be going fast... the police trade in their radar guns for recalibration when they find one speeding, no way something that ugly could be going that fast right?

and I am OK with that...

Sneakiest Poilice Undercover I have seen out here, was a Hyundai Sonata...... like someone said... no honour left in the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Ridin Dirty vstromgreg is on a distinguished road vstromgreg's Avatar
    Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    I like this idea of the homeless board and cell phones. I'm tired of people USING their phones (web, texting) while driving. I don't really care if they talk on it as I don't think that's the issue -- but if it has to be all or nothing.. I'd rather it be nothing and I seem to see people using them every single day all day long.
    no kidding.... I see this woman in traffic on the weekend she is reading from a sheet of paper and texting what she is reading into her phone with the other hand, at the light she puts down the phone to drink coffee and eat a breakfast sandwich....

when I asked her if she could find anything else to do while she was supposed to be driving? she gives me a look like she caught me peeking in her bedroom window, rolls up her car window and proceeds to begin texting again.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

+ Reply to Thread