MCPARKING Rally Saturday May 5th 7:45 am in Vancouver
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MCPARKING Rally Saturday May 5th 7:45 am in Vancouver

Registered User itootill is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2009 Aprilia Sport City (Scooter)

Thumbs up MCPARKING Rally Saturday May 5th 7:45 am in Vancouver

Calling ALL riders! We need you there for the 2012 Vancouver Scooter / Motorcycle Parking Rally Saturday May 5th, 7:45 am just east of the Vancouver Aquatic Center at 1050 Beach Ave. From there we will ride to a destination downtown and occupy single vehicle parking spaces until 11am. The purpose is to follow up on our rally in 2010 which resulted in our motion for dedicated on-street parking being passed by Council (you may have noticed the painted triangles appearing in Vancouver on the far side of intersections, just after crosswalks).Why are we doing this? Because we want MORE parking and FREE parking for motorcycles and scooters. Your presence gets media attention which then shows Council we mean business. The rationale for all of this can be found on our website www.mcparking.ca and on our facebook page Vancouver Scooter / Motorcycle Parking Initiative. You can also follow on Twitter @mcparking. Please help with this. If you've been ticketed, towed or had your bike knocked over while parked, you know this is worth three hours of your time and $6 (for parking). We'll have prizes you may even win. We can also use volunteers NOW! See you all on May 5th
    Last edited by itootill; 04-01-2012 at 10:50 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

604 ANIME FREAK!!! DARKSUN is on a distinguished road DARKSUN's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 Honda Silverwing ABS
    I will be there
    "I live my life a Quarter pounder at a time..for those 300 calories or more..I am Free."

2006 Honda Silverwing 600 ABS (Blue)

Fonz Be With You njoytheride is on a distinguished road njoytheride's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 Yamaha R6 / 2007 Yamaha FZ6
    i'm there

Registered User Vanbc is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2009 BMW F650GS
    parking is 50% cheaper at meters when you use the pay-by-phone feature. just saying.
    Last edited by Vanbc; 04-17-2012 at 08:31 PM.

A very fast 250! silence is on a distinguished road silence's Avatar
    Bike
    Only in my head right now =(
    i'm there as well! I'll wake up on my day off early for a good cause. (as long as it's not raining)
    2011 Ninja 250R -> 2011 - 2012 (crashed)

Veni, vidi, velcro.... Squeakerfish is on a distinguished road Squeakerfish's Avatar
    Bike
    2013 Ninja ZX1000 / 2009 Aprilia SR50 sport-scoot
    Bump

Name:  2wheelers_poster.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  48.1 KB

More details about the event itself can be found here:
    2012 Vancouver Scooter / Motorcycle Parking Rally
    mcparking.ca
    "If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. " - Steven Wright

Veni, vidi, velcro.... Squeakerfish is on a distinguished road Squeakerfish's Avatar
    Bike
    2013 Ninja ZX1000 / 2009 Aprilia SR50 sport-scoot
    "If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. " - Steven Wright

Registered User SKillerspeed is on a distinguished road SKillerspeed's Avatar
    Bike
    GSX-R 600 K4; DRZ 400SM K5; GSX-R 600 K8
    Name:  086103_Toronto_City_Council_May_Rescind_Free_Parking_for_Motorcycles_and_Scooters.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  89.5 KB

Motorcycle Parking vs. Car Parking... just sayin
    *Maritimer For Life*

Registered User BCCOM is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    n/a
    Don't forget the rally tomorrow!

Bike
    2009 BMW F650GS
    Please try and give a short demo / lesson on the proper way to park in a designated spot. I've seen some morons park parallel style dab smack in the middle and hog the whole spot.

Registered User rk604 is on a distinguished road rk604's Avatar
    Bike
    RSV4
    wasn't the whole point of this to hog the whole spot so that cars can't park there?

Ridin Dirty vstromgreg is on a distinguished road vstromgreg's Avatar
    Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanbc View Post
    Please try and give a short demo / lesson on the proper way to park in a designated spot. I've seen some morons park parallel style dab smack in the middle and hog the whole spot.
    that is the point of the rally, to illustrate how dumb the one bike per spot rule is... I thought anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Registered User Daytonut is on a distinguished road Daytonut's Avatar
    Bike
    Sharknado Red '07 D675
    Quote Originally Posted by vstromgreg View Post
    that is the point of the rally, to illustrate how dumb the one bike per spot rule is... I thought anyway...
    Nooooooo, the City wants more than 1 bike per spot, because the last time I was DT at Triple O's off Robson/Thurlow, the meter maid came by and there were 5 motorcycles in the spot and the meter had run out so one of the riders went to plug it and was told that next time if she came by and the meter shows empty every bike in the spot gets a ticket!
    Racer-X - Chicken Strip Wrangler/ Annihilator

A very fast 250! silence is on a distinguished road silence's Avatar
    Bike
    Only in my head right now =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytonut View Post
    Nooooooo, the City wants more than 1 bike per spot, because the last time I was DT at Triple O's off Robson/Thurlow, the meter maid came by and there were 5 motorcycles in the spot and the meter had run out so one of the riders went to plug it and was told that next time if she came by and the meter shows empty every bike in the spot gets a ticket!
    Sounds about right.
    2011 Ninja 250R -> 2011 - 2012 (crashed)

Bike
    2009 BMW F650GS
    I was referring to the new "designated" motorcycle / scooter spots. Not the cage spots. Should be able to get 3 bikes in one of those "designated" spots. Whatever.

+ Reply to Thread