Lets help save racing at PGP!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lets help save racing at PGP!

GoPro Inspector FOXGURL is on a distinguished road FOXGURL's Avatar
    Bike
    yz250f

Exclamation Lets help save racing at PGP!

Just to make everyone aware of whats happening south of the border, here is some news on the fate of PGP. If you have ever rode, or are interested in riding PGP, can you please take a minute and send in an email of support to PGP so that they have something to show in court. We have to stick together on these things and PGP is way too nice of a track to risk losing it for future supermoto.

Thank you
    Heather

NEWS:

http://www.examiner.com/environmenta...mit-violations

EMAIL:

info@pacificgp.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

California dreamin' KatRider is on a distinguished road KatRider's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Triumph Speed Triple
    I'm not clear what the issue is.

They were operating on days when they were not supposed to (as per the 1984 ordinance order which was not being enforced) and got their wrists slapped. While I understand why losing some revenue generating days (and thus affecting the economic viability of the track) is an issue, it's not like the ruling is to actually close the track.

Am I missing something?
    Work sucks -- let's go riding!

Beer League Racer/Asshole SnoDragon is on a distinguished road SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    That was my take-away too. It does suck seeing any motorsports facility being threatened though. Sadly, I fear that many of them will be gone before 5 years is out. Motorcycle racing at Mission is in peril, and a at least 1 large club in California has shut down this year after 21 years in operation (WSMC). Let's hope that PGP complies with their neighbors. Sound issues are killing most tracks. It's what hurt us at Mission, and is hurting California tracks everywhere they are near populations.
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

I ride bikes w/o lights BrianSM is on a distinguished road BrianSM's Avatar
    Bike
    Whats a sportbike ?
    yea you are , the big track ( PIR ) and the county have been hassling over permit and usage docs wording for years... the small track off to one side has been caught up in the whirlwind..
    big track is Pacific International raceway, small (our track) Pacific Grand Prix Raceway...that's the very simplified version...
    Brian # 30

Bike
    yz250f
    The issue is that people move into an area, get a good deal on property because it is close to something which makes noise or the like....and then they complain and want things to change. It always happens and they always win! Why do we let them win?? we need riding areas/tracks! I'm sick of people complaining things are too loud...boo hoo, suck it up or move. Put your house for sale, im sure one of these racers would LOVE to live right next to the track.

Bikes not keyboards Shawn Watson is on a distinguished road Shawn Watson's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250F Supermoto
    The County has ordered Pacific to correct violations to be in compliance with its conditional use permit one of which is cease all non shift kart use at PGP = no supermoto bikes.
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...aokIjulg4LmOcg

There is good news however re. Pacific
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ceways21m.html

http://washingtonnationalestates.com..._Site_Plan.pdf
    Last edited by Shawn Watson; 03-26-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Gaelic Rapper oldsquid is on a distinguished road oldsquid's Avatar
    Bike
    2000 Honda RC51, 2010 Husaberg 450FE
    The biggest problem we as motorsport racers/fans/enthusiasts have is us. As single stand alone clubs we have no voice, no power, no political affilitation. When was the last time you saw any club/sanctioning body on TV or in the dailies talking about the constant fight to stay alive in a world comprised of people who hate what we do because it's loud, it's offensive, it's full of druggies and alcoholics, it's poisoning Mother Earth, it's killing our children with the petroleum distillates that seep into our Aquifers, insert another ten or fifteen reasons of your own choice, then try to tell these people it's what we love and we deserve the same rules and respect any soccer club, equestrian centre or golf club deserves and expects.

It's like talking to deaf man when you can't sign, isn't it?

Any of us who have been around motorsports any length of time can count how many tracks we've lost using all of our fingers and toes, yet to count the new ones we've seen built we can just about use one hand. I personally have met so much hatred for any kind of racing that involves a motor in this province I fear the day is coming when the last thing that is oval and holds any kind of racing endeavours will be Ex Park, pardon me, Hastings Park.

