BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Carbon Fibre Wing Night - All Welcome - Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 - 6:30PM

4K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  taoofdavid 
#1 · (Edited)
CARBONFIBRE WING NIGHT at WINGS!!! :thewave

This coming Tuesday Night March 27th @ 6:30 pm!
Southeast corner of North Road & Lougheed Hwy, Coquitlam (Lougheed Mall area)

Arrangements have been made to replace Luke Pyle (alias Gomer Skywalker) with a more suitable server :noevil and interestingly; we have the:bowdown ladies on our list to thank for that! :rockon

Also; we are seizing the tables rather than the booths for better seating logistics as well as improved mingling!

PM or post if in!

#20 ·
Nom nom nom!! Can't wait!! See you there ;) Hey Vstrom Greg, you and Karen coming again?? :)

#24 ·
:-/
Daym! I get to Wing night and within 10 minutes: all the girls leave!!!
I guess I should be used to that by now... :(

#26 ·
While that plan seemed brilliant to me except that by the time I arrived; you all had taken all the good ones and left me the leftovers! What a disappointment! And the server still sucked!
I think I'm going to try to do a bit more research in Coquitlam/Burnaby for a better product and service!
Anyone want to join me in the dirty work, PM me!

#28 ·
Oh yeah, at one point I had to go chase the girl and when I got to the kitchen/main door area, even they didnt know where she was. WTF?

SuziBug even had to call the front desk to ask where the hell our waitress was and to get our bills for us.

So, between Bill and I we have come up with a few ideas for the next location. Stay tuned peoples.

#29 ·
I didn't come because of the choice to repeat at the same place.. which I felt was a disaster of an operation.

But I didn't want to put any newcomers off by chiming in that it was a shithole before the event happened.

Looking forward to the Carbonfibrerocket WINGDING v2.0

Sorry to miss the pretty ladies of BCSB last night. Har har.

#30 ·
Does anyone remember the place that Ryan, the rider/racer on BCSB works at in Coquitlam ??? I remember we use to go there from time to time ???
He even threw in a deal here and there sometimes.... the pub had an outdoor patio if I can remember ???

#32 ·
FWIW, Woody's may not have world class wings, but they are f'n cheap, almost all the time,
offer pretty decent service, can very easily accommodate larger groups, and generally has a "fun"
atmosphere, of course this is ultimately dictated by the attendees.

Another choice, in New West, which offers $5/lb wings, perhaps less selection of flavors, but is
a cool pub, and generally EXCELLENT service, is The River's Reach on 6th. Busy lil place, so depending
on night, worth a call ahead, although the patio section is usually more open.

A third option, also in Coquitlam, which is always pretty decent, is the John B Pub on Austin, which
has a pretty loyal following, and has for years. I'm not sure about wing night, they are doing some
renos right now, so closed this week.

Food for thought.......

#33 ·
FWIW, Woody's may not have world class wings, but they are f'n cheap, almost all the time,
offer pretty decent service, can very easily accommodate larger groups, and generally has a "fun"
atmosphere, of course this is ultimately dictated by the attendees.
Plus... they're called WOODY's for goodness sakes.... the puns will never stop... ;)

#35 ·
Was a fun night. I enjoyed meeting some new people. My previous suggestion was actually the Thirsty Duck, since it's walking distance from my place! Chia's got some good suggestions too! The River's Reach is a great place too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.