Did someone annoy or offend you on BCSB.com? Jail time?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did someone annoy or offend you on BCSB.com? Jail time?

This space for rent Stiffler's Mom is on a distinguished road Stiffler's Mom's Avatar
    Bike
    2003 Yamaha R6

Did someone annoy or offend you on BCSB.com? Jail time?

Can you guys imagine if the BCSB banhammer was 6 months in real jail? This place would be awfully quiet.

http://gma.yahoo.com/annoying-offend...opstories.html

Distasteful comments and online insults are a mainstay of many social networks and online comment boards, but a new bill passed in Arizona could send people who "annoy or offend" to jail for up to six months.

House Bill 2549, which had bipartisan support, passed in the state's legislature and is awaiting one final vote on a minor "technical change" before the bill is sent to Gov. Jan Brewer.

The bill's sweeping language would severely inhibit First Amendment rights, David Horowitz, executive director of the Media Coalition in New York City, told ABCNews.com.

"Even in talk radio, saying 'I know this will offend my listeners' is a common practice. It's a tradition, speech that challenges the status quo," he said.

Horowitz said everything from Rush Limbaugh calling Sandra Fluke a "slut" on his radio show to Sen. Al Franken's book, "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot" could be viewed as criminal acts if the bill becomes a law.

The bill states it would be a class one misdemeanor for anyone to "terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend" through electronic and digital devices. It does not provide definitions of the terms and what would be considered annoying or offensive.

In a letter to the governor, Horowitz urged a veto "to allow legislators to craft a narrower bill that addresses their concerns without infringing on the right of free speech."

He said her office acknowledged receiving the letter and said it would include it in a pack of materials for the governor to review before she makes her decision.

The governor's office said it would not comment until the legislation reached Brewer's desk.

State Rep. Steve Farley, one of the co-sponsors of the bill, said the intention is not to stifle free speech, but to protect victims of stalking and bullying.

"It doesn't mean that the person is instantly going to be fined or put away," Farley told ABCNews.com. "But if the judge determines it relates to other circumstances in the case then they can use this as another tool to make that decision."

Including Arizona's existing law, 38 states have enacted legislation against electronic bullying, according to the Cyberbullying Research Center.

"I'm a defender of the Constitution like anyone else, but the First Amendment doesn't give you the right to harass or terrorize someone," said Justin Patchin, co-director of the Cyberbullying Research Center. "This certainly doesn't or wouldn't restrict one's freedom of speech. If it does, it will be overturned."

Patchin, who primarily studies cyberbullying in the adolescent community, said he has heard from an increasing number of adults who have been victims too and welcomes the legislation.

"We need to step back and realize there is some harmful stuff that is said out there," he said. "And it really needs to be stopped."
    - Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Ridin Dirty vstromgreg is on a distinguished road vstromgreg's Avatar
    Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    bunch of retards...someone left the gate open on the idiot farm and apparently all the escapees wandered into the state legislature...

I am thinking the drafters of this law got a lot of wedgies growing up....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

living the dream BRETT is an unknown quantity at this point BRETT's Avatar
    Bike
    only the best
    Quote Originally Posted by vstromgreg View Post
    bunch of retards...someone left the gate open on the idiot farm and apparently all the escapees wandered into the state legislature...

vstromgreg......that was f-ing funny.....thought i was going to piss myself...well said...

Don't be stupid. Sikorsky is on a distinguished road Sikorsky's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM
    What a wonderful world we live in where adults can now say "They hurt my feelings" and expect someone to take them seriously.
    The difference between you and me .........

Registered User Pee Wee is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post

You coming out??? Your just a half homo. LOL

Rawrr! taoofdavid is on a distinguished road taoofdavid's Avatar
    Bike
    BMW F650GS DAKAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    You coming out??? Your just a half homo. LOL
    When he wears the DC's on the Duc, then you know he's gone full homo.
    I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here.
    http://www.youtube.com/davidhowellca

100% Asshole SpookyjacK is on a distinguished road SpookyjacK's Avatar
    Bike
    N/A
    I can think of one douche on here that annoys the hell out of me...you KNOW who you are!!!!!
    I am more than a mathematical equation, I am more than a chemical combination...

To torque or not? CaribooBC is on a distinguished road CaribooBC's Avatar
    Bike
    94 Ducati 900 SS CR, 86 NS400R and 98 R1100S
    I was very annoyed and offended that someone had started April Fool's Day one day early this year.
    86 Honda NS400R Bone stock, 94 Ducati 900 SS CR Hot Rod, 98 BMW R1100S The Bagger.

Registered User Pee Wee is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    I just wanna say fuck all you cock smokers while it's still legal.......FUCK ALL YOU COCK SMOKERS......

padawan Grendel is on a distinguished road Grendel's Avatar
    Bike
    '89 CB-1, '64 CT200, '08 CBR125R, '82 XR100, +5 project bikes...
    LOL - I'm guessing there'd be certain folks here with consecutive life sentences....

WMRC #858 Formula Classic + PCMRC #58 F. SuperSport; Intermediate
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli January 20, 1987 October 23, 2011
    R.I.P. Joey Dunlop February 25, 1952 - July 2, 2000

Registered User swampdonkey25 is on a distinguished road swampdonkey25's Avatar
    Bike
    92 gsxr750w/ 06 honda 919
    so, if your opinions annoy someone u get put in jail eh, seems fairly democratic lol, holy shit don't let the bc liberal party get wind of this, it would be in fersure

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyjacK View Post
    I can think of one douche on here that annoys the hell out of me...you KNOW who you are!!!!!
    Fuck you too!

Registered User OneTrack is on a distinguished road OneTrack's Avatar
    Bike
    2015 FZ07
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    What a wonderful world we live in where adults can now say "They hurt my feelings" and expect someone to take them seriously.
    Oh the irony.....

Administrator adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium is the Omega adamantium's Avatar
    Bike
    I wish.
    Wonder if the private prisons are funding these senator's pockets.
    BCSB- Administrator

+ Reply to Thread