Motorcycle Covers - what do you guys recommend? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Motorcycle Covers - what do you guys recommend?

Green stonecold is on a distinguished road stonecold's Avatar
    Bike
    2009 ZX6R---2008 KLX 450 SM---2005 SV650
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    Motorcycles are water resistant. Pack a microfiber cloth with you, wipe the seat, tank, and grips down before you ride it home. No need for a cover.
    This is what I do... Works just fine... Not to mention if you are commuting in the rain you are likely wearing full waterproof gear anyways.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Unless it's Italian...then it's made of sugar.

100% Asshole SpookyjacK is on a distinguished road SpookyjacK's Avatar
    Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    Unless it's Italian...then it's made of sugar.
    Ya keep believing that one...LOL

Braaaaappp GLrider is on a distinguished road GLrider's Avatar
    Bike
    2009 Daytona 675
    I bought this one from Walmart : http://www.walmart.com/ip/Classic-Ac...-Cover/5982680

works great. kept my bike dry from a downpour.
    2009 Daytona 675
    2001 DRZ400E Streeted
    2006 yz450f
    www.SouthandBack.blogspot.com --> Argentina to Canada, KLR 650

I survived Richmond! silverfox is on a distinguished road silverfox's Avatar
    Bike
    ZX6R 2008
    I use one not for the rain but for the crap coming form the highway. If i don't cover my bike, it gets filthy as shit the next morning. That and pollen. Amazing how much pollen dust on my cover each morning (during the pollen season that is). Aaaaaaaannnnnddd to protect it from the sun if i'm not riding. Sun is really fucking things up. You should see my son's plastic tricycles. Left them outside on my deck a few times and the paint is already pale.

Moderator Shovelhead is on a distinguished road Shovelhead's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 ZX-14, 2009 Ninjette
    Quote Originally Posted by GLrider View Post
    I bought this one from Walmart : http://www.walmart.com/ip/Classic-Ac...-Cover/5982680

works great. kept my bike dry from a downpour.
    Prices dropped at Bianca Amor ( Liquidation store under the Flag in Surrey)
    $11 will get you a bike cover.
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 October 23, 2011)

Registered User kivyee is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    05 Sv650s
    Using a cover on a dirty bike is a definite way of picking up scratches.

How to ride Redhawk is on a distinguished road Redhawk's Avatar
    Bike
    2010 Versys
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I use one not for the rain but for the crap coming form the highway. If i don't cover my bike, it gets filthy as shit the next morning. That and pollen. Amazing how much pollen dust on my cover each morning (during the pollen season that is). Aaaaaaaannnnnddd to protect it from the sun if i'm not riding. Sun is really fucking things up. You should see my son's plastic tricycles. Left them outside on my deck a few times and the paint is already pale.
    If I was leaving my bike out in the sun for extended periods of time, I'd throw a cover over it for sure. Seen quite a few red CBR's with faded plastic around.

Registered User CanadianBird is on a distinguished road CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    If I was leaving my bike out in the sun for extended periods of time, I'd throw a cover over it for sure. Seen quite a few red CBR's with faded plastic around.
    Not mine, don't leave her in the sun and I cover her up. Riding in the sun doesn't count. Covers are cheap so I see no reason not to cover my bike when I'm not riding it.

Poser Emeritus bill is on a distinguished road bill's Avatar
    Bike
    Motorcycle
    If you want to cover it to prevent theft and vandalism then you need to cover it with a compact when compressed style.

Whenever you cover it be very wary of wind storms not just for flapping covers scratching your bike but for it knocking your bike over.

I use this for travelling , expensive but worth it when you want to protect your bike from malcontents. If I can see the cover being used as a security device why bother at all. They just take up room and are a PITA

Different versions available

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-u...-covers-4.html
    Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.

Registered User bigbadpoppa is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2009 GSX-R 750
    if you go in this direction (even though most have recommended not needed), cheapest cover you can find that's waterproof. I have a cheap $20 and it works wonders. I only use it for storage though. The rest of the stuff is just marketing gimmick cr@p. A cover is a cover, a bike does not need to "breath". It's not a damn mammal in a cage.
    Current: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Retired: 1999 Yamaha R6, 1989 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Registered User Pee Wee is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa View Post
    if you go in this direction (even though most have recommended not needed), cheapest cover you can find that's waterproof. I have a cheap $20 and it works wonders. I only use it for storage though. The rest of the stuff is just marketing gimmick cr@p. A cover is a cover, a bike does not need to "breath". It's not a damn mammal in a cage.
    Show's how smrt you are. Condensation, I know it's a big word, but look it up man. Your shitty tarp is probably holding in more water than it's repelling.

Condensation under your cover is what rusts all that nice electrical stuff your bike needs to keep running well. A good Guardian All Weather cover has a small hard plastic vent in it to allow some air flow to get rid of it. It's got eyelets to allow you to lock it onto the bike, and the underside has felt to keep it from scratching the windshield and fairings. If you don't have a garage, it's the best you can buy. $122.99.

Registered User Captain_Canada is on a distinguished road Captain_Canada's Avatar
    Bike
    1999 Ducati Monster 750m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    Show's how smrt you are. Condensation, I know it's a big word, but look it up man. Your shitty tarp is probably holding in more water than it's repelling.

Condensation under your cover is what rusts all that nice electrical stuff your bike needs to keep running well. A good Guardian All Weather cover has a small hard plastic vent in it to allow some air flow to get rid of it. It's got eyelets to allow you to lock it onto the bike, and the underside has felt to keep it from scratching the windshield and fairings. If you don't have a garage, it's the best you can buy. $122.99.
    I've got a Guardian All Weather cover too worth the extra bit of dough. Good build quality but it's bulky and I wouldn't want to have to carry it around.
    1999 Ducati Monster 750m

Registered User bigbadpoppa is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2009 GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa View Post
    the original poster was referring to a cover for 8hrs. Any cover will do for that short duration.
    Current: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Retired: 1999 Yamaha R6, 1989 Suzuki GSX-R 750

+ Reply to Thread