My opinion is that the feasability of one large club comprised of all racers be considered to try and find a way to join forces and thus have some power, unlike now where we have pretty well one club speaking for each form of racing, from BCCCA with drag racing, WMRC with motorcycle road racing, SCCBC with road racing, don't know the acronym for the motocross club/clubs, and our own supermoto club. Strength in numbers is what racing needs instead of lone voices being percieved as nothing more than whingers. All any of us has to do to realize how much of a fight we have in the years ahead only look back at Molson Indy. Huge draw, huge money, huge fan base, and where is it now? Don't bring up the fatality please, we all know about it and most of us realize that if fatalities were the reason any race/club/track were to be closed there wouldn't be any tracks open. Look at what happened at Philip Island just a couple of weeks ago, you think the Australian gov't is going to close that track down?

For once I'd like to see a group of us racers/motorsport fans march to Victoria, or block the Burrard Bridge bike lane, or sit on the Museum steps, or how about this, block all the traffic like the asshat bicyclists do so we can raise the profile of our struggle to survive.

:

Eyes set on the rubbarb kelaog is on a distinguished road kelaog's Avatar
    Bike
    Bike hiatus
    Build your house next to a racetrack, and then try and shut the racetrack down because it makes too much noise. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Police to impounds is like gay men to bum sex. It's going to happen... and the participants love it.

I ride bikes w/o lights BrianSM is on a distinguished road BrianSM's Avatar
    Bike
    Whats a sportbike ?
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsquid View Post
    The biggest problem we as motorsport racers/fans/enthusiasts have is us. As single stand alone clubs we have no voice, no power, no political affilitation. When was the last time you saw any club/sanctioning body on TV or in the dailies talking about the constant fight to stay alive in a world comprised of people who hate what we do because it's loud, it's offensive, it's full of druggies and alcoholics, it's poisoning Mother Earth, it's killing our children with the petroleum distillates that seep into our Aquifers, insert another ten or fifteen reasons of your own choice, then try to tell these people it's what we love and we deserve the same rules and respect any soccer club, equestrian centre or golf club deserves and expects.

It's like talking to deaf man when you can't sign, isn't it?

Any of us who have been around motorsports any length of time can count how many tracks we've lost using all of our fingers and toes, yet to count the new ones we've seen built we can just about use one hand. I personally have met so much hatred for any kind of racing that involves a motor in this province I fear the day is coming when the last thing that is oval and holds any kind of racing endeavours will be Ex Park, pardon me, Hastings Park.

My opinion is that the feasability of one large club comprised of all racers be considered to try and find a way to join forces and thus have some power, unlike now where we have pretty well one club speaking for each form of racing, from BCCCA with drag racing, WMRC with motorcycle road racing, SCCBC with road racing, don't know the acronym for the motocross club/clubs, and our own supermoto club. Strength in numbers is what racing needs instead of lone voices being percieved as nothing more than whingers. All any of us has to do to realize how much of a fight we have in the years ahead only look back at Molson Indy. Huge draw, huge money, huge fan base, and where is it now? Don't bring up the fatality please, we all know about it and most of us realize that if fatalities were the reason any race/club/track were to be closed there wouldn't be any tracks open. Look at what happened at Philip Island just a couple of weeks ago, you think the Australian gov't is going to close that track down?

For once I'd like to see a group of us racers/motorsport fans march to Victoria, or block the Burrard Bridge bike lane, or sit on the Museum steps, or how about this, block all the traffic like the asshat bicyclists do so we can raise the profile of our struggle to survive.

:

Spot on
    Brian # 30

Bikes not keyboards Shawn Watson is on a distinguished road Shawn Watson's Avatar
    Bike
    Support PGP by voting.http://nwescapes.king5.com/pgp-motor...utm_medium=Web
    " Vote! This year is especially important with the Best NW Escapes contest and we need your voices heard. As our usage has recently been stifled, your vote will shout out why Drifting, Car Lapping, Supermoto and Competitive Kart Racing need to be back at PGP!! "

Bike
    yz250f
    Done and done, thanks Shawn!

Bike

Bike
    yz250f
    Thanks Shawn for keeping us up to speed.

+ Reply to Thread