Used Triumph Daytona 675 Question/Advice Please
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Used Triumph Daytona 675 Question/Advice Please

Registered User aspz is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    Suzuki Gladius 650

Used Triumph Daytona 675 Question/Advice Please

Hello Everyone.I know the topic of mileage on sportsbikes have been discussed todeath, but I just wanted to provide my specific scenario and ask forany advice from most of you seasoned riders. Newbie biker here...gotmy lisence on a Suzuki SV650 Gladius...love it, very forgiving bike, but...I'm thinking of upgrading to a Triumph Daytona 675. I've found a used one-- a 2006 year with 21,000 KMs. The owner says the bike is"mint"...but won't allow test rides until the cash is in his hand. How am I supposed to know if something is amiss with the bike withoutgiving him the money?! Is this a good/bad/fair deal? 2006 Daytona with 21,000 KMs. Too high? He's the second owner and says will let me know the mileage of the bike when he got it. 50-60% tiretread remaining. Says he's had all thr maintenance work done between himself and his mechanic buddy. I know it depends on the service history and how it was maintained...but new ones go for $12,999 and one knows all their history. Jjust seeking thoughts and any advice. Many thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    And the bike is a US bike. Way too many variables!

Registered User Pee Wee is on a distinguished road Pee Wee's Avatar
    Bike
    Get it inspected asap, do not trust the seller. He's got no receipts for service, you can bet it's not been done.
    There is like 4 of these for sale, don't settle for one that's may or may not be a POS.
    Good mechanic can pick it apart, find faults or shit that needs work or soon will need it, tell you what you are looking at expense wise in the near future.
    Dealers will put a demo plate on it, take if for a rip, make sure if shift correctly, see if the clutch slips, drops out of gear or has a wobble, pulls left or right etc....

Lot's of scammers out there that wad shit, buy stuff on Fley bay, do a quick fix and never say a word. You may be buying a bike that should have a rebuilt status or is a write off (tweaked frame).

Trust no one.
    Matt Mladin on hearing of Ben Spies retirement, "You PUSSY"
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcghie View Post
    My sarcasm meter might have to be recalibrated, I'm not sure what you mean anymore. :)

Bike
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    Just spoke to the guy. Has a DUI in effect until winter this year.

A bullet dodged. phew!

Thanks Pee Wee

+ Reply to Thread