is there a rumoured pandemic coming? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: is there a rumoured pandemic coming?

Registered User Coastmaster is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    More than one
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    This depends on how badly they need blood.
    Not according to CBS policy. There are hard and fast rules which are in place to guarantee the integrity of the blood supply. After what happened in the '80s, decisions are now black and white. Intravenous drug user? Pass. Men having indescriminate sex with men? Pass. Visited the following countries in the last 6 months? Pass.

And CBS is always hurting for donations. If you're reading this, please donate if you can.

++++++ Grapes is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastmaster View Post
    Not according to CBS policy. There are hard and fast rules which are in place to guarantee the integrity of the blood supply. After what happened in the '80s, decisions are now black and white. Intravenous drug user? Pass. Men having indescriminate sex with men? Pass. Visited the following countries in the last 6 months? Pass.

And CBS is always hurting for donations. If you're reading this, please donate if you can.
    1. CBS crisis policy isn't posted online. We're talking catastrophic incidents. I'd rather have to take HAART for the rest of my life than die from lack of blood after our impending "earthquack".

2. There are several students at UBC with TB. We're talking big classes too; in excess of 400 kids. Nothing really you can do about it.

Registered User Coastmaster is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    More than one
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    1. We're talking catastrophic incidents.
    We are? I'm not.

And if I knew that any potential donor was exposed to TB, they'd be excused immediately. As I stated, the integrity of the blood supply is paramount.

I would also suggest that if, as you say, "There are several students at UBC with TB", you advise them to seek medical help immediately. And have everyone who has had contact with them do the same.

++++++ Grapes is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastmaster View Post
    We are? I'm not.

And if I knew that any potential donor was exposed to TB, they'd be excused immediately. As I stated, the integrity of the blood supply is paramount.

I would also suggest that if, as you say, "There are several students at UBC with TB", you advise them to seek medical help immediately. And have everyone who has had contact with them do the same.
    If only you knew what they let through their screens... I hope you never need any blood then!

The classes were informed and many individuals got tested. The thing is UBC is a city in itself and therefore behaves as such; not everyone cares enough to do anything, and, not enough people were made aware of the severity or existence of the incident. Plus you're dealing with headstrong people in their twenties... Not the best combo.

Still, better than meningitis that was dealt with last term; one student died.

+ Reply to Thread